• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No clue about the tooltip, but I've seen that sort of bug with vanilla tooltips as well. As for the opinion modifier, I bet it's because the Vanilla "opinion_shielded_my_world" modifier is -200. Opinion modifier overwriting creates a duplicate with the same name, so your script is adding the original one and not the mod one. Try making a new opinion modifier with the value you want and adding that instead.
I did what I wanted. The full code is now this.

country_event = { id = hate.66 title = hate.66.name desc = hate.66.desc is_triggered_only = yes option = { name = hate.66.a every_rival_country = { every_country = { add_opinion_modifier = { who = prev modifier = opinion_rep_sab } } } } option = { name = hate.exit } }

The only problem is that in description it says "opinion_rep_sab" -2000. What file and where do I need to edit\create to make it "Reputation Mocked" ?
Also it says -1 per year. How to change decay per day? I saw somewhere that it must be like:

decay = {
base = 1.day
}
But I dont remember exactly ...

And thank you a lot! :D

I did what I wanted. The full code is now this.

country_event = { id = hate.66 title = hate.66.name desc = hate.66.desc is_triggered_only = yes option = { name = hate.66.a every_rival_country = { every_country = { add_opinion_modifier = { who = prev modifier = opinion_rep_sab } } } } option = { name = hate.exit } }

The only problem is that in description it says "opinion_rep_sab" -2000. What file and where do I need to edit\create to make it "Reputation Mocked" ?
Also it says -1 per year. How to change decay per day? I saw somewhere that it must be like:

decay = {
base = 1.day
}
But I dont remember exactly ...

And thank you a lot! :D
You can change decay rate in the opinion modifier file itself. Here's the example of the "insult" modifier:
Code:
opinion_insult = {
    opinion = {
        base = -200
    }

unique = yes
    monthly = yes
    decay = {
        base = 2  
    }
}
Monthly determines if it decays monthly or yearly (I don't think it can be done daily), the decay block determines the value (note: decays TOWARDS 0, so use a positive number!).

As for the opinion modifier localization, you can name them in a localization file (saved to the localization folder as a YML file, must end with the sequence _l_english.yml if English, suggest referring to a vanilla file for the format), like so:
Code:
l_english: #Necessary for any English localization file
    opinion_rep_sab:0 "Whatever you want to name it within the quotation marks"

Does anyone know how to prevent an empire building an observation post over a specific planet? The rogue scientist observation post events do this I believe, but I can't figure out how for the life of me

Diplomatic Actions - has_defense_pact

I want to prevent a awakened empire from making a subject of an ai if the ai has a defense_pact with the human player in the common\diplomatic actions file. Example under action_demand_satellite potential section:

NOT = { has_defensive_pact = ??? } how can I specify the human player ?

Diplomatic Actions - has_defense_pact

I want to prevent a awakened empire from making a subject of an ai if the ai has a defense_pact with the human player in the common\diplomatic actions file. Example under action_demand_satellite potential section:

NOT = { has_defensive_pact = ??? } how can I specify the human player ?
You can check is_ai = no

You can check is_ai = no
Thanks for the response. The problem is that you end up with trigger = trigger which does not appear to work. I think an event target would work but how to do that in the common diplomacy file? It is really strange there is no simple trigger like NOT = { has_defensive_pact = yes } at a minimum. I even thought about some kind of scripted trigger but I could not figure that out either. I guess maybe setting some kind of country flag by event then using the country flag........

Thanks for the response. The problem is that you end up with trigger = trigger which does not appear to work. I think an event target would work but how to do that in the common diplomacy file? It is really strange there is no simple trigger like NOT = { has_defensive_pact = yes } at a minimum. I even thought about some kind of scripted trigger but I could not figure that out either. I guess maybe setting some kind of country flag by event then using the country flag........
You need to think "backwards" for this kind of stuff.

Something like this:
Code:
NOT = {
    any_playable_country = {
        is_ai = no
        has_defensive_pact = PREV
    }
}

Reactions:
Can anyone tell me where the odds of a leader getting a positive or negative trait on leveling are handled? That is, can you mod the effects of a civic like Philosopher King? There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in leader_events_1.txt, but I'm very new at modding, so it's definitely possible I'm missing something.

Can anyone tell me where the odds of a leader getting a positive or negative trait on leveling are handled? That is, can you mod the effects of a civic like Philosopher King? There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in leader_events_1.txt, but I'm very new at modding, so it's definitely possible I'm missing something.

Okay, after a little more digging, looks like the relevant file is 00_scripted_events.txt. But if I'm reading the code correctly, it looks like has_civic = "civic_philosopher_king" straight up prevents negative traits for governors and rulers, rather than it being "less likely." But again, I could be missing something.

How Do I define a new planet with its own model? I want to create a planet that uses the dyson sphere model, but I'm having trouble. I tried just defining a planet with "dyson_sphere_phase_05_entity" as its entity, but that hasn't worked. I'm looking at defining a new planet entity in the graphics section but I have no idea what most of the properties do, and just copying the dyson sphere model to it hasn't worked.

Anyone know where to control the probability of "terraforming candidates" spawning? I'm playing with modded 1/16 habitable worlds, but that just means terraforming candidates often outnumber actual habitable planets, and I'd like to a get a ratio closer to Vanilla.

Anyone know where to control the probability of "terraforming candidates" spawning? I'm playing with modded 1/16 habitable worlds, but that just means terraforming candidates often outnumber actual habitable planets, and I'd like to a get a ratio closer to Vanilla.
common/anomalies/00_anomaly_categories.txt. Look for "terraforming_candidate_category".

So, I'm trying to create a British Empire mod, and I'm currently on the character names. For the full Victorian Era flavour I'm trying to find a way to generate names like "Field Marshal Edward Henry John James Montagu Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, 16th Duke of Norfolk, 11th Duke of Leinster, 3rd Duke of Sutherland VC KG KT KP GCB GCMG DSO GCVO OM GBE PC QC BSc FRS"

Obviously this is an exaggerated example (though only slightly tbh), but it's way more than the first name/surname options that are immediately apparent. Also there are things like needing to change things like Duke to Duchess, KG to LG or KCB to DCB if the character is female, the honours having a set order to appear in, and certain honours ideally being more likely to turn up on certain types of leaders, for example FRS or BSc on scientists, military honours and ranks like DSO, CB and VC to generals and admirals etc. I'm guessing the vast majority of this just isn't possible, but this is my first mod so I'm hoping there's something less obvious I've missed that might allow some of it.

Can you build defense platforms by event for an existing station? For example build 5 ion cannons for a certain level of starbase. I know how to upgrade stations by event and build megastructures by event but not ion cannons etc. :confused:

EDIT: The answer is yes !!!! :D:D:D It works using create ship under the starbase scope.

Code:
country_event = {
    id = stevestarbases_aino.120
    hide_window = yes

trigger = {
        is_ai = no
        has_country_flag = steve_battleship_design_ready
        any_system_within_border = {
            NOT = { has_star_flag = autobastoncannonbuilt }
            exists = starbase
            starbase = {
                has_starbase_size = starbase_citadel
            }
        }
    }

immediate = {
        hidden_effect = {
            every_system_within_border = {
                limit = {
                    NOT = { has_star_flag = autobastoncannonbuilt }
                    exists = starbase
                    starbase = {
                        has_starbase_size = starbase_citadel
                    }
                }
                set_star_flag = autobastoncannonbuilt
                starbase = {
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                        random_existing_design = ion_cannon_bastion
                        graphical_culture = "humanoid_01"
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                    create_ship = {
                        name = random
                    }
                }

}
        }
    }
}

Note the above uses my own custom ion cannon and I have modded the cannon to have size_multiplier = 1 so I can build the 23. My cannon has a lot of weapons including the largest slots. It seemed easier to have powerful cannons rather than trying to mod the starbase itself.

Last edited: