• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

excosy

Sergeant
12 Badges
Mar 11, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Is there anyway to change costs of technologies or special projects?

And can last_increased_tech be used as variable not only in trigger? Even it only supports trigger, why does it not support switch trigger?

And why cannot use icons with different file name from technologies names? I write icon = GFX_xxx in technology section but it does no effect.

Does ship sections are standalone from each other? I mean is there anyway make a stern is only available when a particular bow section selected?

Technology costs use scripted variables that can be found in common\scripted_variables.

Tech Icons must link directly to the dds, they do not use the GFX_ system. You can look at other techs to see how they do it, for example the engineering technology tech_basic_industry.

I don't think so, but not entirely sure on that one.

Technology costs use scripted variables that can be found in common\scripted_variables.

Tech Icons must link directly to the dds, they do not use the GFX_ system. You can look at other techs to see how they do it, for example the engineering technology tech_basic_industry.

I don't think so, but not entirely sure on that one.

I wonder that wether there is a way to change tech cost even it is in scripted_variables. Are variables in scripted_variables constant variables, not able to change in game?

Is directly dds mean that I must copy a pic 100 times when I have 100 techs using the same pic?

(Oops, forgot to answer last time - sorry!)

I think he might have meant whether scripted_variables can change during the game?
If so, then afaik the answer is no - scripted "variables" cannot be changed once loaded.

@ dds:

No, you don't need to have 100 copies of the pic, but you must manually define the image via the "icon =" command.

For example, if you want to use a custom icon called my_new_tech_1.dds, you first have to copy the texture to:
gfx\interface\icons\technologies

And then all technologies that are supposed to use the icon muss have this line:
icon = my_new_tech_1

Well, unless the tech happens to be called my_new_tech_1, then it will automatically look for a dds with the same name.

GFX_ on the other hand are sprites that you need to define first - but I think they don't work with technologies anyway.
You can have a look at the contents of Stellaris\interface\icons.gfx for an example, but it's not required in this case.

• 3Like
Reactions:
(Oops, forgot to answer last time - sorry!)

I think he might have meant whether scripted_variables can change during the game?
If so, then afaik the answer is no - scripted "variables" cannot be changed once loaded.

@ dds:

No, you don't need to have 100 copies of the pic, but you must manually define the image via the "icon =" command.

For example, if you want to use a custom icon called my_new_tech_1.dds, you first have to copy the texture to:
gfx\interface\icons\technologies

And then all technologies that are supposed to use the icon muss have this line:
icon = my_new_tech_1

Well, unless the tech happens to be called my_new_tech_1, then it will automatically look for a dds with the same name.

GFX_ on the other hand are sprites that you need to define first - but I think they don't work with technologies anyway.
You can have a look at the contents of Stellaris\interface\icons.gfx for an example, but it's not required in this case.
OK. I get it. Thanks for your patient.