• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unfortunatly me and another friend are having another issue atm which prevents some Flashpoints from starting. We are able to accept a FP and in the Argo Sceen it sais Flashpoint active. However if we click on continue in the actual FP descrition, the game opens up the cmd center screen and it sais "connecting to comstar/merc net" with the rotating loading circle next to it. But there it ends up, stuck with this screen. At least no missions to choose form or the FP mission negotioation screen shows up.

In my friends case the issue occurs for the FP Prototype, however this FP is perfectly working for me, but i'm having the same issue with the FP Siegebreaker and already had it at the second part of the momma bear mini flashpoint campaign as well. Anything we can do about it?

Unfortunatly me and another friend are having another issue atm which prevents some Flashpoints from starting. We are able to accept a FP and in the Argo Sceen it sais Flashpoint active. However if we click on continue in the actual FP descrition, the game opens up the cmd center screen and it sais "connecting to comstar/merc net" with the rotating loading circle next to it. But there it ends up, stuck with this screen. At least no missions to choose form or the FP mission negotioation screen shows up.

In my friends case the issue occurs for the FP Prototype, however this FP is perfectly working for me, but i'm having the same issue with the FP Siegebreaker and already had it at the second part of the momma bear mini flashpoint campaign as well. Anything we can do about it?
Both of you seem to have something interfering with your contracts - you should be able to access the regular contracts when the ComStar/Mercnet screen appears. Are you using other mods?

Both of you seem to have something interfering with your contracts - you should be able to access the regular contracts when the ComStar/Mercnet screen appears. Are you using other mods?
Just the Hyades Rim, BattleperformanceFix and the NavigationComputer mods. Usually the ComStar/Mercnet Missions are accessable it's just not working anylonger if some FPs have been accepted.

Just the Hyades Rim, BattleperformanceFix and the NavigationComputer mods. Usually the ComStar/Mercnet Missions are accessable it's just not working anylonger if some FPs have been accepted.
I'm gonna test those Flashpoints later but the only thing I changed was the conditions for them to spawn. Another question: are you using HBS or ModTek to load the mod?

20210223002455_1.jpg

No issues with the Prototype FP on the new Campaign at my end (I'm using ModTek). I can't seem to reproduce the issue you're reporting.

Try verifying your game files. Something is wrong with contract generation at your end.

I'm gonna test those Flashpoints later but the only thing I changed was the conditions for them to spawn. Another question: are you using HBS or ModTek to load the mod?
Sorry for the little delayed answer and thanks a lot for your efforts! We're both using the HBS modloader. How can i verify my game files?

On Steam right click on BattleTech -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify integrity of local files

If that doesn't work, try using Modtek instead of HBS loader. If that doesn't work...

Mmh well there was one corrupted file, which was fixed but did not change the result in my current playthrough i.e. in my ironman savegame i'm still having the issue that the game gets stuck in the merc screen after i activated the FP.

I than tried installing modtek and loading hydes rim via this loader which worked fine. However i'm not able to load my current playthrough anymore. It sais needed mods are not installed, but they are and are shown in the mods section of the starting screen as well. Is the only way to make it work to start a new career all over again?

So I deleted everything including the hidden HBS Folders and did a fresh BT Install and used the latest versions of modtek, hyades rim, battletechPerformanceFix and NavigationComputer. Unfortunatly my old savegame was no longer playable, so I even started a new career. Don't have any FP spawns yet, so i can't test it. But the very first attack Base mission I attempted already had the C2A spawn as Turrets Bug again :( Unfortunatly can't remember the name of the mission, because I was so frustrated. It was a half skull mission though.
Is there any possibility to fix that Cicada-Turret Bug in general? I would appriciate it so much, since basically all attack Base missions are almost unplayable if the turrets spawn as Cicadas.

Last edited:
So I deleted everything including the hidden HBS Folders and did a fresh BT Install and used the latest versions of modtek, hyades rim, battletechPerformanceFix and NavigationComputer. Unfortunatly my old savegame was no longer playable, so I even started a new career. Don't have any FP spawns yet, so i can't test it. But the very first attack Base mission I attempted already had the C2A spawn as Turrets Bug again :( Unfortunatly can't remember the name of the mission, because I was so frustrated. It was a half skull mission though.
Is there any possibility to fix that Cicada-Turret Bug in general? I would appriciate it so much, since basically all attack Base missions are almost unplayable if the turrets spawn as Cicadas.
Tested, found and fixed the bug today with the turrets, several files I deleted by accident a couple of weeks ago.

New version available at Nexus.
20210226040820_1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
This is the end... of part 2 of the new campaign/story.

20210226223653_1.jpg

Three new flashpoints and one story mission coming next (lots of dialogues to finish though):
* Amaris Legacy

* Tales of 1001 BattleMechs
* The Man Comes Around

* Danse Macabre (beginning of part 3)

Afterwards in part 3:
* The company is moving from the Hyades Rim to the Magistracy of Canopus to find a new employer
* The vanilla flashpoints become available as mini-campaigns (Davion, Kurita, Liao, Marik, Steiner and Periphery), where you play them in a sequence according to difficulty
* Horse Latitudes, A Country Too Far, Stranger In A Strange Land, Paradise City, Dark Forest, Petty Tyrants And Bandit Kingdoms flashpoints
* Ends with the recovery of the Argo, which sets the story for part 4 and last of the story, the Aurigan Restoration

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Tested, found and fixed the bug today with the turrets, several files I deleted by accident a couple of weeks ago.

New version available at Nexus.

Thank you so much, Hobbes! Looks very promising so far. Haven't had the chance to test FPs yet, but the Turret-Cicada Bug seems to be gone indeed. Correct Turrets and vehicles in every mission i attempted so far.

..and the news about part 3 is just awesome! Exactly the kind of content i'm looking for. Really loving all the additional FP, scenarios and campaigns so far and it's why hyades rim is my alltime favourite mod :)

€dit: FP are all working perfectly as well now. Did the Prototype again, Siegebreaker and one more and didn't have any issues. Just wanted to let you know, Hobbes. Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
20210316043617_1.jpg
20210315043110_1.jpg

Version 6.2.9 released on Nexusmods.

Added a new story Flashpoint, Amaris Legacy, featuring the Brotherhood of Randis plus other new content.

Is follow-up Flashpoint, Tales of 1001 BattleMechs, is scheduled to be released in the next version.

Last edited:
  • 3Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
FPs.png

Tales of 1001 BattleMechs flashpoint released, the follow-up to the Amaris Legacy FP.

Next FP to be released will be The Man Comes Around.

20210321175943_1.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Third new flashpoint, The Man Comes Around, has been released on Nexusmods.

Next release will be the Danse Macabre story mission, which will end part 2 of the campaign, with the company leaving the Hyades Rim for other regions of space...

FPs.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
And the new campaign just entered part 3, with the release a new version featuring the mission Danse Macabre, featuring an unused contract from the original campaign.

Done with the Hyades Rim, the company now looks to other regions of the Rimward Periphery as the story of the Aurigan Restoration continues.

List of current and future FPs

FPs.png

• 3Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Great great news! Just thought i could read the paradox batteltech forum for some news, since i haven't been around for a while - just in time i guess :)

Quick question - are all the above mentioned FP playable in career mode as well or do i need to start a new campaign in order to get the full experience? Sorry if its an obvious question, but it's not that clear to me.

As always keep up the great work, Hobbes. There's a lot of friends of mine which enjoy your work as much as i do, even if not writing in any forums.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Great great news! Just thought i could read the paradox batteltech forum for some news, since i haven't been around for a while - just in time i guess :)

Quick question - are all the above mentioned FP playable in career mode as well or do i need to start a new campaign in order to get the full experience? Sorry if its an obvious question, but it's not that clear to me.

As always keep up the great work, Hobbes. There's a lot of friends of mine which enjoy your work as much as i do, even if not writing in any forums.

The new FPs are the new campaign/story, so they can't be played on Career. :)

and if you REALLY enjoy a challenge and a good story then you want to play the HR campaign.

Reactions: