• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's a terribly long time, after all ?
I don't know, actually.
Me neither ... and that is my point.
Even if they are willing to invest more, and potentialy profit less in the short term ... there is allways certain amount of money they will be willing (or able) to spend.
(it may be one and half the originaly expected amount, it may be double, it may be triple ... but its certainly not infinite)
Once that point will be reached, the game will either be distribued no matter the quality, or cancelled, there is no other way.

Even if you want to create Franchise and i believe that they do ... concidering how many other games and stuff under WoD trademark is curently out there.
But unless they have multibillionaire maecenas who want this game to exist no matter the cost, they still need to keep an eye on their funds.
After all, you said it yourself @EvilHamster, Cyberpunk was also ment to start a Franchise, now it may not seem so bright ... and when that point im talking about will be reached, Managers in PDX silmply do the same as Managers in CDPR did ... shrug and say "well this didnt work out entirely as we planned".

And about Franchise, there is one more thing we should take under concideration ...
Sure, Bloodlines 2 would be massive support for that idea, but if they allready start the whole WoD Franchise, and it will be working even without Bloodlines 2 ... there is another point they can reach, and its the point where they no longer need Bloodlines 2, even for their long-term plans. :-/

I would never go so far to claim that Bloodlines 2 are lost cause, not yet ...
But right now im allready quite sure that re-start all the hype after all that happened in last half year, will be a lot harder, than if they were keeping us at least not-frustrated, if not happy ... and it will become harder and harder with every another day of silence ... until we reach the last point of wich i want to talk in this point ...
And that would be point, where we simply stop care about it anymore ... and even the best game in the world would need to work hard to be concidered at least mid-sucessfull, when you disapoint your fambase so much. :-/

Example: Since we allready used Cyberpunk as comparsion ...
Think about it as the day Cyberpunk was released ... it was full of bugs, it didnt reached many people expectations, it was fine game to be sure (at least i kinda liked it, but i was not exited about it so my expectations was not so unrealistic ... point for me) but nothing earthshaking ...
Now try to imagine that CDPR will post some statement (on forum, since as far as i know i dont remember any post on twitter, facebook, discord, youtube, twitch or official web, etc.), that can be sumarized as: "We dont like the negativity you showed us in your reactions, so we will not talk to you from now on."
And went to half-year silence, leting people guess what and if anything will happen next.
Do you really believe that Cyberpunk will be concidered as game that dissapointed many people, but in the end was kinda quite sucessfull? I dont think so. :-/

• 3Like
Reactions:
Now try to imagine that CDPR will post some statement (on forum, since as far as i know i dont remember any post on twitter, facebook, discord, youtube, twitch or official web, etc.), that can be sumarized as: "We dont like the negativity you showed us in your reactions, so we will not talk to you from now on."

Is that what HSL said?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ok heres my qustion

are the devs still working on the game or they siting around waiting on those empty roles to be filled?
Since there has been no official communication, no one here can answer that question definitively, but for those employees still on the project, I am sure that they are working on their allotted tasks.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Or even if we are suppose to expect anything ... i tryed to ask on Discord,

I start to think that every time someone asks about BL2 status, a little panda cub dies.

Anyway, we all know what we are waiting from that Pdox event.
And it rhymes with "Free" :cool:

In that case i have so many blood of panda cubs on my hands, so im probably the most important person of Seattle blood trade. o_O

• 1Haha
Reactions:
So far the only thing i was able to find out on Discord is the fact that March is actualy next month, not this one ...
Hate when this happens. -_- Sadly my language uses slavic month names (March = Březen ... so you can see there isnt much to hold on :D ), so i kinda never remembered this names. :D
Kinda embrarasing, but at least im a bit calmer now ...
Since i was this whole day living in the idea that Paradox Insider should start tomorow and we litteraly dont know anything about it. :D

BUT!
(And its not as big butt as usualy :p )
I have found there little something else:
unknown.png

This post was pined in Augus, somewhere around where Brian's firing was anounced ... and when silence started ...
Now why do i mention it? Funny you asked.
Pay attention to second half ... that line that is ending with smilie, crying blood tears ... especialy the sentence: "the game is at the end of its development cycle" ...

So that being said, half year ago ... from person who is in touch with development team and therefore it is conciderable as official info ...
I presume the answer for this threat can easily be: Not anymore. But not bcs they are canceling, but bcs its done.

Reactions:
And I thought the CK3 team's lack of communication was bad...

• 3Haha
Reactions:
And I thought the CK3 team's lack of communication was bad...
This Is what I mean when I said that 1 (one) month without DevDiary makes people upset when they are accustomed to receive news on weekly base since the CK3 announcement.

Last edited:
Pay attention to second half ... that line that is ending with smilie, crying blood tears ... especialy the sentence: "the game is at the end of its development cycle" ...

So that being said, half year ago ... from person who is in touch with development team and therefore it is conciderable as official info ...

Outstar has the role of "ministry of everything-is-going-well" . Seriously , what do you expect if not "The game is pure gold and it will rock! Hold on a little and you will see" ?

Probably her sentence could be better expanded into:

"The game is at the end of its FIRST development cycle. Now a second will start because we are changing and/or adding stuff and probably changing something in the overall vision, this because UX or other tech improvement/polish would not require a radical change in the Writers team or Creative director replaced"

I presume the answer for this threat can easily be: Not anymore. But not bcs they are canceling, but bcs its done.

Ah, your subtle irony ... :D

Last edited:
Outstar has the role of "ministry of everything-is-going-well" . Seriously , what do you expect if not "The game is pure gold and it will rock! Hold on a little and you will see" ?
I still remember rocks that was throwned at me, when i sugested something slightly simmilar, yet a lot ligher back in middle of 2020. :D
But yeah ... i didnt back then, and i still dont. :D

"The game is at the end of its FIRST development cycle. Now a second will start because we are changing and/or adding stuff and probably changing something in the overall vision, this because UX or other tech improvement/polish would not require a radical change in the Writers team or Creative director replaced"
It seem possible, sure ...
But also you added more than triple amount of text ... kinda lot to discover a hidden message. :D

Ah, your subtle irony ... :D
>:]

Paradox have several times now said that they want to make this into a franchise, so if they make a tiny loss on the first game in a huge franchise it wont be a problem, better to make a tiny loss in the beginning to later have an entire franchise that is a goldmine, and after how CPPR also wanted for CP2077 to be the start of a franchise but rushed it out the gates and are still adding fuel to the fire that is killing those chances...I can at least say that my hype for Bloodlines 2 have increased thanks to CP2077 as it shows that the radio silence is not an absolute bad.
I rather have silence and work done rather than constant updates and delays, crunch (CDPR: We wont do crunch) and a rushed bad game. But thats another story with CDPR, Paradox is a decent publisher with a great game catalog and some great studios. Their DLC policy aside, i dont have issues with them yet.

I call again on patience. I know it sucks, i hate repeating it but i simply havent looked into any VTMB2 related. I did play a bit of VTMB. There are other games to play or look at near releases for. Dont be hung up on 1 game thats a bit shaky atm.

• 1Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
This Is what I mean when I said that 1 (one) month without DevDiary makes people upset when they are accustomed to receive news on weekly base since the CK3 announcement.
Paradox like many studios these days, pampered their audience with constant updates. Now every gamer expects 100% transparency about every little thing thats going on. No, we dont have a right to information, its given to us as a gift. They dont owe us a thing. They could literally make them game quietly and a few month before release put out trailers and the like.

• 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I rather have silence and work done rather than constant updates and delays, crunch (CDPR: We wont do crunch) and a rushed bad game. But thats another story with CDPR, Paradox is a decent publisher with a great game catalog and some great studios. Their DLC policy aside, i dont have issues with them yet.

I call again on patience. I know it sucks, i hate repeating it but i simply havent looked into any VTMB2 related. I did play a bit of VTMB. There are other games to play or look at near releases for. Dont be hung up on 1 game thats a bit shaky atm.
That is your right, but I think more would like more news.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.