• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you guys think this means that they won't have anything for Paradox Insider, or is it a "I can't confirm nor deny" kind of post?
Neither ...
Hardsuit labs is one company ... paradox is another company ... tweets that one company does have nothing to do with events other company create.
(yes i know they are conected, and yes i know PDX owns 1/3 of HSL, but that is not relevant here)

All HSL can do is provide PDX all info they ask for about Bloodlines ... and i believe they do that periodicaly all the time, to be completely honest i believe they have to, if they want to get payed. :D Then PDX decide with of them they want use for PDX-con ... but that is something HSL have nothing to do with. o_O

Neither ...
Hardsuit labs is one company ... paradox is another company ... tweets that one company does have nothing to do with events other company create.
(yes i know they are conected, and yes i know PDX owns 1/3 of HSL, but that is not relevant here)

All HSL can do is provide PDX all info they ask for about Bloodlines ... and i believe they do that periodicaly all the time, to be completely honest i believe they have to, if they want to get payed. :D Then PDX decide with of them they want use for PDX-con ... but that is something HSL have nothing to do with. o_O

I mean, I would expect them to know if they had to prepare material to be shown to the public (and that they would be told as much), although the final decision rests with Paradox. I guess it wouldn't be up to them to talk about it, though.

"Tidsschemat för Bloodlines 2 har påverkats av såväl personalavhopp som av pandemin. Förseningarna förde med sig att Paradox tog beslutet att anpassa spelet även för de nya konsolgenerationerna Playstation 5 och Xbox Series X som släppts i dagarna. Detta anpassningsarbete har i sig bidragit till förseningen av lanseringen."
=
The schedule for Bloodlines 2 has been affected by both staff dropouts and the pandemic. The delays led to Paradox making the decision to adapt the game also for the new console generations Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X which have been released recently. This adaptation work has in itself contributed to the delay in the launch.

It sounds like they are actively trying to not go the same route as CDPR did with CP2077, sure they have pushed it forward because of the new generation but they are not rushing anything

• 2Haha
Reactions:
It sounds like they are actively trying to not go the same route as CDPR did with CP2077, sure they have pushed it forward because of the new generation but they are not rushing anything
If that was all there is to it, the radio silence would be unnecessary, but we'll see what the future holds. I wouldn't mind being wrong about my suspicions. XD

I mean, I would expect them to know if they had to prepare material to be shown to the public
I bet they do. :)
although the final decision rests with Paradox.
Exactly ...
And that is the reason they cant talk about it.
I guess it wouldn't be up to them to talk about it, though.
Here im kinda lost ...
If you mean HSL as "them" then your are 100% right ...
If you mean PDX as "them" then you are 100% wrong ...

That is the difference between Publisher and Developer ... Developer is only hired to create product, nothing more, nothing less ... just as any employee in biger company. And as any other employee he is not alowed to talk about this product he is working on, until his Boss (Publisher in this case) say so.
And they usualy dont say so, bcs they pay other people to talk about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes i wonder how is it possible that we didnt seen litteraly any leaks so far ...
Either HSL is threatening its employees with a severe fine for violating the NDA, or it's probably the most loyal team I've ever seen. o_O

Also, Aaron, if you look through my post history, you can see I was one of the most staunch defenders of Bloodlines 2 & its development. It took months after the removal of Mitsoda for me to finally lose most of that hope I once had. I genuinely hope it will be restored in a month from now.
Ofc u and me both infact we created and posted stuff defending BL2 and keep people from loosing hope
if we get some info on BL2 that will be good ik for a fact ull be happy and back on the hype train if there i just hope u havnt given up on keeping an eye out for anything new about it

ill always do that even if u dont and pass any new info i learn about it to u and everyone els so
hope that helps ur a great guy and a good friend

in the meao time theres other good vampire games even ones that arnt vampire story based like skyrim have mods that turn vampires from lame to cool are enough to keep people like me busy till BL2 comes out but yea
it will come out eventualy

I bet they do. :)

Exactly ...
And that is the reason they cant talk about it.

Here im kinda lost ...
If you mean HSL as "them" then your are 100% right ...
If you mean PDX as "them" then you are 100% wrong ...

That is the difference between Publisher and Developer ... Developer is only hired to create product, nothing more, nothing less ... just as any employee in biger company. And as any other employee he is not alowed to talk about this product he is working on, until his Boss (Publisher in this case) say so.
And they usualy dont say so, bcs they pay other people to talk about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes i wonder how is it possible that we didnt seen litteraly any leaks so far ...
Either HSL is threatening its employees with a severe fine for violating the NDA, or it's probably the most loyal team I've ever seen. o_O
Im shocked there was a old BL2 gameplay video that showed 3d persion combat but why not try to fix it instead of removing it
they could have fixed it right?

If that was all there is to it, the radio silence would be unnecessary, but we'll see what the future holds. I wouldn't mind being wrong about my suspicions. XD

PDX is notoriously terrible at communicating with their customer base these days. They're also pretty tone deaf when it comes to what news people want to hear. Radio silence is practically the default.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
All that Hardsuit Labs Twitter post tells me is that the game is OFFICIALLY DEAD, & they're still just too scared to come out & say it. So glad I never succumbed to the urge to pre-order.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
All that Hardsuit Labs Twitter post tells me is that the game is OFFICIALLY DEAD, & they're still just too scared to come out & say it. So glad I never succumbed to the urge to pre-order.
This is a really over-emotional post. The game is still in development. There is absolutely no proof to the contrary. If you think that intentional, bad faith interpretations of tweets is proof of anything, then I would strongly recommend re-evaluating your standards of proof. I'm not saying this to be rude or anything like that.

If you need some help making a grounded interpretation of that tweet, I would be very pleased to assist everyone. Hardsuit Labs is not the publisher of this game. Marketing and public outreach is explicitly the job of the publisher. The publisher is Paradox Interactive. Why would Hardsuit go on twitter and intentionally step on the toes of their business partner? That doesn't make a lot of sense, now does it? No, it does not. Marketing is not spontaneous. It is a deliberately planned out process. Paradox knows when it will show new Bloodline 2 assets and it is unlikely to deviate from its own plans. You'll just have to keep being patient. If you try to go over the head of Paradox, like that guy on twitter did, Hardsuit isn't going to give you anything. They're too smart to fall for that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
This is a really over-emotional post. The game is still in development. There is absolutely no proof to the contrary. If you think that intentional, bat faith interpretations of tweets is proof of anything, then I would strongly recommend re-evaluating your standards of proof. I'm not saying this to be rude or anything like that.

If you need some help making a grounded interpretation of that tweet, I would be very pleased to assist everyone. Hardsuit Labs is not the publisher of this game. Marketing and public outreach is explicitly the job of the publisher. The publisher is Paradox Interactive. Why would Hardsuit go on twitter and intentionally step on the toes of their business partner? That doesn't make a lot of sense, now does it? No, it does not. Marketing is not spontaneous. It is a deliberately planned out process. Paradox knows when it will show new Bloodline 2 assets and it is unlikely to deviate from its own plans. You'll just have to keep being patient. If you try to go over the head of Paradox, like that guy on twitter did, Hardsuit isn't going to give you anything. They're too smart to fall for that.

Yeah gotta agree with the basic premise of one shouldn't expect anything from HLS twitter at the current moment. And that besides any current delay and percieved problems, there's no big proof of Paradox/HLS no longer wishing to finish Bloolines 2.

In regards to my voeral reasoning: Given that we've got pre-orders ongoing, you need to realize that it's a problem in different jurisdictions to sell something you're not willing to deliver (e.g. a project you no longer develop). Meaning if they decide to stop devlopment, they'd asap take down and refund pre-orders, unless Paradox itself was in a catastrophic state - which i doubt.

Reactions:
Ah, sorry, there is an exchange below that one, and someone asked if they were going to show anything at Paradox Insider, I was trying to make sense of the reply:

It just means that Hardsuit is developing. PR plans are handled by Paradox and will be the source of that sort of information. Nothing more and nothing less. The Hardsuit employee may or may not know the answer, but its not his place to say one way or another.

Reactions:
It just means that Hardsuit is developing. PR plans are handled by Paradox and will be the source of that sort of information. Nothing more and nothing less. The Hardsuit employee may or may not know the answer, but its not his place to say one way or another.
No one really expects a "spoiler" on twitter, but there are many ways to respond. The one used by HSL's Social Media Manager was certainly not the best. Sounds so much like "don't bother me"

Reactions:
Basicly Paradox is in charge of saying if the game is dead or not
not HSL? If so then we the game is still in dev lets not forget the PDX insider event
CDPR is getting alot of backlash not PDX infact no one is focused on them except us but i mean no videos of people ranting about them like CDPR so that gives them time wo feeling like there being rushed
i still have faith

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Basicly Paradox is in charge of saying if the game is dead or not
not HSL? If so then we the game is still in dev lets not forget the PDX insider event
CDPR is getting alot of backlash not PDX infact no one is focused on them except us but i mean no videos of people ranting about them like CDPR so that gives them time wo feeling like there being rushed
i still have faith

PDX owns at least 33% of HSL (having payed something like 2 million going by Wikipedia here) and likely funded most of the current development, which will likely have put some contractual obligation on HSL, so that they won't be able to simply step back without Paradox agreeing. So yes, i think it's Paradox calling the shots.

Reactions: