Europa Universalis IV: DLC Render Pictures Archive

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I recall, every single tag in Ireland has either full units or at least Tier 1s (I think it's a situation where pre-RB tags got full models and tags added in RB got only Tier 1s, though the regional unique is applied properly so they never look generic). Cornwall, Wales, Northumbria, and Man also have full models. It's actually one of the most well covered regions in the game.

Okay, thanks, though I don't think Gaeldom has, not sure about The Isles, and don't think all the releasables in France or Iberia have unique models. Having said that, I do think it's the Scandinavian/Baltic region that would benefit the most

Considering people seem to want the Baltics, SA, and Africa to be the next focuses for regional content design, I have a feeling the Baltic has it in its destiny unless they cancel EU4 after Leviathan (which considering they're asking for fan suggestions here I doubt they'll do). Scandinavia is also one of those formables that has no unique units assigned to it that we keep bringing up.

I agree, Scandinavia and the Baltic area would be the top of my list for attention, then Africa

I don't think Gaeldom has, not sure about The Isles
Both use Scottish, though bizarrely, the isles uses the generic western T1, which I think was a mistake and should be fixed. Correction on Man: it uses Irish units. Which I'm not sure I like since the harp of Erin is very present in Ireland's tier 1.
don't think all the releasables in France or Iberia have unique models
For Spain: Leon, Galicia, and Asturias share a complete set of unique models. Catalonia, Valencia, and Majorca use Aragonese models, Sardinia and Sicily use Sicilian models. Unless you want to divide these groupings up, that's every tag in the region without generics.

For France: Brittany and Normandy have full models. All of France's vassals at the start have T1s but that's all. Provence also falls under that category. Burgundy has only T1 and T2. Nevers, Gascony, Toulouse, Dauphine, Berry, Champagne, Picardy, Hainaut, Alencon, Barrois, Lorraine, and Luxembourg have generics. That's every releasable aside from Normandy and a couple that exist at the start.

Adding to that: None of the tags in the low countries have unique units at all bar Holland, which uses the Netherlands' units.

I think that both France and the low countries may be cases where a regional generic should be applied, with the low countries taking precedence as almost every tag there is independent (or at least on the map) in 1444.

At the same time, I don't think it's necessary for every tag to not have generics in the end. Just enough of them that generics aren't entirely too repetitive.

Oh, and devs. Are artillery models supposed to always show generic units rather than unique units?

Last edited:
Adding to that: None of the tags in the low countries have unique units at all bar Holland, which uses the Netherlands' units.
The actually all use the Dutch Evangelical Union T2 model, but not the Great Nations pack Dutch units.

Reactions:
Oh, and devs. Are artillery models supposed to always show generic units rather than unique units?

Nope, this is a bug from Emperor. It's yet to be patched. The same goes for the unique cav. models for the Poles, Lithuanians, Russians, Turks, Persians, and Mamluks.

Reactions:
The actually all use the Dutch Evangelical Union T2 model, but not the Great Nations pack Dutch units.
Ah. This seems like an oversight then.
Nope, this is a bug from Emperor. It's yet to be patched. The same goes for the unique cav. models for the Poles, Lithuanians, Russians, Turks, Persians, and Mamluks.
The usual suspect. Seems like that really needs to get patched, seeing as that basically takes several large tags' unique units off the board.

Reactions:
Countries like Tlemcen and Kabylia could use the Sale unit models
ss_f929cd14c2a0d1fad0dc7e3b730fe81b0e650f88.1920x1080.jpg

Reactions:
Countries like Tlemcen and Kabylia could use the Sale unit models

Sale's units look just great. I would have them set for the rest of Maghrebi nations that don't have unitque units. And I think they look better than Tunis and Algier's units.

Both use Scottish, though bizarrely, the isles uses the generic western T1, which I think was a mistake and should be fixed. Correction on Man: it uses Irish units. Which I'm not sure I like since the harp of Erin is very present in Ireland's tier 1.

The Isles and Gaeldom could use one of the Gallowglass-looking T1 units from Ireland, like Leinster's or Sligo's.

BTW, I covered these two things (and many others) in my own EU4 unit mod, if anyone is interested.

Morning everyone! We are looking towards the future a bit, and we want to gauge the fan opinion regarding where we should direct our unit model efforts. Are there any key regions that you feel desperately need more attention? Are there any interesting uniforms that you feel have been forgotten so far? Let us know below!
I agree with the many others, that the French T4 update for champs, the current model may be fit for a non-napoleonic run, but next to all the other shako nations it looks weird.

I agree also with the update on the baltics. And T4 models for HRE nations would be nice too.

Reactions:
I agree with the many others, that the French T4 update for champs, the current model may be fit for a non-napoleonic run, but next to all the other shako nations it looks weird.
Yeah, it looks totally presentable, and maybe they can reuse it for something else, but like every country in Europe having a shako at tier 4 except the army most known for their shakos is very strange.

Reactions:
Morning everyone! We are looking towards the future a bit, and we want to gauge the fan opinion regarding where we should direct our unit model efforts. Are there any key regions that you feel desperately need more attention? Are there any interesting uniforms that you feel have been forgotten so far? Let us know below!
Hello dear devs,

I am an EUIV and History enthusiast who has specialized in prussian Uniforms of the Napoleonic Era.
Hence, I would suggest and offer my help to improve the Uniforms of the prussian Army in the last Decades of EU IV.

If You are interested I would be more than glad to help You

Sincerely

Beuteltier

Semi-relmated question: any chance of getting that level 5 sprite available?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Semi-relmated question: any chance of getting that level 5 sprite available?
That would require about 300 new units model at this point, so that's extremely unlikely. But I feel that T4 models currently kick in quite a bit too soon. Most of the models fit decades around 7y war or American war of independence, but by that time everybody already keeps running around in shakos in the game. I guess this was done so that T4 models have some time to shine, but that kinda breaks immersion. T3 currently is the least featured tier because of that, despite representing many of the most iconic uniform designs for the period.

Reactions:
That would require about 300 new units model at this point, so that's extremely unlikely. But I feel that T4 models currently kick in quite a bit too soon. Most of the models fit decades around 7y war or American war of independence, but by that time everybody already keeps running around in shakos in the game. I guess this was done so that T4 models have some time to shine, but that kinda breaks immersion. T3 currently is the least featured tier because of that, despite representing many of the most iconic uniform designs for the period.
I'm not even asking for Vanilla to have units for them... just that we modders be able to use the sprite level 5 command in the mil tech file and add an extral level... especially when our mod makes the game longer.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm not even asking for Vanilla to have units for them... just that we modders be able to use the sprite level 5 command in the mil tech file and add an extral level... especially when our mod makes the game longer.
Is it not possible to use it now? I was toying with the idea to assign all individual T4 models to T5 and apply current T3 models also to T4, which would allow me to change the eras without breaking ironman. I believe the fifth tier actually is used by some ship models, so I thought it would work for land units too.

Is it not possible to use it now? I was toying with the idea to assign all individual T4 models to T5 and apply current T3 models also to T4, which would allow me to change the eras without breaking ironman. I believe the fifth tier actually is used by some ship models, so I thought it would work for land units too.
Nope, unless they changed something very recently and it passed under my radar. but, as far as i know, "sprite_level = 5" in the mil tech file doesn't do anything.

How about fixing all the artillery models that are using the wrong (generic) unit models that were broken in the Emperor update (and the various Cavalry packs that no longer show)?

Reactions:
just 1 suggestion: that FRA cav new (secret) model from Emperor - Cuirassier full armor knight with pistol is unused as it overrides European Cavalry pack - FRA already has cav models, so I am not using this new model at all via mod

could you add some (cavalry only ?) mercenary company (but sth real/authentic inspired by true history which is gold standard for EU4)
or maybe add also other cav tiers for this new merc company?

shame if such nice model would came for nothing

Reactions: