• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pioniere

Field Marshal
17 Badges
May 29, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Arsenal of Democracy
A question about forts, if you have chosen “yes” does that mean all the provinces would build forts or only the specific mention in the fort province?

For Wales(U76)

land_fort = yes

max_land_level = 5

fort_borders = { U73 ENG GER ITA USA }

fort_provs = { 15 }

Only the provinces specified, and any borders of the nations mentioned.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That’s what I thought as well, but why do Scotland then build forts all over Scotland and not just in the targeted province.

scotland.forts.png
Forts in Scotland has some benefits it would hold of the invaders for some time unless the invader are from a full-scale USA invasion. But allover Scotalnd can a bit excessive.

What's the complete AI script for the Scotland puppet?

###################################
# Construction and Tech Research
###################################
#Default values
construction = {
max_factor = 0.300

AA_batteries = atwar
max_AA_level = 2
AA_provs = { 10 }

coastal_fort = no
max_coastal_level = 2
coastal_fort_provs = { }

radar_station = no
max_radar = 5
radar_provs = { }

air_base = no
max_air_base = 2
air_base_provs = { }

naval_base = yes
max_naval_base = 4
naval_base_provs = { 10 }

land_fort = yes
max_land_level = 2
fort_borders = { SCO U73 ENG GER SOV }
fort_provs = { 10 }

ic_at_war = yes
force_ic_until = 1947
ic_end_year = 1958
IC_provs = {
5 # Scape Flow
}
Infra_provs = {
5 # Scape Flow
}
}

military = {
relative_build_scheme = yes
max_batch_peace = 360
max_batch_war = 360
max_batch_home_front = 360
extra_convoys_war = 0.0500
extra_convoys_peace = 0.0500

#### Divisions etc...
infantry = 70
cavalry = 0
motorized = 0
mechanized = 0
light_armor = 0
armor = 0
paratrooper = 0
marine = 0
bergsjaeger = 40
garrison = 0
hq = 0
militia = 0
# 100 %

Complete script in the zipfolder.

Attachments

• sco_1936.zip
    4,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What is the tag for Scotland? If it's "SCO" then that might be the problem (if it's not the unit production causing the issue).

What is the tag for Scotland? If it's "SCO" then that might be the problem (if it's not the unit production causing the issue).
It is SCO. Given the file it will build forts in any provinces that borders to a province o f SCO. Never one should fort borders with oneself.

Reactions:
It is SCO. Given the file it will build forts in any provinces that borders to a province o f SCO. Never one should fort borders with oneself.

fort_borders = { U73 ENG GER SOV } This would be the correct writing then?

Reactions:
While on the topic of forts, just curious if you guys build them often? Are they worth it? Are they considered gamey? German 36' campaign, ive built a few for Memel and Suwalki with the intention of holding the northern border with minimal troops and making a huge sweep in Summer of 40'.

While on the topic of forts, just curious if you guys build them often? Are they worth it? Are they considered gamey? German 36' campaign, ive built a few for Memel and Suwalki with the intention of holding the northern border with minimal troops and making a huge sweep in Summer of 40'.
Never on Sigfried line, as 9, 6 & 6 stacked Inf units (one of each with an Eng brigade) on Frieburg, Stuttgart & The Saar, seems to frighten off the French.

After a successful Barbarossa, as soon as I can afford, I start 5 x 5 lines of forts. They go in the "Ost Wall" in Guriev, Uralsk, Izhevsk, and double in Chkalov -- the 4 provinces that face multiple Red Army provincal theats. When I launch my "Final Solution" for the USSR (from Persia, Afganistan & Manchukuo of course), they still get attacked, but usually not too successfully. I do this since The Heer is usually trotting around N. America, and other Axis units must hold the line, at least for 18-24 months.

I don't exceed any sea fort over 2-3 level. An attacking amphibious landing is already at a disadvantage and if the province is so important that I'm building a sea fort, it must be important enough to have at least 2 divisions (usually with 2 Gar, 1 w/eng and 1 with arty). I do this with USA on Wake and Guam so when Japan declares war, I have somewhat of a defensive wall for my navy.

I use land forts as a combat engineer would use obstacles, to either block or channelize they enemy (or perceived future enemy) advance. Tie them into natural terrain (other side of rivers, on hills and mountains. Turkey can use them effectively against USSR in the Caucasus mountains to hold Baku (if Germany is winning or at least holding against the USSR). It's only 4 provinces. I also use them on my airfield provinces, Clujnapoca (which you have to build) & Stanislawow, and the Transylvanian mountains when playing Austria-Hungary.