HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The thing with Danizg or in Polish - Gdańsk - is that it was demilitarized zone by League of Nations. Poland illegally millitarized some places like Westerplatte and hide guns and other things there. So Germans don't know about it and when they attacked Poland they lost lots of people there while Polish soldiers was fighting there for a long time. Thats a short story, but German soldiers was happly invited by local people in Danzig because there was lot of people with from germany, even goverment was pro-german. Can't wait to see this focus tree!
If there's something I really can't comprehend is the Germany fetishism in this game.
Westerplatte was fortified and defended since the Soviet invasion of Poland, it wasn't a pesky ploy by the Polish to make the German population mad, rather it was the result of shipments to Poland being stopped due to strikes during the Soviet-Polish war. Polish people were also discriminated in Danzig, despite Danzig not being German territory, and the first war crimes were committed in Danzig. Think about that while you paint the soldiers having fun with some Danzig citizens.
I'm not sure what the point of your comment was, was it to provide context to the choice of the devs? Because it seems to me like German fetishism bordering into apology of war crimes.

Reactions:
If there's something I really can't comprehend is the Germany fetishism in this game.
Westerplatte was fortified and defended since the Soviet invasion of Poland, it wasn't a pesky ploy by the Polish to make the German population mad, rather it was the result of shipments to Poland being stopped due to strikes during the Soviet-Polish war. (...)
You seriously read something into his post that wasn't there, at least as far as I can see. The only flaw in his post that I can see was that Poland had one munitions depot located in the Westerplatte that was agreed upon by Leage of Nations, but there were additional defences apart from that.

Your post is also heading into a subject against the rules of this forum, so I suggest you drop that.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
You seriously read something into his post that wasn't there, at least as far as I can see. The only flaw in his post that I can see was that Poland had one munitions depot located in the Westerplatte that was agreed upon by Leage of Nations, but there were additional defences apart from that.

Your post is also heading into a subject against the rules of this forum, so I suggest you drop that.
The dude literally painted German soldiers as liberators, if someone's heading in the wrong direction, it's not me.

Reactions:
The dude literally painted German soldiers as liberators, if someone's heading in the wrong direction, it's not me.
All he said was that the people welcomed them as liberators. You should know that by 1923 census so was 95% of the population of the Free City of Danzig German while less then 4% was Polish. That had gone up by WW2, but German population was still the large majority. It would be revisionist to try and claim that the majority of Danzig did not support Germany.

• 7Like
Reactions:
All he said was that the people welcomed them as liberators. You should know that by 1923 census so was 95% of the population of the Free City of Danzig German while less then 4% was Polish. That had gone up by WW2, but German population was still the large majority. It would be revisionist to try and claim that the majority of Danzig did not support Germany.
This is correct as far as it goes, but by no means all Germans would support the Nazis, whether they were in Danzig or elsewhere. By 1939 it was pretty clear what they were.

• 1Like
Reactions:
(...) By 1939 it was pretty clear what they were.
This is kind of a myth. The world did not know how bad the Nazis were in 39, not even close. Sure, they were racist and had anti-semitist laws, but that was hardly unique. In fact, the break between Japan and the WW1 allies happened because USA, UK and others voted down the Leage of Nations proposition from Japan to condemn and remove legal racism. So the fact that the Nazis was racist and had diffrent laws depending on race doesn't really differentiate them from anyone else. It was first when US troops reached German soil that the subject not to be discussed was made clear. Note that this is not the place to discuss anything that could give kids nightmares as the forum does not have an age limit and is about a game, not politics or ancient blame.

• 9Like
Reactions:
This is kind of a myth. The world did not know how bad the Nazis were in 39, not even close. Sure, they were racist and had anti-semitist laws, but that was hardly unique. In fact, the break between Japan and the WW1 allies happened because USA, UK and others voted down the Leage of Nations proposition from Japan to condemn and remove legal racism. So the fact that the Nazis was racist and had diffrent laws depending on race doesn't really differentiate them from anyone else. It was first when US troops reached German soil that the subject not to be discussed was made clear. Note that this is not the place to discuss anything that could give kids nightmares as the forum does not have an age limit and is about a game, not politics or ancient blame.
I wasn't talking about "the world" - I said it was "pretty clear". Some folks got it, others were still in denial, others were supporters. In other news, the same was true of the British Empire and many other governments of the time. And it wasn't all to do with the unmentionable topic; the idea that they believed in a "master race" who should rule was the initial clincher. The rest was just gravy, as our cultural overlords would say ;)

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm going to ask politely to drop this topic in this thread. There are other threads and/or forums to continue this discussion in. I think we can let this one go without involving moderators, right?

• 9Like
Reactions:
To get back to the original topic, still no news from Dan on Twitter? :)

Just checking his wikipage, you find this:

"In 1933, remembering the prolonged link between the Electorate of Saxony and their country, the Polish Government wanted to propose him to become the new King of Poland, but the rise of Adolf Hitler and the upcoming of World War II prevented this from happening."
I think you may be on to something...

• 8Like
Reactions:
Ugh. The Poland stuff looks really good. I can see the amount of research and detail and care that went into it.

And I still could not be less excited about it.

I know Poland is in there because it’s the eastern front, and goes perfectly with Barbarossa. Still can’t help wishing all this effort was directed at a more impactful major or mid-major or AI improvement.....

• 2Like
Reactions: