Stellaris: Console Edition DD#21 - Precursor Changes and Planet Designations

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aceparadox

Community Manager (Stellaris)
Jan 9, 2020
Hello Stellaris: Console Edition fans,

AC here, with another Console Edition dev diary, this week we will be going over some more changes included in the upcoming free update to Stellaris: Console Edition.

Precursor Spawning Changes

In previous versions, the Precursor spawning was fixed, meaning that each precursor would spawn in a specific slice of the galaxy, and we would often see people re-rolling their starts until they found the precursor event chain that they wanted.

This has now changed, and the Precursor spawning is now more random, and also more likely to spawn the “reward” system in your space, as opposed to in your arch-enemy’s space.

Planet Designations

Another new feature coming to Console Edition is the ability to choose a planet designation for your planets. Designed to reward those who specialize their planets, each planet designation offers bonuses to one specific aspect of the planet.

Assigning a planet as a Forge World, for instance, gives +25% Foundry Build Speed and -20% Metallurgist Upkeep. This designation can be automatically chosen as your planet develops, based on a number of factors, or can be manually chosen, so that Farming Planet #3 gets its bonuses right from the start.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

We’ve got a bit of red tape to cut through before we can tell you about next week’s Dev Diary topic, so stay tuned!

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
We’ve got a bit of red tape to cut through before we can tell you about next week’s Dev Diary topic, so stay tuned!
Why would that be? Aren't these dev diaries just lists of things that have been available for over a year on pc? Or is that going to change?

• 1Like
Reactions:

AC here, with another Console Edition dev diary, this week we will be going over some more changes included in the upcoming free update to Stellaris: Console Edition.

In previous versions, the Precursor spawning was fixed, meaning that each precursor would spawn in a specific slice of the galaxy, and we would often see people re-rolling their starts until they found the precursor event chain that they wanted.

This has now changed, and the Precursor spawning is now more random, and also more likely to spawn the “reward” system in your space, as opposed to in your arch-enemy’s space.

Planet Designations

Another new feature coming to Console Edition is the ability to choose a planet designation for your planets. Designed to reward those who specialize their planets, each planet designation offers bonuses to one specific aspect of the planet.

Assigning a planet as a Forge World, for instance, gives +25% Foundry Build Speed and -20% Metallurgist Upkeep. This designation can be automatically chosen as your planet develops, based on a number of factors, or can be manually chosen, so that Farming Planet #3 gets its bonuses right from the start.

View attachment 683378
View attachment 683379
View attachment 683380
View attachment 683381
View attachment 683382
View attachment 683383
View attachment 683384
View attachment 683385
View attachment 683386
View attachment 683387
View attachment 683388

View attachment 683389

I'm disappointed that there was only a few paragraphs time around but I'm counting on the next one making up for it

The changes to precursors doesn't sound like it's going to change anything in Singleplayer matches, and I don't see how spawn locations being more random stops players from restarting their save to get the right Precursor.

Planet designations should be cool. Rural planets are kind of whatever but by reduced upkeep, does it mean reduced mineral upkeep for complex jobs? If it does then that's amazing, if not then... nothing for me to be hyped about really. I'll take the extra build speed but a little less energy makes very little difference.

I don't see how spawn locations being more random stops players from restarting their save to get the right Precursor.
You won't know what precursor you got until later in the game, making you less likely to start a new one.

Reactions:
You won't know what precursor you got until later in the game, making you less likely to start a new one.
You're joking? So they're just punishing the player for having a lack of options?
As a GC, I cannot make Arcology planets for no reason other than "cuz we said so" and the only way to get them is to get lucky with a Precursor, now they're making it even harder to get them? Why?

• 1Like
Reactions:
You're joking? So they're just punishing the player for having a lack of options?
As a GC, I cannot make Arcology planets for no reason other than "cuz we said so" and the only way to get them is to get lucky with a Precursor, now they're making it even harder to get them? Why?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not like we can change it, we are just catching up to PC.

Reactions:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not like we can change it, we are just catching up to PC.

just hope for mods

mods can do practically anything

Most likely Tantalus will be working on wider changes to base game systems in preparation for (as yet unannounced on console) Federations DLC. Maybe even the hinted pop/building changes announced as coming with Nemesis on the PC, although I don't think that's super likely.

Still, they don't need always to wait till a specific DLC release to make improvements to the base game. Like how consoles also got the 2.2 update along with the Apocalypse DLC (2.0).

Most likely Tantalus will be working on wider changes to base game systems in preparation for (as yet unannounced on console) Federations DLC. Maybe even the hinted pop/building changes announced as coming with Nemesis on the PC, although I don't think that's super likely.

Still, they don't need always to wait till a specific DLC release to make improvements to the base game. Like how consoles also got the 2.2 update along with the Apocalypse DLC (2.0).
uh we we're on 2.2.7 (pc patch wise) when synthetic dawn came out

Planet Designations

View attachment 683378
View attachment 683379
View attachment 683380
View attachment 683381
View attachment 683382
View attachment 683383
View attachment 683384
View attachment 683385
View attachment 683386
View attachment 683387
View attachment 683388

View attachment 683389

Make multiplayer great on console

Reactions:
More players isn't something they can just snap into existence, that would be the end result of fixing game issues, like the in-game time, which we know is being improved on the new consoles, I'm not sure there's much that can be done on the last-gen consoles.
in-game time for sp is faster on the new consoles

but in mp it is the same as it is on the older systems [thanks to cross generational play]