Europa Universalis IV: 1.30.6 is now LIVE! [Checksum 0b2c] - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, hi everyone. Created account here to ask this question: do you think this new update may prevent game from launching at all?
I started launcher from Steam as usual (didn't notice any warning regarding saves...) and chose single player in this new window, but when I hit Play button I just got weird red triangle to the right of the button. It's telling me that 'Launching the game failed' when I hover cursor over it. I may have actually clicked Continue instead of Play but wasn't paying attention and I'm not sure now. I tried cleanly reinstalling the game, disabling DLCs, reinstalling Steam itself, made sure firewall doesn't block it, tried launching earlier versions from Beta menu... Everything results in the same red triangle. Would you have any idea if there's anything else I could do?
Not sure if it matters, but I also installed some big update to my Windows 10 recently and it's the first time I tried to launch EU since then.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ok, hi everyone. Created account here to ask this question: do you think this new update may prevent game from launching at all?
I started launcher from Steam as usual (didn't notice any warning regarding saves...) and chose single player in this new window, but when I hit Play button I just got weird red triangle to the right of the button. It's telling me that 'Launching the game failed' when I hover cursor over it. I may have actually clicked Continue instead of Play but wasn't paying attention and I'm not sure now. I tried cleanly reinstalling the game, disabling DLCs, reinstalling Steam itself, made sure firewall doesn't block it, tried launching earlier versions from Beta menu... Everything results in the same red triangle. Would you have any idea if there's anything else I could do?
Not sure if it matters, but I also installed some big update to my Windows 10 recently and it's the first time I tried to launch EU since then.
"launching the game failed" can have many sources. To narrow it down somewhat, try to start the game from eu4.exe directly . If that works it is a launcher problem. If it doesn't work it is a game problem. In that case you probably get an error message and you can find a solution if you search the forums for that message.
If you don't find a solution, you can ask the official tech support in the tech support forum or on the paradox support website.

Reactions:
Thanks for your answers!
When I tried to open directly from .exe file, I got error message about missing vcruntime140.dll file. When I tried to apply fix I got error message that other version is already installed. Forum fixes instructued to install C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC, while I have 2017 version, so I'm not sure if I should do it?
Rolling back with a password to version 1.9.2 worked however and I was able to launch the game. Does it mean it is some super old version, since current number 1.30 and rolled back version is 1.9?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for your answers!
When I tried to open directly from .exe file, I got error message about missing vcruntime140.dll file. When I tried to apply fix I got error message that other version is already installed. Forum fixes instructued to install C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC, while I have 2017 version, so I'm not sure if I should do it?
Rolling back with a password to version 1.9.2 worked however and I was able to launch the game. Does it mean it is some super old version, since current number 1.30 and rolled back version is 1.9?
1.9.2 is from 2014. It probably works, because it doesn't need a new version of the redistributables yet.
I think the 2017 version is not helpful. AFAIK you need the 2019 or 2015 version for current eu4 versions.
You can get the 2019 version from this link. You may also need the 2015 version, the 32bit version of the 2010 version and the 64 bit version of the 2010 version. The 2019 and 2015 version both have a 32bit version(x86) and 64bit version(x64). Current eu4 versions probably need the 64bit version, but it wouldn't hurt to install the others as well.
If all this doesn't help, you can run a windows repair tool for system libraries as explained on this website

Reactions:
I have no idea why, but when I open up EU4 in Nakama MP mode, and I go to the MP screen, there is no option to connect to server id. The only buttons I get are the buttons to search, which don't even work, and the "Back" button. The buttons that are supposed to be there are there if I open it in Steam MP but not in Nakama. Is there any way of fixing this?

• 1Like
Reactions: