Please explain to me How big my Levies actuelly are and How i Can calculate it

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JonathanViking

Captain
25 Badges
Feb 6, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
2B8113ED-1B89-43C6-8EED-EB5CB91CAF17.jpeg
Alright so Thats my Manpower i really cant for the life of me understand How mutch Levies that is and How mutch in total i Can have is there a way To calculate How many Levies i got ?

Thanks How do i calculate that to a number ?
Manpower and Levies are separate things.

The number shown in the Levies tab of the Military screen shows the number of cohorts that each Governorship provides when its levy is raised (you can raise it somewhere other than the capital if you use the levies map view (the button left of the "i" at the top of that tab - just be careful as clicking on any province you own in that view will raise that whole Governorship's levy in that province). Each cohort is 500 men, so in the screenshot you posted, for example, you would raise 3k Heavy Infantry, 2k Light Horse, 7k Light Infantry and 1k Supply Trains from Italia.

Manpower is used to replenish levies (or legions) which have lost troops, and to create new legion cohorts (and a few other things besides, once you unlock things like forts through the Castrum tradition, for example). Having levies raised will also reduce the pool of available manpower.

Hope that helps! :)

Reactions:

The number shown in the Levies tab of the Military screen shows the number of cohorts that each Governorship provides when its levy is raised (you can raise it somewhere other than the capital if you use the levies map view (the button left of the "i" at the top of that tab - just be careful as clicking on any province you own in that view will raise that whole Governorship's levy in that province). Each cohort is 500 men, so in the screenshot you posted, for example, you would raise 3k Heavy Infantry, 2k Light Horse, 7k Light Infantry and 1k Supply Trains from Italia.

Manpower is used to replenish levies (or legions) which have lost troops, and to create new legion cohorts (and a few other things besides, once you unlock things like forts through the Castrum tradition, for example). Having levies raised will also reduce the pool of available manpower.

Thank you helps alot

• 1Like
Reactions:

image.jpg

When you send a spy How Can i understand their current army size

View attachment 701876
When you send a spy How Can i understand their current army size
You can't really calculate this from the manpower as that depends on how many pops of the primary culture they have that are not slaves, plus how many cultures they have integrated that will add up to their total levy size. Then you have the standing army of which they may have one plus all the mercenaries, of course. They do have a sizable war chest, so it's likely they will buy a few stacks of mercenaries.

What that manpower tells you is basically how long they will manage to replenish their armies once they start taking losses, no matter what size their army is, and with 20k they will surely manage to replenish for a while before they run of of manpower, one can say.

Reactions:
@JonathanViking could you explain why are you taking pictures of your screen instead of making screen captures(1)? Are you watching a stream or another player game?

(1) in windows you have the snip & sketch free tool
Its my game i just Took pictures with my phone Since i wanted to go and do some other things.
Using the phone to type in forums is annoying but it works Since Im doing other stuff

Reactions:
You can't really calculate this from the manpower as that depends on how many pops of the primary culture they have that are not slaves, plus how many cultures they have integrated that will add up to their total levy size. Then you have the standing army of which they may have one plus all the mercenaries, of course. They do have a sizable war chest, so it's likely they will buy a few stacks of mercenaries.

What that manpower tells you is basically how long they will manage to replenish their armies once they start taking losses, no matter what size their army is, and with 20k they will surely manage to replenish for a while before they run of of manpower, one can say.
You can check for integrated cultues by going onto a province. You'll see the majority culture and if its integrated or not (the symbol). Then I just compare it to my stats (nmbr of integarted pops.

• 1Like
Reactions: