Europa Universalis IV - 6 April 2021 - War Canoes & Unit Renders

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
? They've been dlc for ages. Content packs like rule brittania and third Rome always came with them, and some expansions came with them base
I think they mean tied into the DLC. ofc, Emperor did the content separate and they still justified $20 for it base so I'm not convinced excluding it would really make a difference here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
eww, unit models and music packs included in the DLC price? It's like having to pay extra for bags for your shopping but not even being given the option of not getting a bag (I never get a bag since I always have one with me).

The unit models I at least affect the game experience to some degree so I'm not too annoyed about those, the music however is completely useless. If I play the game while listening to music it's my own music, never the game's music. Why do I have to pay for something that I'll literally never use when that thing used to be an optional extra that I could easily ignore and not waste money on?

Reactions:
I hope that in the upcoming DDs, we will have more customed artworks for Philippines city-states as well as revised artworks for Indochina nations including Dai Viet, Lan Xang and Khmer. In anyway, thanks for your flavorful work.

p/s: seriously, as a Vietnamese myself, Dai Viet in-game units for tier 3&4 look ridiculous to me.

View attachment 701331View attachment 701332View attachment 701333
(historical reference: models of Dai Viet soldiers in 18th century: foot soldiers, guards, officers, cavalries and war elephant (16th c.)- source: https://www.facebook.com/warm21)
Dang boi how did you get all that!! currently, I am into collecting SEA nations military arts.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Nice. btw while you are working on unit models since 2013, have u fixed austrian models? They would glitch on retreat animation, I guess.
Hello, I want to look into this but I need more information. Which Austrian models are glitching on retreat, and what exactly is the glitch? It's not something I can seem to reproduce on my computer.

• 1Like
Reactions:
https://i.redd.it/fvvwm2en98e01.png like this.

The screenshot does not belong to me but DLC Austrian units were like this on retreat. I didn't enable unit pack dlcs for long time so idk if it is fixed.

Just google eu4 Austrian model glitch you will see a lot

• 1Like
Reactions:
My name is David Horler
Hi, David.

War Canoes
chris-pratt.jpg

Say no more! I'm in!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not the perfect solution, but I imagine some of these units can be reused for nations like Khmer or in the Philippines.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not the perfect solution, but I imagine some of these units can be reused for nations like Khmer or in the Philippines.
I'd be happy to spread the units around a bit in a future patch if you have any suggestions. Which should be used for Khmer and which should be used in the Philippines?

Reactions:
I'd be happy to spread the units around a bit in a future patch if you have any suggestions. Which should be used for Khmer and which should be used in the Philippines?s

Philippines

Countries that could use the Malacca units look:
- Sulu
- Maguindanao
- Lanao
Countries that could use the Brunei units look:
- Maynila
Countries that could use the Pagarruyung units look:
- Butuan
- Cebu
- Madyas
Countries that could use the Champa units look:
- Tondo
- Pangasinan

South China

Countries that could use the Luang Prabang units look:
- Dali
- Yi
- Miao
- Changsheng

Is there a chance that the Mongolian appearance of the units will be given to the countries listed below?
- Ilkhanate
- Chahar

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
When you buy Leviathan, you get the content packs too. Included in the Leviathan content packs are
  • the units shown in the dev diary (roughly equivalent to 2 regular unit packs)
  • the war canoe unit model
  • 2 music packs (North America and South East Asia).

Is it intentional in Leviathan that countries the Maori countries in New Zealand have canoe models representing both their barque and cog units? In fact I was a little surprised that they have barques and cogs in 1444...