The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
arawak.jpg

you wot mate

• 6Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
What the hell 1.30.6?? After landing on mexico, i had to fight that strange beast occupying almost the half of mesoamerica. I let myself be surprised and I lost my small fleet because they had one too... I don't know what the strangest thing is there.

itza.jpg

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Yes, the HRE is finally in the new World. How did this happen? Well, I wanted to try Vermont. So I started a game as East Frisia. I joined the HRE to get protection. Then I left it since I couldn't move my capital outside the HRE. After a couple of years the event "East Frisia offers to join the HRE" happend. Courious on what would happen I indeed offered to join the HRE again and et voila, there we go, the HRE in America.
eu4_2.png
eu4_4.png

Last edited:
  • 9Love
  • 7Haha
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Yes, the HRE is finally in the new World. How did this happen? Well, I wanted to try Vermont. So I started a game as East Frisia. I joined the HRE to get protection. Then I left it since I couldn't move my capital outside the HRE. After a couple of years the event "East Frisia offers to join the HRE" happend. Courious on what would happen I indeed offered to join the HRE again and et voila, there we go, the HRE in America.
View attachment 695891View attachment 695895
This is beautiful!

Reactions:
Clearly a bug, but all credits to you. It would have been worth a own thread!

• 1Like
Reactions:
1616837878605.png

The mighty Austria does not seem to be too keen on protecting its loyal subject Denmark from the Horde...

All the Austrian allies came, but it did not.

Last edited:
  • 5Haha
Reactions:
The mighty Austria does not seem to be too keen on protecting its loyal subject Denmark from the Horde...

5 ducats says Austria is DotF. There's a bug in 1.30 where the overlord sometimes won't join their subjects in war if they get conflicting CtA's. (E.g. DotF + PU junior or coalition + tributary subject). Easy to check at the start of the game by giving Denmark DotF and no-cb'ing Sweden as Muscovy for example.

Reactions:
5 ducats says Austria is DotF. There's a bug in 1.30 where the overlord sometimes won't join their subjects in war if they get conflicting CtA's. (E.g. DotF + PU junior or coalition + tributary subject). Easy to check at the start of the game by giving Denmark DotF and no-cb'ing Sweden as Muscovy for example.
So essentially the AI can't figure if it should join as a DotF or as an overlord and so does not join?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
So essentially the AI can't figure if it should join as a DotF or as an overlord and so does not join?

I don't know the actual cause, but yeah, something like that seems to happen. I suspect it's somehow related to the change in 1.30 to make diplomatic actions immediate. I've only seen cases where subjects should join, but didn't.

Reactions:
View attachment 697981

Funny, today the exact same thing happened to me. I declared on Hungary and Overlord (and DoF) Austria didn't join. But mras0 explanation sounds logical.

An oldie, but a goodie - pope always finds a way to somehow convert away from catholic faith, despite best efforts by PDX.

This time, it doubled down by becoming Defender of Reformed Faith (and re-takes it every time it loses it by not joining defensive wars against reformed countries).
papal-reformed-DoF.png

• 10Haha
  • 4Like
Reactions: