• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Love the game, but whenever I create I custom character I have to generate what feels like 10000 random coat of arms to get the one I want. Why isn't it possible to just select the background, colours and emblem manually like in EU4 when designing a flag of a custom nation? It's really annoying and costs a lot of time which I could spend in the savegame itself. It amazes me that this feature wasn't part of the game at launch. Please add this feature soon!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm also eagerly waiting for the patch solely dedicated to bugfixes.
sswa.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Bet my last bottle of beer that this won't happen....
Wait... does that mean you still don't own CK3? :p
Yeah was waiting for them to release it on GOG since they released all their other new games there, but thinking of getting it on Steam sometime in the future.

Unless... *looks around*

Last edited:
Love this game and just saw the Nothern Lords DLC which is nice...but can we move on from the Vikings just for a bit. I don't know why so many people are interested in this (to me) insipid warrior culture.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Love this game and just saw the Nothern Lords DLC which is nice...but can we move on from the Vikings just for a bit. I don't know why so many people are interested in this (to me) insipid warrior culture.
Vikings were already cool way before the recent TV series. Don't like their warrior culture? They explored and met so many different cultures.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Vikings were already cool way before the recent TV series. Don't like their warrior culture? They explored and met so many different cultures.
Many of us dislike the over-sensationalization of them. Too much eyeliner. They're often presented as indomitable, which they certainly weren't.

Reactions:
Dynamic cultures are much more my thing...

too bad a "dynamic culture" system would either be terrible or impossible depending on your standards

What do you mean by "terrible"? I can't as of yet think of any real negative results from it.

What do you mean by "terrible"? I can't as of yet think of any real negative results from it.
no one has proposed a system of "dynamic cultures" that isn't either barebones (just combining namelists haphazardly) or impossible (generating complex united hybrid cultures with a bunch of variables for literally every combination in the game)

Reactions:
I wish CK3 was harder on these points:

AI towards player: More opportunistic, more aware of player being busy fighting a big war (but not so that 10 realms jump on you xD), better at building armies and having larger levies, and better at their economy and vassal management.

Traits and AI behaviour:
Traits are more importsnt to the player to role play and harder to cheese, or ignore to play the most optimal way. If you are a sadist, then make me a sadist. If I am honest make me more honest. Also I never had a sadist son or cruel either, I lile that i can be a good father bt sometimes other things in life make you kid something else like trauma.
AI should be much more rpg oriented and if you have a scheming vassal then scheme, if you have honest and kind vassal then dont scheme and murder, unless its against a tyrant or something.

Opinions and advantages: Could be a little more dramatic, having a larger impact.

External Internal & ReligiousThreat: It should be a triangle dance, keep your realm stable among your vassals, keep your enemies abroad at bay and keep your people to the one tru faith.
Lost a battle, ok vassals might have slight dislike of the situation. Lose a war or two, well maybe god is punishing us because of our sins? Well we need a new direction (heretics rise up and some vassals seek answers there), btw are you fighting a civil war? Weakness, your neighbors will raid your lands and leave you even weaker... whispers of invasions are being reported. What? Weak? I AM NOT WEAK, well now your vassals believe that too so watch out for factions and schemes.

The triangle dance, the dance a count can do blindfolded but an Emperor might stumble and fall.

:p "cheesy ending but it works"

• 1Like
Reactions:
Bet my last bottle of beer that this won't happen....
Wait... does that mean you still don't own CK3? :p
I don't know why they would be so strongly opposed to releasing on GOG. There are no apparent issues as the multiplayer is hosted by Nakama and not Steam. Perhaps they don't want more money? I digress.

Also I don't own the game still and I would buy it if it were to be released on GOG, as I did with every Paradox game to date.

P. S.: I would like to know now, more than anything, who makes these decisions. Is it the individual teams or is it Paradox Interactive? Why do they release some games but not others? How old does a game not supporting cross platform multiplayer have to be in order to get listed on GOG? Why does CK3 break the pattern? So many questions...

Reactions:
Same reason as people are interested in zombies and vampires. Old jokes but no one has told new ones. Maybe in next dlc, we can play as stealth-sniper-special-rogue-parkour-assassin-mary sue culture. Just because they are so cool!

Reactions:
A little sad that the new DLC will not be released soon. And the fact that the subsequent dlc will be released very rarely is not quite happy. I understand that developers are worried about the quality of game content and try to focus their attention on the rest of the projects, but to be honest i don't see a good reason to do this for so long. The game sells well, has positive reviews in the Steam but this is all temporary and players need new content to continue playing their game further. I hope that in the near future they will at least add a regency system, some features for feudal rulers, and some content for cosmetic changes (clothing, hairstyles, beards, etc.). Ideally i would like to see a more advanced disease system, as it was in CK2 when a plague appeared in the player's domain, then he had the opportunity to close the gates and protect his dynasty from potentially infected people and simultaneously accompany this with story events with hunger.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I will highly prefer to have bugs fixed before any DLC. There is good amount of content in the game, already and there are mods if you really exhaust whole game.
If they will fix the bugs, and there are some quite annoying bugs, this would be the best grand strategy every. Then DLCs would be nice cherry on top.
And about DLCs, I would prefer regency system, but I don't have strong opinion.

Reactions:
Region appropriate governments. The map might be bigger but it all plays like medieval France.

• 5Like
Reactions: