HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ugh. The Poland stuff looks really good. I can see the amount of research and detail and care that went into it.

And I still could not be less excited about it.

I know Poland is in there because it’s the eastern front, and goes perfectly with Barbarossa. Still can’t help wishing all this effort was directed at a more impactful major or mid-major or AI improvement.....
We had literally two dev diaries so far, easy, mate. Just wait and see, there's surely much more than that in store for us. There are like at least 20 more to come.

All impactful majors were already reworked except for Italy. Soviet Union is coming with this yet unannounced DLC.

• 6Like
Reactions:
I think that some pausible alternative paths the possibility of an agreement or alliance with the Third Reich, we remember there were some attempts of this alliance against the common enemy of both that were in Soviet Russia and even the Poles wanted a part of the territory txecoslovaco while the rest stayed the Germans

I think that some pausible alternative paths the possibility of an agreement or alliance with the Third Reich, we remember there were some attempts of this alliance against the common enemy of both that were in Soviet Russia and even the Poles wanted a part of the territory txecoslovaco while the rest stayed the Germans
Wouldn't the germans just sooner or later do what they did with Hungary during WW2? And you know do certain unfriendly things with the polish population.

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Looks like it. Wondering who'll they have as becoming King of Poland.

We had our, polonised branch of Habsburgs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archduke_Karl_Albrecht_of_Austria

I never heared that Polish government wanted to put Saxon prince on the throne, I think this wikipedia page may be wrong.

Case of monarchy was mostly dead after I world war but during works on April Constitution there were some voices in favor of monarchical form of government for example from Walery Sławek.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I never heared that Polish government wanted to put Saxon prince on the throne, I think this wikipedia page may be wrong.
Same, but I'm looking for the thing that they cited as the source for it to double check.

This is kind of a myth. The world did not know how bad the Nazis were in 39, not even close. Sure, they were racist and had anti-semitist laws, but that was hardly unique. In fact, the break between Japan and the WW1 allies happened because USA, UK and others voted down the Leage of Nations proposition from Japan to condemn and remove legal racism. So the fact that the Nazis was racist and had diffrent laws depending on race doesn't really differentiate them from anyone else. It was first when US troops reached German soil that the subject not to be discussed was made clear. Note that this is not the place to discuss anything that could give kids nightmares as the forum does not have an age limit and is about a game, not politics or ancient blame.
I'm sorry but this simply isn't true. There's a lot of stuff that I can't go into because of the forum rules, so I'll stick to the very early years of their regime, and before the start of the game to avoid talking about as many banned topics as I can. By then they had sterilised nearly 400,000 disabled people starting and put as many people from other groups in camps. They also publicly assassinated 1000 people and arrested hundreds of 1000s of political opponents in 1934. 1935 was the year of the Nuremberg Laws. Everybody was certainly aware by 1936 that the Nazis were uniquely awful. Sure, that wasn't the reason behind the war, but it's just simply untrue and insulting to say that the Nazis were no worse, or appeared no worse, than other countries in 1939.

Also, if you're talking about the Racial Equality Proposals, you've fundamentally misunderstood them. Firstly, it was about cementing the racial superiority of Japan over the rest of Asia and as equal to European powers through a clause in the Treaty of Versailles, not about condemning and removing legal racism. Secondly, the UK did not oppose it - the US and Australia did. The British delegation expressed support for it, but could not formally vote for it without the approval of all of the Dominions.

More on topic - I wouldn't be surprised if there were several options for the Polish monarchy - perhaps a German candidate, an Habsburg one and a Polish aristocrat?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
That asking of foreign aristocracy to become a Polish King is fiction. English Wikipedia citates here a book "Le Petit Gotha" which seems to have no Polish nor English translation. Interwar Poland had 30 governments. They struggled to maintain power, do you believe anyone of them would search for a king? Especially after coup d'etat in 1926, after which each Polish government was controlled by Piłsudski and his colonels?

If there was any request, it had be coming from Polish monarchists, but they were not influencial. They could from magazines „Pro Patria”, „Głos Monarchisty”, „Pro fide, rege et lege”or organizations "Organizacja Monarchistyczna", "Obóz Monarchistów Polskich", "Stronnictwo Zachowawcze" i "Stronnictwo Narodowych Monarchistów".

Even modern USA has monarchists!

That asking of foreign aristocracy to become a Polish King is fiction. English Wikipedia citates here a book "Le Petit Gotha" which seems to have no Polish nor English translation. Interwar Poland had 30 governments. They struggled to maintain power, do you believe anyone of them would search for a king? Especially after coup d'etat in 1926, after which each Polish government was controlled by Piłsudski and his colonels?

If there was any request, it had be coming from Polish monarchists, but they were not influencial. They could from magazines „Pro Patria”, „Głos Monarchisty”, „Pro fide, rege et lege”or organizations "Organizacja Monarchistyczna", "Obóz Monarchistów Polskich", "Stronnictwo Zachowawcze" i "Stronnictwo Narodowych Monarchistów".

Even modern USA has monarchists!
I mean to be fair everything in this part of the focus tree is going to be fiction. Is this really any more unlikely than Japan turning Communist?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I mean to be fair everything in this part of the focus tree is going to be fiction. Is this really any more unlikely than Japan turning Communist?
I don't know which part do you mean. You can check in my signature, that political part of already proposed rework tree is surprisingly accurate! Just note "The Castle" is not about monarchy, but the palace where president was sitting. The new tree which is going to be proposed today will be about alt history :)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well, Poland had a regency council and was officialy a Kingdom without a King only 2 decades earlier, so it's definetly not as far fetched as other things, eventhough nobody was seriously bothering with it at the moment. Also the church and Catholic circles, with it's Primate Cardinal Hlond and the member of the former Regency Council Cardinal Kakowski was, while not vocally or actively any more as there were currently more pressing matters, certainly not only sympathetic to the cause of a monarchy and a Catholic King for a Catholic Country, but would have certainly used it's weight to try to promote it's cause if the time and circumstances were right.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't which part do you mean. You can check in my signature, that political part of already proposed rework tree is surprisingly accurate! Just note "The Castle" is not about monarchy, but the palace where president was sitting. The new tree which is going to be proposed today will be about alt history :)
Ah sorry I thought we were talking about the alt history Polish monarchist teaser that Podcat posted yesterday. Agree with all of the links in your sig though, I asked about the first two in the last dev diary but unfortunately no reply :(

English Wikipedia citates here a book "Le Petit Gotha" which seems to have no Polish nor English translation

Did some digging on that source. Its an entirely French Book, the National Library of France has four copies and then there is a lone copy in Salt Lake City (TY Mormons).

Reactions:
27.04.21 METAL BOXES
Screenshot_20210427-162534_Chrome.jpg

• 9Love
  • 4Like
Reactions: