Upcoming Patch 1.3.1 - Open Beta Branch on Steam

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't know if this is the proper place for this but since it is related to this beta specifically, what's the deal with this? I keep getting offers or terms for release but they don't actually say what the offer *IS*. It doesn't say I get gold, or a hook, or what. Just "Do you accept this offer". Mousing over the buttons offers no insight.

Attachments

• WhatOffer.PNG
    WhatOffer.PNG
    585,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 5Like
Reactions:
I don't know if this is the proper place for this but since it is related to this beta specifically, what's the deal with this? I keep getting offers or terms for release but they don't actually say what the offer *IS*. It doesn't say I get gold, or a hook, or what. Just "Do you accept this offer". Mousing over the buttons offers no insight.
They're asking you to release the prisoners for free. It's sneaky and unclear, but technically not a bug just really poorly explained.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I was hoping for more additions to the hotfix today. Since most of the serious bugs are not fixed yet.

Just a few examples:
1) Wildfire plague from early starts.
2) Dynasty dying within a generation or so from unmarried children and grandkids, plus entire families of fornicators (true story).
3) You can't change any of your vassal's buildings.
4) You're not getting any modifiers or bonuses from your buildings (like temples etc)
5) Bugged character target weight, characters are extremely skinny.
6) Temple holdings entirely disabled.
7) Vassals who can't join factions and aren't discontent joining rebellions.
8) The AI is ineffective/unable to hire court physicians.
9) Revolt army flees out to sea, never returns, slowly starves to death.
10) Hold Grant Blot will not continue.
11) Fabricate Hook" scheme ready but not firing on a character with already a Weak Hook.
12) University UX is misleading and broken.

These are all reported and confirmed bugs.
Will you please tell us what's the ETA for the next hotfix? We really can't play and enjoy the game atm.

Cheers!

Last edited:
  • 22Like
Reactions:
I was hoping for more additions to the hotfix today. Since most of the serious bugs are not fixed yet.

Just a few examples:
2) Dynasty dying within a generation or so from unmarried children and grandkids, plus entire families of fornicators (true story).
4) You're not getting any modifiers or bonuses from your buildings (like temples etc)
5) Bugged character target weight, all characters are skinny.
6)Temple holdings entirely disabled.

Will you please tell us what's the ETA for the next hotfix? We really can't play and enjoy the game atm.

Cheers!
Yeah even with the current hotfix it's still basically unplayable. I hope that things will be fixed soon. Honestly paradox expansion are so notorious for being broken that I wonder if they even do QA on them? It's most obvious in HOI when they don't even play through the countries trees to make sure they work. However as some one who worked in QA I would guess it's more likely that the problems are ignored and the expansions are put out anyways.

• 3Like
Reactions:

Just a few examples:
5) Bugged character target weight, all characters are skinny.
6)Temple holdings entirely disabled.

Cheers!
@G.Strategos thank you for your clear summaries and activity! It helps the readers as well as devs.

I suggest adding:
8) The AI ineffective/unable to hire court physicians. There is a recent and good mod that appears to fix it: "Doctor Fix - AI Will Now Hire Court Physicians".

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah even with the current hotfix it's still basically unplayable. I hope that things will be fixed soon. Honestly paradox expansion are so notorious for being broken that I wonder if they even do QA on them? It's most obvious in HOI when they don't even play through the countries trees to make sure they work. However as some one who worked in QA I would guess it's more likely that the problems are ignored and the expansions are put out anyways.
I don't know if they actually play the game, but it surely looks like they they don't. As a former modder and Dev for "DEI Total War" for Rome 2 I can assure you that we rarely played the game. But even we amateurs, used to have a plethora of beta testers, with specific and organized bug reporting procedure. So I guess that it will be easy as a pie for PI to create a similar department, if they really want to.

@G.Strategos thank you for your clear summaries and activity! It helps the readers as well as devs.

I suggest adding:
8) The AI ineffective/unable to hire court physicians. There is a recent and good mod that appears to fix it: "Doctor Fix - AI Will Now Hire Court Physicians".

Hope it helps!
No problem!
Oh I'll surelly add it, since it's a big issue for me too and I'm the one who was constanly pestering @Mhoirbheinn for such a mod, lol.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
dont tell me they just put the beta live, as i discovered way more bugs as such my church holdings give no piety even when im of that faith and culture in region, wtf is going on

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: