• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cthulhu Spawn

Corporal
Jan 30, 2021
Why does the firearms, explosives, and sonic weapons all share the same symbol? It gets really confusing to look at it sometimes. All the damage types should have easily discernable icons to tell them all apart. Then there's also plasma damage type too. I'm not sure what that symbol is.

Firearms, Explosives, Sonic and Plasma are not damage types. They are ability tags.
Firearms, Explosives and Sonic are all Kinetic damage, hence use the Kinetic damage symbol.

Firearms, explosives, and sonic are weapon types that use the same damage type (with the same defences). So each damage type does have its own icon already.
Oh ok. It gets hard looking at the symbols. I guess it more the sonic weapons that had me confused. I picture them being more of a focused sine wave form than actual kinetic. When I think of kinetic I was thinking of something with a physical form hitting hard.

to be fair, sonic being physical makes sense, since sonics are waves that oscillate mass, which in turn is a physical form of damage you incurr due to tears.

• 1Haha
Reactions: