• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Seadd-Talan

Second Lieutenant
4 Badges
Mar 15, 2021
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
I played Stellaris years ago on PC, recently got it on console and just got Apocalypse. I figured that now, after many years, there would be more customization options for configuration of titans. But they are still just giant battle ships. I like that as an option. But there should be an option for a carrier as well. Maybe an option for missiles. But there aren’t even missile options for battleships, so I guess that won’t happen. It’s just lame going to build my titan and finding that I can’t make a unique design. Unless I am missing something. I have only gotten to titan level with my machine empire since getting the DLC, so correct me if I am wrong. Do different types of species get any different options?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also, I just realized that there are only large gun sections on the core and aft. I’ve done a lot more thinking about this and titans, while powerful, just don’t feel powerful. I actually lost a titan in a battle recently. I only lost 6 ships out of around 60, and one of them was a titan.
Anyway, I think titans should have 4 ship sections. Bow would always have the titanic slot, though I think there should be an even better version that can be researched off of fallen empire ships, maybe increased fire rate and slight increase to damage.
There should be two core sections since the thing is so massive. Note, the layouts I mention are all open for discussion, I’m not saying these are perfect designs.
Core 1:
Broadside= 1 XL, 5 large gun emplacements
Artillery= 3 XL gun emplacements
Missile= 8 missile emplacements and 2 large gun emplacements
Carrier= 3 hangars, 4 PD, 2 large
Core 2:
Broadside= 2 XL, 4 large
Artillery= 4 XL
Missile= 10 missile emplacements, 2 large
Carrier= 4 hangars, 4 PD, 2 large
Aft section:
Broadside= 3 large