• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Less works were listed here than in previous years, but it appears that nearly half of them are newer works never having been voted on before in this process. So many congrats for that! Our winner won a pretty resounding victory, so let us get to it. Your Comedy AAR of the Year is...

Well done, TBC, and get well soon!

2nd place goes to -

And our bronze winner is a tie!

Five more received votes and they are:

Many congratulations to all of these AARs and writAARs and most especially to @TheButterflyComposer for a well deserved win! Our first this year from CKIII in these awAARds. :cool: Comedy is arguably more difficult than other forms and each one of you should be proud of your achievement. So step forward with your thanks and speechifying and all others come forward to offer your own congratulations. Next up will be Gameplay which will hopefully come before end of week. :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
A very worthy winner, and a fine field of runners up and other nominees. Always a good thing to see the lighter side of AARland represented with such good work!

Congratulations all round!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations dear @TheButterflyComposer for your first place and get well soon! Also congratulations all other nominees, and the voters, and @coz1 for organizing this all.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congrats to all the winners!

Reactions:
What an honour, for my first completed AAR too!

The aim of this AAR was comedic, as well as serving as a small tutorial/examination of CK3 on launch, so it is very pleasing for me that it's done so well on both scores.

I haven't had an AAR this critically well received since Albion in 2017, and ultimately I think this one was more enjoyable for me and readers. It also serves (a degree) of utility in demonstrating game mechanics and features, as well as a sounding board for everyone to natter about the new game, removed as it is from AARland...

Speaking of, it remains unclear what affect that separation is having on either side. From my perspective, it has not harmed AAR writing or reading in any ntociable way, as the CK3 section is popular and lively...and Ged won this award, and Q3/Q4, so at least some readers are coming over to the AAR subforms to vote/read other areas.

Time will tell what is in store regarding all that...and CK3 itself come to think. It's had an excellent first few months, and a huge launch. With reports coming in about the dev team growing and looking to produce content of various sizes, the future seems interesting, at least for this year.

Thank you all very much for voting this AAR Comedy of the Year. As I said, this was my first completed project, and I'm very pleased with it's success and popularity. CK3 is, so far at least, a viable and good successor to CK2 for gaming and for creative works.

Thanks again, and again, and happy reading!

-TBC

• 2Like
Reactions:
Ged's Nightmare may not have been fun for him, it surely was fun for us. Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer on obtaining the crown. (of Ireland)

Reactions:
Well done, all! Congratulations to all winners, and especially to PTM @TheButterflyComposer ! :D

Congratulations to @TheButterflyComposer ! Well deserved, for sure!

Congratulations dear @TheButterflyComposer for your first place and get well soon! Also congratulations all other nominees, and the voters, and @coz1 for organizing this all.

Congrats @TheButterflyComposer and all other winners and mentioned writers!

Ged's Nightmare may not have been fun for him, it surely was fun for us. Congratulations @TheButterflyComposer on obtaining the crown. (of Ireland)
Thanks all round.

Hopefully, ck3 continues to impress but we shall see...GEN now seems to serve as a ongoing commentary on ck3 news and development, whilst the story and vauge tutorial series continues with The Life of Brian.

• 1Like
Reactions:
T&T finishing Fourth in their final year, strangely appropriate. That said they would doubtless be pleased at not finishing dead last so, in true Slovak spirit, I must take my tiny victories where I can. :)

Congratulations to our winner, I think DB is being a bit generous when he says Ged was the lighter side as his Ireland does sound a bit hellish, but we got some laughs out of it along the way and is that not all that really counts?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations to our winner, I think DB is being a bit generous when he says Ged was the lighter side as his Ireland does sound a bit hellish, but we got some laughs out of it along the way and is that not all that really counts?
In Ged's time, Ireland is pretty great, provided you are Irish. Which almost everyone was, bar one city apparently. And they all mysteriously vanished after the conversion teams went there, so aside from dubliners, Ireland was pretty good in Ged's time.

After Ged's time, when the Irish properly get into the idea of 'living space', things do not go well for anyone who isn't Irish...yeah. It's a toss-up who suffers more, the other peoples of the Irish Isles (whom were the main focus of Irish conversion efforts), the English (for daring to fight back) or the Europeans (who just get enslaved).

Mind you, in the long run if this goes to EUIV, it's going to get a bit better for the Irish Isles (everyone there would be Irish by the 15th century) and a lot worse for Europe.

Fun times!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: