• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it possible to create a policy/species right that limits what species can grow on certain planet types? For instance, limiting Habitats to Void Dwellers or Citizens?

I hope this doesn't come off as too odious a request. I've got a species mod that worked at one point in the game's history, but isn't any longer. I've checked and checked and checked again to try to figure out what the problem could possibly be, but I simply cannot figure it out. The game simply refuses to admit that the species even exists when the mod is active. Could someone just give it a quick peek and see if there's anything they notice? I would really appreciate it. Mod folder is attached below.

Attachments

• touhoumonspeciesmod.rar
    21,1 MB · Views: 0
hi i'd really like to have a mod that allows immigration treaties with rogue servitors, driven assimilators, and hive minds. i have no problem with people voluntarily going into these societies and i'd like to roleplay being able to have them in a federation with egalitarian xenophile materialists in multiplayer with my friends lol

Hey everyone,

I hope that the devs are checking this thread to add more modding features to the game, as one of the biggest issues I have to deal with is the lack of possibility to change a country's name list through an event. I was hoping to learn something by checking how they changed the galactic defense force's fleet names to the imperial armadas with the new DLC but it seems that all of it is hardcoded (from what I gathered).

I wondered if it was possible to bring this up to the devs as it seems to me that it could possibly be simple to implement. What do you guys think?

Reactions:
Other than being able to create a new fleet and affect a new ship to it? Or do you mean sorting a single ship out of an existing, non single-ship fleet, and affect it to a new fleet?

The latter. Moving an existing ship into a newly-created fleet.

you can do all that

I don't see any such functionality on the wiki or in the game files.

The latter. Moving an existing ship into a newly-created fleet.

I don't see any such functionality on the wiki or in the game files.
yeah, user guide is patchy.

just click on the specific ship, or ship type, in the fleet's popup window on the galaxy map (not fleet manager). If you click the ship type, it will popup a new fleet window and you will notice it's only that ship type, which is now its own fleet. If you click on a SPECIFIC SHIP instead of a ship type, it pops up a menu to move it to a new fleet, and the new popup has options for taking other ships with it. And last but not least, all ships and ship type icons are drag and droppable from the fleet's pop up directly. into other fleets (which will popup that menu to decide to send more if you want) or to the galaxy map if you want to create a new fleet I think (this I'll have to fiddle with to be sure).

yeah, user guide is patchy.

just click on the specific ship, or ship type, in the fleet's popup window on the galaxy map (not fleet manager). If you click the ship type, it will popup a new fleet window and you will notice it's only that ship type, which is now its own fleet. If you click on a SPECIFIC SHIP instead of a ship type, it pops up a menu to move it to a new fleet, and the new popup has options for taking other ships with it. And last but not least, all ships and ship type icons are drag and droppable from the fleet's pop up directly. into other fleets (which will popup that menu to decide to send more if you want) or to the galaxy map if you want to create a new fleet I think (this I'll have to fiddle with to be sure).

I meant via a modded event, but thanks.

It would be amazing to have a mod that forces the borders to be draw without depending on the galaxy dust. Would make wonders performance-wise for a lot of people with integrated graphics, and since it's probably a shader thing, it wouldn't change the checksum. But i don't know anything about programming or modding so i really don't know

Does anyone know which file controls the "background" stars? I'd like to black it out but I can't seem to make it work.

You mean the skyboxes? IIRC there are several extant mods that change those.
Not the ones on the system view. The background on the galactic map. I'm trying to black all of that out to make unexplored systems easier to see for colorblind people. The underlay makes it harder to see, especially with the new "fog of war".

Edit: Found it. gfx/worldgfx/stars.dds if anyone ever needs it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I see "merge_fleet_order", but what I want is to move a ship out of a fleet. I don't see an order for that.
I don't have the game at hand to compare with existing event scripts. Did you try a loop to select a ship of a given class in the fleet, then save it as an event target, and try to create a new fleet and affect this saved ship to it?