• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chehabian

Second Lieutenant
59 Badges
Jan 16, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
So... To recap here. I saw some concern over on Reddit, thought I'd bring it to the forums to see how others feel...

We've clearly seen a massive improvement between 1.5 to 2.0.
There's been a marked improvement in terms of the quality (at least in my own gameplay experiences) and the political situation in the early and mid game is at least more interesting than it was in previous iterations of the game. That said - there are still some glaring holes that I think everyone can agree need to be shifted and changed around. There's also the good news that the player base has shot up as well. It seems we're floating around 2000 per day compared to a sub 500 during 1.5.

So that brings me to the main question here which I originally saw concern over on Reddit:

When/what do people think is coming next? Imperator doesn't seem to have any slot at PDX's event coming up this month. Which is concerning given the amount of other titles that seem to be getting some attention. Cause for concern? Or am I being paranoid?

• 2Like
Reactions:
IMHO I:R looks like a niche game experiment with complexity (1) in PDX. (I do not say it is the most complex, but that they have given free hands to push for complexity).

I think we will see more development to I:R as the complexity sandbox for PDX depending on the next game yet to be announced.

There would be more development If the new game is made acessible and popular. However, if the new game is a complex one setting a new challenge for die hard PDX fans, then we may see some stall on development.

(1) complex not complicated. I know there are other games with far more features than I:R or far more difficult to win.

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I'm speculating freely here, but I think some added touches will be made in regards to trade, diplomacy and internal politics.

I just feel that makes sense, as a first steps of improvement after 2.0.

I think they will take some measured steps with major patches as well as som smaller DLCs to flesh out these areas.

Again, I am just guessing here, but I sincerely doubt they will abandon the game unless they're already working hard on I:R 2 (or would that be 3?) :)

• 5Like
Reactions:
I'm firmly in the camp that thinks I:R isn't slotted in the event because they don't have anything significant to show. If the event had been before the 2.0 release, they'd probably have been there, but it wasn't. If the team was slotted right now, it'd be a team that had just finished a herculean effort, spent a week in bugfixing, then had a month or so to work on something after holidays. It would definitely not have been as exciting as what we just got, so instead, they gave the slot to a team that might have more to show. I don't think the no-show on the event is indicative of the health of the game.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm firmly in the camp that thinks I:R isn't slotted in the event because they don't have anything significant to show. If the event had been before the 2.0 release, they'd probably have been there, but it wasn't. If the team was slotted right now, it'd be a team that had just finished a herculean effort, spent a week in bugfixing, then had a month or so to work on something after holidays. It would definitely not have been as exciting as what we just got, so instead, they gave the slot to a team that might have more to show. I don't think the no-show on the event is indicative of the health of the game.

Agreed 100%. Pushing I:R would be kind of dumb if you have nothing to show. I firmly believe they will give us both patches and DLC, but that is some ways away still. At least the DLC part.

At best, we might get some words from the Dev team on the reception of 2.0 or an upcoming patch. We'll see.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It could well be this, but PDXCON is also a marketing event and there is no better platform for Archeon to appear there and promote the beautifulness of 2.0 while having a captive audience that came there to see HOI or CK.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I too think it's too early to conclude anything about development ending - but it would be really nice if @Arheo could stop by t give us confirmation.

Even something along the lines of "Hey, we're working on 2.1, but unfortunately I can't give you any details on what it will contain or when it will drop" would go a long way.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Quick follow up - Do you all think we'll ever see anything more substantial in terms of DLC, or just mainly smaller flavor additions?
From what I understood Imperator has a different DLC policy compared to the other PDX games. All the new major mechanics will be part of the free update, while DLC will mostly contain flavour packs

• 1Like
Reactions:
From what I understood Imperator has a different DLC policy compared to the other PDX games. All the new major mechanics will be part of the free update, while DLC will mostly contain flavour packs
Well, CK3 currently has this model as well, with the latest DLC focusing mainly on some part of the map, maybe this will be their new policy?

Well, CK3 currently has this model as well, with the latest DLC focusing mainly on some part of the map, maybe this will be their new policy?

Yeah, this is a model that PDS has been moving towards since Stellaris. It's an attempt to fix the problems that CK2 and EU4 had with the first generation of the PDS business model. In particular the massive entry barrier that 300+ euro worth of DLC present to new players and the inability to iterate on old features that were locked behind a DLC.

Time will tell it it works, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yet another prove that I:R is setting the trend, our friends in HOI IV now get to build railroads. Ofc this is a copy from our Roman roads. ;)

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Yet another prove that I:R is setting the trend, our friends in HOI IV now get to build railroads. Ofc this is a copy from our Roman roads. ;)

I hope they get Omens next.

"Hmm, I really want to invoke Goebbels for the Political Power; but maybe I should elevate Chamberlain to my Pantheon to remove Unrest in my democratic territories instead?"

• 11Haha
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I guess we'll be seeing improvements to trade first, but I doubt they'll be able to squeeze it out before summer. Late August, or early September perhaps? After that, I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing some change to characters and internal management.