• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FunGaming

Major
7 Badges
Nov 24, 2013
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
Short summary of your issue
Grandkids will not automaticly get betrothered or married

Game Version

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Since the update my grandkids will not automaticly get betrothered or married anymore, no idea why or what is causing the problem.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Just play and end up with grandkids and watch them stay single

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?

I have attached a save game
No

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Knipsel2.JPG
    Knipsel2.JPG
    20,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 5Like
Reactions:
I hope this can get looked at it's very annoying, btw I noticed that my granddaughter now became a fornicator with 2 kids with unknown fathers and she has no traits to have this kinda trigger, also no lovers listed and not married. So no idea what is going on but it sure needs to be looked at.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Adding onto this, there is also a problem with notifications you get that an aquiantance married and then when you look they have no spouse at all so they are not married at all.

More bugs going on with this, my son that was married suddenly aint married anymore yet she still lives they even have a kid toghether and they were married for 4 years. What is going on ???? Can this get some serious looking into ?? And hopefully get a hotfix as this and the fact that grandkids dont marry is really game breaking.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    17,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    11,2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    21,1 KB · Views: 0
Another issue is if you have checked on that your heir son can marry on his own he still wont, so it also effects your direct kids. And from what I can tell now it even effects the kids of your grandchildren. This really needs a fix as your dynasty will die out this way at some point.

I seriously hope this gets fixed fast, I had 23 grandchildren who were not married, it has become a serious issue now. I ended up installing a mod so I can manually give all my grandchildren spouses but this is really not the best solution as it becomes a task on itself to search spouses for everyone.

Btw strange thing is being able to search for spouses for my descendants like my grandkids was added in with patch 1.2
  • You can now arrange marriages for all of your descendants, not only your direct children
However it is not functioning anymore as of patch 1.3.0 so Had to install a mod just for that, maybe because this option was removed it also broke the Auto marriages ??

Also because no grandkids get married they end up fornicating a lot and I mean a lot

• 2Like
Reactions:
Greetings again @FunGaming!

Could you provide us with a save file from the playthrough where you experienced the issue? Our team will try to get to the bottom of the bug and that would help us by a lot.

Cheers!
I would but I started using a mod so I could marry the grandkids otherwise my game would have been game over by now, but it happens in every new game that is started. My suggestion is to start a new game and play through it and then watch grandkids not get married and no even get bethrotered.

How widespread is this issue? Is it only concerning landed characters, or unlanded characters as well? What is the scale of the problem, if you could estimate it for us?

E.g. observe if landed characters marry within 10 years of being unmarried or if after 10 years they still remain unmarried?

Reactions:
How widespread is this issue? Is it only concerning landed characters, or unlanded characters as well? What is the scale of the problem, if you could estimate it for us?

E.g. observe if landed characters marry within 10 years of being unmarried or if after 10 years they still remain unmarried?
Unlanded and Landed Grandkids and even their kids, it's a pretty big problem as no one gets married. Even if like for my heir I check the box that he can get married on his own then even that doesnt work

Hmm, does it happen for many years? How it's currently setup is that:

1. Around 16 years they can get married if there's a good match.
2. Around 21 they will more actively looking for a match.
3. After 10 years of being unmarried, landed characters will find themselves a spouse.

Can you confirm that this is the behavior, the checkbox notwithstanding? Or do characters (especially landed ones or with claims) end their lives lonely?

Reactions: