Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan coming April 27th 2021

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sadly, as a person that works on this field, i know too well that everything, from typo, to oversights, to balance issues will end up qualified as bugs then throwed into a bag of "look how much we worked".

Unless paradox releases a list of the bugs they fixed, im going to assume that 90% of the bugfixes were for minor, irrelevant stuff that can be clasified as oversights, typos, or balance isues
I also know that customers classify "it doesn't do what I think it should do" as a bug as well as "it let me do something stupid" and then complain when they are not fixed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
20 euros for this? After the absolute disaster that Emperor was? 500 bugs fixed lol, most of those are likely inconsequential to gameplay. Not to mention all the bugs that will be *introduced* with this new DLC, assuming it's as tested as emperor was.
You do you, I'm not buying this.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I also know that customers classify "it doesn't do what I think it should do" as a bug as well as "it let me do something stupid" and then complain when they are not fixed.
To not forget the "bug" that was what the customer asked for, but he expected it would work otherwise so its a bug instead of a badly described feature

Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Diplo favours sound great, but I'm a bit surprised at the price.

I also feel the Emperor launch was a bit of a disaster, so I'd be inclined to wait for a couple of patches this time around. At least Leviathan is not being released just before the summer holidays, so hopefully this one will be in playable state earlier (maybe even at launch?).

Reactions:
Please tell us that AI spiraling debt is FINALLY resolved.

Hopefully, there would be no major bugs that will break the game again... I am ready to pay for this DLC if it is (major) bug free.

Don't make it another cash-grab, please...

Reactions:
I did it was because often people call oversights, typos, and balance issues "bugs", which isn't really the meaning of the word, hence the quote.
If it causes a game feature to fall short of "functions as intended and as designed", it's a bug, whether it's an oversight, a typo, or a balance issue, because, quite simply:

The software is not doing what it's supposed to do.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Not quite sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, the new stuff looks cool and it makes me really want to do an SEA playthrough. On the other hand, a lot of the posts here seem to indicate that there are major bugs that still haven't been fixed, and it's sometimes hard not to end up with the impression that the game is essentially starting to buckle under its own weight at this point.

Reactions:
The DLC does not worth 20 € .... I'm gonna wait for a sale, sorry but no... What you ask is well too expensive

Also a bit disapointed to get this after all that waiting :(

Reactions:
Not quite sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, the new stuff looks cool and it makes me really want to do an SEA playthrough. On the other hand, a lot of the posts here seem to indicate that there are major bugs that still haven't been fixed, and it's sometimes hard not to end up with the impression that the game is essentially starting to buckle under its own weight at this point.
The own dev team have already told that the game is to bloated to add any new feature thats has more in depth that a "press button x bonus" feature

Reactions:
The own dev team have already told that the game is to bloated to add any new feature thats has more in depth that a "press button x bonus" feature

It collapsed under its own weight a while ago. It's just blatant milking at this point. I won't support it any longer. It's time for EUV, and a modern addition to the series.

• 2Like
Reactions:
This date makes me worry we are getting EUV in May. I don't think EUIV is as dated as CKII was when it was taken out to field. Regardless I mostly play CKII and I dont see myself being seduces by EUV regardless of how flashy it seems. I'd rather see Vic 3 (not just for the meme) or a wholly new title in the Grand Strategy department. Maybe Cold War - as it's been hinted at. Personally I might also be interested in a new look at the Napoleonic era, as MotE actually intrigues me.

But in regards to Leviathan itself it looks good. I do agree some of the development options are still very unclear. I am far more interested in 1.31 than the dlc itself. I don't think it will live up to the amazing release of Emperor.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This date makes me worry we are getting EUV in May.
May 2023, perhaps.

A timeline for you:

Holy Fury and Patch 3.0 for CK2 were released in November 2018.

Patch 3.3 for CK2 (when the base game became F2P) was released in October 2019.

CK3 was released in September 2020.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please keep the DD thread on topic.

Discussion about the game to be announced is in the New Game Confirmed thread.

Reactions: