WW CCXLVII - DOOM OF THE WEREYAK 8: HASTINAPUR, 722 BC

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I interpreted this as your side calling it off.
You would have done better to interpret it as Sleepy being paranoid. You won, though, so all's well that ends well.

This game has been a fascinating exploration of international relations theory, and I thank Sleepy and Wagon for performing their parts so admirably.

• 2Like
Reactions:
on that point specifically. I don't know what is the "right" answer to this but I did too many LARPs in my life to avoid dying with an information that could be useful to my groupe. So I usually share it as soon as possible, in case I die. Granted, as a cultist, I could go with either pack but it made more sense for me to share this with Chieron rather than lying to him. I did not share with Arkasas because Chieron told me about the possibility of a changeling/trickster. I was considering telling it maybe later but then, there was another contact between the packs with another cultist, + the sorceror. Then I was lynched.
You should make sure you don't die with such knowledge. But sharing it with your pack isn't the right way to play a cultist. You should reach out to the wolf instead. Having wolves hunt each other early is bad for cultists, and wolves in general won't have any problems throwing you under the bus as a cultist. I'm one of the few who generally won't do that, but most wolves will sell you out if it's advantageous, since you can change side anyway.

Also, had you got in touch with Arky, or at the very least Wombat after you knew about him, then you'd not have been lynched. Wombat was quite annoyed in the PM about not having been told about you, as otherwise he'd not have sealed your fate.

It means lying to Chieron. I avoid doing that (I'm no good at it and the backlash can be hard)
Nobody would give you any backlash. It'd be fully understandable, and it's even what's expected.
This is a game of lying. You will be telling lies.

I interpreted this as your side calling it off.
We hadn't told Sleepy anythigna bout it being off. I have no idea what he's referring to there.
My reaction to how it was called off should have been enough proof of that. :p
I was shocked to see two mates hunted. As mentioned then I initally thought you'd managed to get two hunts, due to how Yakman had written it.

And as Sleepy previously stated, hunting unknown wolves would've never been part of the truce.
Randomly hunting unknowns.
But you youtself stated that you were actively looking for Panzer. That was against the truce as it was laid out.
The truce was about focusing on the major goodies first, and then deciding it between the packs.

Hence why I got quite cross when you then decided to backstab. There's a huge difference between randomly hitting an unknown and actively going for an unknown.
And especially Sleepy telling us that you wanted to hunt Deo (which I'd forgot. Otherwise yo'd have been my lynch target yesterday) and then decided to hunt Panzer instead. That really felt backstabby.

I steered him away from the contact by telling about the changeling (given that arkasas likely would also be a scan magnet, that was not that unlikely)
What do you mean? You're told who you scannd, so I don't see how the changeling would mean that Arky would't be wolf.

Also, had you got in touch with Arky, or at the very least Wombat after you knew about him, then you'd not have been lynched. Wombat was quite annoyed in the PM about not having been told about you, as otherwise he'd not have sealed your fate.
I did not know anything about Wombat so could not really contact him out of the blue.
Nobody would give you any backlash. It'd be fully understandable, and it's even what's expected.
I was not talking about my personal fate but about the outcome of the game: keeping information before you can share it may make your side lose the game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What do you mean? You're told who you scannd, so I don't see how the changeling would mean that Arky would't be wolf.
I understood that the trickster could change my scan. Low probability but it can happen.
Camp Trickster (Changeling): Good. Will send in an order every night consisting of two names-a target and a patsy. If ANY EFFECT takes place on the target, it will be re-directed to the patsy. Changelings cannot target themselves, and cannot use the same target twice in a game.

I understood that the trickster could change my scan. Low probability but it can happen.
I’m not sure if it’s the same for you, but Yakman told us we scanned the person the trickster changed our scan to.

But you youtself stated that you were actively looking for Panzer. That was against the truce as it was laid out.
The truce was about focusing on the major goodies first, and then deciding it between the packs.
To be honest, I did not know the exact wording of the truce. I interpreted it as "do not hunt the known baddies, try for the major goodies". That total hunt coordination was not going to happen. We had to even the odds somehow.

Dedonus actually was the hunt target set by Sleepy, but when Panzer became too obvious I switched (not unilaterally, though). Panzer was also a priest option for us, just not communicated to you by Sleepy.
I'm sorry for this, yet felt a bit forced to do it, cornered and all.

At that moment, nobody knew, how the scan would be worded. Consider that I myself have never been a scanner apart from promoted sorcerer's apprentice years ago. It could've been a scan result that looks like Arkasas was scanned, but the listed role and traits would've been someone else's. Also remember that I did not have any interest in Graymarch contacting Arkasas after we had the other contact, but I could not have stopped him opening channels anyway and I told him as well.. The lynch on Graymarch could've been avoided, but was ultimately unexpected.

I confirm. I just received from Yakman
@Arkasas is ... A WEREYAK OF THE HOOVES OF MADNESS!!!

However, as mentioned yesterday, before that Yakman asked me if I wanted to scan Chieron (which contact I had from the start)
you could always scan him to be sure.
To me, the information one gets at the start of the game cannot be wrong (can it?) so I did not see the point of using one scan (for a total of 2) to confirm something that I know (and also something that could be "trickstered")

Normally I would, but you literally stabbed me in the back and then taunted me about it.
And with Chieron confirming that you did go for our last mate's neck, rather than the Panzer hunt being random, then it's clear now that you did stab us in the back.
Wrong.
The unknowns were as I said fair game, if you thought otherwise that's entirely on you. The arrangement was not to out, brutal or hunt the known pack members. I held true to the arrangement until I informed you otherwise.

Werewolf Lite CDXLI: Communism

Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg

It's 1958 and there's turmoil in the politbüro of the Belorussian SSR. There's rumours of Stalinist forces remaining strong and you've started suspecting each other. The KGB has arrived to haul off any possible Stalinists. It's now your task to weed them out.