• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What CB was it?
NO_TEXT_FOR_KEY CB. It's right there in the screenshot.

;)

Even better, the war ended instantaneously and it was against his liege. That's a pretty difficult situation to engineer. (Because, in most cases, when you declare war on your liege you become temporarily independent. I can only think of one way this could happen: if you were an active participant in the same war as your liege and, while that's going on, the "press unlanded courtier's claim" event fired against your liege. Doesn't explain the NO_TEXT_FOR_KEY though ;-p )

Based off the old changelog in Changelog.txt for CK2 having a no_text_for_key replacement for a wrong religion heir that got changed, it seems that that's just the default text for when it can't find an appropriate name with the part after key being what it was searching for. Basically means the game did something supposedly impossible.

So, I was playing in Tibet for a few centuries minding my own business until I eventually decided to have a look at how things are going in Britain. I soon wished I hadn't.

1615164849442.png

Is it the pope owning parts of Ireland and Wales? Bavaria owning quite a bit of England proper, even though they also live in Egypt? Wales, the only local Kingdom, being splattered across the entire island? A random italian mercenary company having settled down in Essex? Byzantium owning Cornwall? Italy holding Worcester? Or the imbecile viking king of Finland under the suzerainty of a pontic khagan controlling the Isle of Man and some of the surrounding area?

I don't know. The island is cursed, anyway, and this image is peak CK2. 10/10

Last edited:
  • 9Haha
  • 6Like
Reactions:
So, I was playing in Tibet for a few centuries minding my own business until I eventually decided to have a look at how things are going in Britain. I soon wished I hadn't.

View attachment 689917
Is it the pope owning parts of Ireland and Wales? Bavaria owning quite a bit of England proper, even though they also live in Egypt? Wales, the only local Kingdom, being splattered across the entire island? A random italian mercenary company having settled down in Essex? Byzantium owning Cornwall? Italy holding Worcester? Or the imbecile viking king of Finland under the suzerainty of a pontic khagan controlling the Isle of Man and some of the surrounding area?

Is it possible to look back through the game's history and find out what the hell happened?

Is it possible to look back through the game's history and find out what the hell happened?
Most (but not all) of it could in theory be reconstructed from title histories. It's possible a fan created an external tool to do this. However, unfortunately, there's no easy in-game tool (like EU4's timeline).

Most (but not all) of it could in theory be reconstructed from title histories. It's possible a fan created an external tool to do this. However, unfortunately, there's no easy in-game tool (like EU4's timeline).
You can go through the title histories, true, but that would only tell you the direct holders of the titles and not the (potentially shifting) vassal relations.

As to what the hell happened there: Feudalism, I suppose :D

You can go through the title histories, true, but that would only tell you the direct holders of the titles and not the (potentially shifting) vassal relations.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant by "most (but not all)" :)

Reactions:
1615469670823.png

Dueling a Dead Man.

Mods: After the End
Orders of Chivalry

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:

View attachment 689917

Bavaria, control yourself. Don't you know you're supposed to be inland territory?

But hey, Kent knows its place.

This guy...

africanus.jpg

So, let's see:

He's a French Merovingian. That's obvious, sure. But his ethnicity isn't very French.
He's also Orthodox while being a hero at the Wolf Warriors at the same time. He has Chinese martial education. And he's a dynastic vassal of the Byzantine Empire while having a personal claim to the throne of France. There's more weird stuff about him but I don't even remember it all :) CK2 is just great - you never know what's going to happen!

• 5Like
  • 3Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Create a mod that add Japan, testing it with observe mode and...
View attachment 699783
Why would an Arab be exiled to Japan thousands of miles away and even get a title. His house was in Bahrin...
He DOES have a diplomacy of 16. Dude's pretty charismatic I guess.

Reactions:
20210405093115_1.jpg

Just from an incompatible map mod, but still...

20210302094504_1.jpg

And somehow after uniting britannia, Italy was one of my vassals, somehow...

• 1Like
Reactions:
More Incompatible Mods!!! dont know how this happened, it was working last time...
20210421113315_1.jpg

and
20210421113413_1.jpg

Edit : Nevermind, my game just broke after I downloaded AGOT from moddb.

Last edited: