Europa Universalis IV - 6 April 2021 - War Canoes & Unit Renders

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many countries in America have huge indigenous populations. Altrough more religious conversions would make sence.
Yes, cultural conversion isn't genocide, but we should still be able to culture convert and displace natives and you get some new cultures emerge like metis

• 1Love
Reactions:
Finally. Now I can rest.

...no wait, not yet. Does it mean they can build Heavy Ships at DIP 3? Or is the "can't build boats lmao" restriction still present, except for the War Canoe? Is the "Primitive" definition still in the game?

• 5Haha
Reactions:
Those models are beautiful, and I'm glad that 'primitive' nations will finally get boats back. The absence of Khmer units though is a little disappointing
Seems like a good idea would be to allow conversions but provinces that were colonized via explosion should have a modifier either increasing the cost or not give it the modifiers that most new world provinces get for culture conversion.

Are there still more unit renders in the works? Like that of the Philippine city-states, barangays, kingdoms/sultanates, and also those of North American natives. And also I thought Dai Viet would get a reworked unit model or something..

Reactions:
You say it is "included with Leviathan". Does that mean no separate unit pack DLC at additional charge?
But are there not more things in the unit pack? I thought about new adivsors, new building arts, new SEA Ships, or horses? What about SEA or Polynisian / New american music?

But if it is included in leviathan, it means it is not an extra unit pack to buy? that is nice

When you buy Leviathan, you get the content packs too. Included in the Leviathan content packs are
  • the units shown in the dev diary (roughly equivalent to 2 regular unit packs)
  • the war canoe unit model
  • 2 music packs (North America and South East Asia).

The monument system in Leviathan also comes with a tonne of high quality illustrations, which is why this time we don't have any new advisor portraits.

no offensive to Dave, but are war canoes really worth company time?
Absolutely!

• 26Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: