Stellaris: Nemesis will release April 15th!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, what an insightful remark.

It's still an opportunity cost. It's time and effort that could have been spent making... literally anything else. I have every right to be upset when the product I bought, was broken, and instead of being fixed 3 years ago when it was first broken, they make... this instead.

You'd be hard-pressed to find any customer protection organisation who would agree with you.

The game wouldn't even be broken by their standards.

But seriously, that statement is accurate. If you don't believe that the new DLC is good enough? Vote with your wallet and don't buy it. If you think Paradox needs to work on bugfixes over DLC? Vote with your wallet and don't buy it and convince others to do the same.

You think the game is broken but you've clearly been buying the DLC, thus you are part of the group that is incentivising them continuing to make more DLC over focussing on bugfixes.

It really is that simple.

What you are doing here is like someone complaining about microtransactions as they buy them, or a person complaining about how Fifa is the same regurgitated shit each year but still buys it anyway.

If Paradox is doing something you don't like and they haven't fixed it to your satisfaction despite you using the proper system to file an official bug report, vote with your wallet and show them that you disapprove in a way that actually matters to them.

Reactions:
You'd be hard-pressed to find any customer protection organisation who would agree with you.

The game wouldn't even be broken by their standards.
Yeah yeah, the game doesn't brick my PC on startup so clearly it's not broken. Nevermind the perpetually braindead AI, braindead auto-planet-builder, braindead AE, braindead Crisis, etc...

But seriously, that statement is accurate. If you don't believe that the new DLC is good enough? Vote with your wallet and don't buy it. If you think Paradox needs to work on bugfixes over DLC? Vote with your wallet and don't buy it and convince others to do the same.

You think the game is broken but you've clearly been buying the DLC
Yeah, I actually haven't, Mr. Armchair Psychiatrist. When I stopped enjoying the game, I stopped buying it. I want to enjoy this game again, because I've had a lot of fun with it, but Jesus Christ what are they doing?

Reactions:
Nice trailer (with good music contrary to the ridiculous one of the 4th anniversary trailer...) and the Nemesis update + DLC seems interesting.

However, I'm sorry, I know how the videogames business and public relations are nowadays, but, every time I see a Stellaris trailer I cannot stop me to think something like that : "more artistic work on the game (e.g. Do unique skins for megastructures with each shipsets) would be better than this "useless" trailer". This is a waste of time for your artists but, yes, you need to sell...

Reactions:
Nemesis looks good and I think is quite a make or break moment for Stellaris franchise in my opinion. A pop rework, district rework, an added end game "feature" which I think depends on a lot of AI behaviours being improved to function "decently" for non-MP games. I'm hoping we'll see a continuation of moving over to Direct X 11. I personally couldn't help but feel the CK3 release stole some of our "teams time" to help out - as you would in a business. Still, 2.8.0 started something quite big that needs to carry on for the good of the game (technical debt).

I'm excited for the changes and it's definately a welcome flavour to my single player games and I would be looking to buy but I will probably hesitate... and see whats in the release notes - I know I can make use of the Imperium/Custodian roles but I need to see that the AI can too and make use of alliance/federation features properly. Probably more importantly that I can use the AI to fight an Imperium, not just be it.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I actually haven't, Mr. Armchair Psychiatrist. When I stopped enjoying the game, I stopped buying it. I want to enjoy this game again, because I've had a lot of fun with it, but Jesus Christ what are they doing?

...Your badges. Maybe remove them before you claim that you haven't been buying the game. You bought AR so your stance is clearly at most a year old.

As I said, vote with your wallet and convince others to do the same if you want them to change the system they've been running for years. Complaining about it on a forum will change exactly jack shit.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Wow, what an insightful remark.

It's still an opportunity cost. It's time and effort that could have been spent making... literally anything else. I have every right to be upset when the product I bought, was broken, and instead of being fixed 3 years ago when it was first broken, they make... this instead.
There are a TON of fixes in the new update though? Like they completely reworked the population system to lower endgame lag and remove micro. The new industrial district and building system is also easier for the AI to use, although that's more of a nice bonus than the point of these changes. Frankly, in terms of fixing stuff about the game, I think this is the biggest update in Stellaris. Not to mention clearing up tech debt with the scripting overhaul we just saw last dev diary...

The reason the DLC seems underwhelming is BECAUSE they've put so much work into fixing the game, and all of those gameplay fixes are free updates, not something they are selling. So as someone who really wants to see Stellaris get fixed, I am ecstatic for Nemesis.

• 8Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Like they completely reworked the population system to lower endgame lag and remove micro. The new industrial district and building system is also easier for the AI to use
"Reduce micro, lower endgame lag, easier for the AI to use."

Heard that before.

Reactions:
A little bit concerned about a Thursday release. If there is a need to hotfix something, unlikely to get taken care until 4 or 5 days later.

13th would have been a much better choice.

• 1Like
Reactions:
"Reduce micro, lower endgame lag, easier for the AI to use."

Heard that before.
I mean so have I, mainly from players complaining about the things the devs should be focused on. But rather than code optimization and such to reduce endgame lag (like they did for Federations, and which DID have a significant improvement), they are just straight cutting how many pops people end up with. And assuming that the new system is able to do what it says on the can and resettle pops, then that solves the micro issue too.

I understand the skepticism, but we've seen exactly how they are tackling the problem and frankly the only way for them to mess it up would be complete ineptitude. The better AI is the only iffy statement, I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was a noticeable difference. With the new scripting stuff AI mods will probably be able to be much better however.

Reactions:
Yeah, a pretty surprising gap between release date announcement and release date for Paradox. I think the last DLC release date was announced a week before. Makes me wonder if there were some big issues that came up which delayed release. If there were I fully support Paradox delaying as long as they need instead of rushing it out.
Probably had something to do with the huge commotion over at the Nemesis Ship Set & Art Direction thread, where people were arguing the final ship design was underwhelming and didn't stay true to the initial art direction the devs came up with. And how the designers basically ignored the top-tier concept art by Larsson. :D

Reactions:
Probably had something to do with the huge commotion over at the Nemesis Ship Set & Art Direction thread, where people were arguing the final ship design was underwhelming and didn't stay true to the initial art direction the devs came up with. And how the designers basically ignored the top-tier concept art by Larsson.
Please let this be the reason. This would be soo great if your assumption would be true
Edit:
Basically no one liked the final version while the one by Larssen was universally loved.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I am not optimistic about the espionage system. I'm playing Hoi4 right now and it's such a pain of spam and micro to do anything with espionage, it's never worth the effort or time and your agents endlessly have to be rescued.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Looks interesting. Too bad i never played the game to the point where those event can start since years ago. Outside early game, Stellaris is a snooze-fest.

Reactions:
Seeing that the trailer uses the Imperial chipset, I would tend to assume that your hope is not coming true here.
You are probably right, but I don't like to hear it.
What shall I do with a messenger of such unwanted news.

Well Citizen, please report to Processing Hub 1. Thank you

• 6Haha
Reactions: