Stellaris 3.0 "Dick" Update Free Features

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the words of little Charles, immortalized in Richard Feynman's book "What do you care what other people think":
"I want Dick! I want Dick!"

EDIT: Not sure if it was in the book I mentioned, or in "Quantum man" by Kraus(or maybe both).

Reactions:
I only recently got into the game, just over halfway through my first play through, will my current save be updated when 3.0 comes out? Or should I try to prevent the game updating until I finish?
100% it is not save compatibile . so you start a new game , or you do not update to the new version till end.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I only recently got into the game, just over halfway through my first play through, will my current save be updated when 3.0 comes out? Or should I try to prevent the game updating until I finish?
Savegame compatibility is tenous after most patches, but this one has so many changes it will require a new start under guarantee.

Thanks! Guess I’ll go stop Steam updating til I finish this playthrough.
You can not stop steam from Updating, short of disconnecting it permanently from the Internet.

However most Paradox games provide earlier versions of themself via Steam Beta System. This realy helps with finishing older savegames.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Kenshi
@ImperatorG

Do you guys even know if I'm being sarcastic ? Or if I'm not being sarcastic . . .
Sarkasm requires communication subchannels that usually do not transmit via a purley textbased medium - like a Forum

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Kenshi
@ImperatorG

Do you guys even know if I'm being sarcastic ? Or if I'm not being sarcastic . . .

sry friend, it was not my intention to offend you with that "respectfull disagreement"and I am taking it back. It was a two second decission and I didn't see the joke or sarcasm in this very moment, hence why I found the comment kinda stupid. Like the founder said, it is really hard to tell by just seeing the text. An Emoji could help;)

Wondering what free features are coming on April 15th in the Stellaris 3.0 Update?
i try the game.
Little event icons should change color before blinking. their should be the event historic (better than two times click to these icons to disappear)
New research should display only the guy who needs (rather than the three)
Icons of (group of) ships should be displayed, boring to looking for them on the map. Clicking several tims on the group icon should display ship after ship (eventually a right click should zoom out, change color display...)
Building stellar base should occur from the galaxy map (not with a supplementary zoom on the star system, except when there are several building possibilities)
Working ships, ships at rest or moving ships should be displayed by an icon or a color change of ship (red/green?)
Objects (ships, planet, star) in a star system look the same, too much time to identify
No commercial routes manager? or do a tuto about that
The diplomatic gestion (how the empire credits are managed) is not clear (see next note)
Is there a relation between the production of the districts and the supply needed by a planet? I see no impact on the planet deficit
Sometimes building is not possible without explanation (I don't remember if i have understood why each time)
Why rotating the map is cancelled when the finger leaves the keyborard?
Please uncheck the auto mode in the ship editor in new model, it is hidden when we want to save but we can't (grey)
The war ships flotte gestion is shit, change it
The board journal should include more 'challenges' to understand numbers at the top right (or more tips, text bubbles)
Please validate automatically the recruted guy in ship. Is the bonus given by this guy related to the whole map?
A zoom (with mouse roll or double click) on a star system should enter it (and even exit)
Is it possible to activate an auto building mode by the building ships, in the same way of the auto scanning mode by the scientific ship? idem for the anomalies (sci ship in a star system should automatically go to them). Give the choice at least
No keyboard or shortcuts gestion, language...

ok the game is hard, but boring

i try the game.
Why do you reply?
The post you quote was from the 6th of April, 9 days before release.
~2 days before release of the Patchnotes.
Now is the 19th of April. 4 days after release. ~11 days after patchnotes.

So the original question has long since been answered.