• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VTs

Captain
4 Badges
Dec 13, 2002
  • Crusader Kings II
Thanks for the game and everyone involved should be proud that it is still played 10 years after release. And mods are still being made and updated !

• 10Love
  • 9Like
Reactions:
10 great years for a great game!

Please consider doing a patch were you give us one of the more requested features, or better yet do a gigantic fucking patch, call it a DLC and sell us it for like 30 dollars.
You're the best paradox game still, at the very least you fill a niche where you cannot be replaced.

• 10Like
Reactions:
Before the appearance of Hoi-2, I, like any average Russian, know nothing about WW2 and was sure that it began on June 22, 1941. :D

It was exactly Hoi-2, back in 2005, that pull me into WW2 study.
At first, exactly Hoi-2 taught me the first lessons of WW2 history.
Then, over time, I started myself to teach Hoi-2 to WW2 history. :D

If Hoi-2 wasn't, maybe I still would know nothing about WW2 and would still continue to play duels at "Heroes-5 HRTA" :D

There is no doubt that Darkest Hour platform become the sparkling pinnacle of Hoi-2 mechanics development and no doubt still is the best of Hoi!
Although there are still a lot of great additional mechanics that could be implemented in DH and sold as DLC for $30, as it was already written here.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
No I suppose not. HOI IV has lively debates about alt-history, the most powerful unit in mountains (tanks), and how the new supply system is going to make the game/AI even worse than it already is.

It's a popular game, but as you say, for different reason than why people like DH.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Before the appearance of Hoi-2, I, like any average Russian, know nothing about WW2 and was sure that it began on June 22, 1941.
You are joking, aren't you?

And... happy birthday DH!
Here a virtual but really tasty birthday cake with 10 candles for all the developers and modders!!!

And... happy birthday DH!
Here a virtual but really tasty birthday cake with 10 candles for all the developers and modders!!!
Makes sense. It's probably hard for Russia to explain why WW2 started because Poland was invaded while they were part of the invasion.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Nick3210 you're more than welcome to explain why you disagree.
The topic of the DH 10th anniversary is clearly an inappropriate place for hot historical disputes.
So I won't do it here.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I think this is quite common, for all countries. Everyone knows a lot more about what concerns them than distant countries.
Especially in the era when there was no mass Internet/Wikipedia/You-Tube and instant search for information on any issue, like he have today.

I think in the early 2000s, the average young USA citizen knew no more about Stalingrad and Kursk than the average young Russian citizen knew about Rommel's African Company or the battles for the Guadalcanal - n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

Therefore, it is not surprising that in the mind of a simple layman who is not interested deep in history, the beginning of WW2 is associated with the moment when his country joined WW2. In Russia, it is June 22, 1941.
To be precise, the term WW2 itself was absolutely not wide-common in our country.
We have the Great Patriotic War term. I think that only in the last 10-20 years the term WW2 has become wide-common in our country and today many people know that these are different terms, not the same.

I am sure that the appearance of Hoi really has changed this situation very much, and today, average young people know about WW2 much more than young people 20 years ago.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Well, try telling someone WW2 started in 1937..... which is a view some hold.

No matter who you play as, you end up learning something and most probably wanting to learn more. Which isn't all bad.

Reactions: