Direct Download of Stellaris on Paradox Store FAQ

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have you tried clicking 'sync owned items' from the forum? Go to your forum profile -> owned items -> sync owned items.
So noob question. I only see the main game and 1 DLC on my games tab (I bought everything on steam). I synced in my forum profile and I see the DLCs in my forum profile. But I still only see the base game and 1 DLC on my games tab. Is this a bug or feature?

Reactions:
So noob question. I only see the main game and 1 DLC on my games tab (I bought everything on steam). I synced in my forum profile and I see the DLCs in my forum profile. But I still only see the base game and 1 DLC on my games tab. Is this a bug or feature?
Not really clear what you mean by 'my games tab'. I can see everything from Paradox store on both my forum profile (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/prdx-owned-items/ ) and on the account link from the store (https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/games ). That link adds a few non-software things I've gotten from the store though. I can certainly see Steam items that pre-date the launcher but just bought Lithoids on Steam to test and after syncing it showed up on forum profile and after doing 'update' in launcher it shows up there too but not yet on https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/games; not really critical as long as it shows up in the launcher. Odd though since if older stuff appears I'd expect new stuff to as well.

Yea exactly only 2 of all my stuff shows on https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/games
It is just weird because on the forum profile it shows them.
Not that weird since they're two separate lists; e.g. the account page shows stuff that has no forum icon. Weirder is that it doesn't show it there when it does show in the PDX launcher. That it shows pre-launcher Steam games but not those purchased after the launcher was 'launched' (which you wouldn't see if you didn't buy any PDX games before that) would suggest they did a one-time sync at some point but aren't syncing going forward.

OK thanks. I have a mild paranoia "what if steam collapses" and if there is an option to access my games directly from the developer even if I bought it on steam, that's great. Some titles do that and gives me a peace of mind. Of course if steam collapses half the globe revolts, but still.

Reactions:
OK thanks. I have a mild paranoia "what if steam collapses" and if there is an option to access my games directly from the developer even if I bought it on steam, that's great. Some titles do that and gives me a peace of mind. Of course if steam collapses half the globe revolts, but still.
The "if Steam collapses" scenario is probably not an issue as long as Paradox still exists. When other distribution platforms have gone away many/most of the game devs re-released their games on Steam. Gearbox took some months to rework the Borderlands MP code that had been dependent on another platform and this was long after Borderlands 2 had been released. The major issue would be games where the dev studio no longer exists (I had a game that happened to). Given that Paradox is already working on MP code independent of Steam (see the Stellaris cross-play beta) they would probably have no problem moving to a different platform.

Nah sure as I said I'm not overly afraid of this, nevertheless I like redundancy and diversity. Many of my favorite games are often available as direct downloads as well.

Quick question, when will the Launcher be released in MacOS? I bought everything on Steam and TBH I don't mind buying everything again in MacOS App Store or Paradox Launcher just to get rid of Steam.

Quick question, when will the Launcher be released in MacOS? I bought everything on Steam and TBH I don't mind buying everything again in MacOS App Store or Paradox Launcher just to get rid of Steam.

No, but also yes. The distribution client in its current shape will not be released on MacOS. However, we have other things in the works that I hope will scratch your itch. I'm not ready to announce exactly what it is yet though.

Reactions:
Decided to check the "Dev Responses" but I haven't found anything about it there, so I'm sorry if this question has been asked time and time again.

Currenty Paradox Launcher from what I've learned can only be linked to Steam accounts. Any chance/plans on doing the same with Epic Games?