• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Can you give me the discord link?

2) Pls, more informations about Black Marsh/Argonia and Argonians as playable, argonian model (is possible use the skyrim model?) and more about Hist religion (I think that the three base should be Reincarnation, Sanctity of Nature and Carnal exaltation (Ok, it's a joke, "The Lusty Argonian Maid), and Communal Identity.

We're not working on Black Marsh just yet. There's also no Argonian model yet.

3) When will the mod be up?
When it's done.™
So don't expect it too soon. Total conversions take their time, as we're basically building an entire new game experience on the basis of ck3.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
So, artifacts will be as of versions of old - traits?
Second question - how much piety will be needed to switch between religions? (a table will be good)

Well, the Godherja team created artifacts and societies modules for CK3 already and released them as standalone modder's resources too. I'm sure the EK team would be allowed to use those if they asked, maybe they already have.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
You've said that you reverted the de jure situation from how it was in the CK2 mod, where each of Tamriel's provinces was a single kingdom, to each province being an empire with kingdoms corresponding to areas inside the provinces (a very welcome change in my opinion, it makes the provinces feel bigger and more important in my opinion).

I was wondering whether you're going to portray Cyrodiil as a single empire or if you're going to split it into Nibenay and Colovia since they used to be culturally distinct especially before the Third Era. Maybe something along these lines:

1611600803016.png
1611599322404.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
(This is Vivec) For those of you who haven't joined our discord, some of us have been enjoyed the creation of a few COAs, and I figured I could share them here as well, for those interested in that sort of thing, if you want earlier previews, you can usually find it on the discord.

teaser1.png

Eastern Skyrim, WIP
teaser3.png

Nord Reach
MarkarthKing.png

Cyrodiil
unknown.png

and of course we have a few dynasty COAs made as well.
teaser2.png

WIP Words
unknown.png

unknown.png

You can always find more of it on the Discord.

• 6Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
So, artifacts will be as of versions of old - traits?
Second question - how much piety will be needed to switch between religions? (a table will be good)

No plan for those just yet.

You've said that you reverted the de jure situation from how it was in the CK2 mod, where each of Tamriel's provinces was a single kingdom, to each province being an empire with kingdoms corresponding to areas inside the provinces (a very welcome change in my opinion, it makes the provinces feel bigger and more important in my opinion).

I was wondering whether you're going to portray Cyrodiil as a single empire or if you're going to split it into Nibenay and Colovia since they used to be culturally distinct especially before the Third Era. Maybe something along these lines:

View attachment 674826View attachment 674821

Even though the cultures of Cyrodiil were more distinct in the Second Era, the political entity wasn't. Cyrodiil is considered to be one Empire ever since Reman was the first to properly unite Colovia and Nibenay. So Cyrodiil in EK2 will be one Empire.
That doesn't mean that Colovia and Nibenay won't be formable though. More on that in the future.

• 3Like
Reactions:
DD - Culture
Hi everyone! Today we're back for another development showcase, this time about Cultures!

CULTURES:
Cultures in Elder Kings for CK3 have been changed in much of the same way as the faiths and religions. Most cultural hegemonies have been broken, and we've added new mechanics to ensure that the map retains some cultural diversity as the years and eras pass.

01_screenshot_culture_ck2.png

02_screenshot_culture_ck3.jpg

While in CK2 culture groups could rule over multiple provinces, we've decided to essentially make every culture in CK2 its own culture group. This means that the former Nedic group, which was composed of the Cyrodiilics, the Nords, the Bretons, and the Reachmen, will now be replaced by a Breton culture group, a Cyrodiilic culture group, a Nordic culture group, and a Nedic culture group.

The most obvious change will probably be in the province of High Rock. The home of the Bretons is known to be almost always ruled by petty kings, and a strong ruler unifying the province is the exception, rather than the rule. To help achieve it, and give some more life to the province, the former Breton culture has been made into its own culture group, and you can now find the Glenumbran, the Northmen, the Iliac, and the Bjoule.

03_screenshot_culture_hr_ck2.png

04_screenshot_culture_hr_ck3.jpg

The most observant in the crowd will probably spot the Balfieran and the Horsemen cultures, respectivelly part of the Altmeri and the Yokudan group.

However, this increased cultural granularity and diversity would be next to useless if the cultures could be wiped out in a few decades (as is the case in vanilla, and even with the harshest cultural conversion time game rules a single cultural hegemony often installed itself over Tamriel). To try and prevent this, we've decided to tie most cultures to one or several places in Tamriel, named a nativity region.

NATIVITY REGIONS:
A nativity region is effectively a part of Tamriel in which a culture can easily be spread. Trying to spread a culture outside of its nativity region (or regions), will take much longer than spreading it in its core homeland.

05_nativity_regions.png

From 1 to 12: Glenumbra, Rivenspire, Stormhaven, Wrothgarian Mountains, Bangkorai, West Ghost, Karth, Craglorn, White-River, East Ghost, Dark-Water, Solstheim.

06_culture_spread_penalty.jpg

But then, how can you hold on to the land you conquer? Well, you can always invite settlers natives from the region to at least make it so the province is part of your culture group - which should appease the tensions.
This is done through the Promote Local Culture Steward job, that works in very much the same way as the Promote Culture job from the same councillor. The only difference is that instead of spreading your own culture, you instead convert the province to a culture within your culture group that is native from the region.

07_spread_local_culture_job.jpg

Here, I am trying to convert the culture of a Mountain Orc county. Making it Glenumbran would take several decades, as my culture is not part of this nativity region.

08_glenumbran_nativity.jpg

So I can instead ask my Steward to promote a local culture, a culture within my culture group that is native to this region, in this case the Wrothgarian Mountains. It just so happens that the Northmen culture is native from here, so my steward will invite Northmen settlers and use them to make the province a bit easier to manage.

09_northmen_nativity.jpg

In the case that your culture group doesn't have a culture that is considered native from the place you're trying to convert, you will have no choice but to spread your own, at a much slower pace. Or you can install vassals sharing the province's culture.

Most of the time your culture nativity regions are fixed. But there are some cases in which a ruler can, with enough effort, expand its culture zone of influence.

10_turn_reach_nord_hold.jpg

But keep in mind that these situations will be very rare.

DEAD CULTURES:
Some culture groups have been present in Tamriel for a very long time, and may have even ruled over a significant portion of it. But that was ages ago, and now younger cultures have taken their place.
But that doesn't mean they are gone forever.

Among these people is the reworked Nedic culture group. The Nedic once ruled over most of Northern Tamriel, and they are nowadays pretty much only represented by the Reachfolk. But an ambitious and powerful Reachfolk ruler could study the lost traditions of the other Nedic tribes, and slowly revive them over time.
Among the lost Nedic people, the following can be rediscovered:
- The Galen (in most of High Rock)
- The Duraki (in Craglorn)
- The Kreath (in White-River)
- The Perena (in Colovia)
- The Gemha (in Nibenay)

The ancient tribes of the Kothringi in Black Marsh, and the Keptu in central Hammerfell are still alive when the game starts, but they hold far less land compared to the Reachfolk.

Some other culture groups will also be given dead cultures to revive, like the Ayleids. It should make for fun playthroughs, as you try to re-establish some long lost traditions and cultures over your people's former empire!

11_revive_keptu_culture.jpg

INNOVATIONS:
The world of TES is much unlike ours, but we've still tried to apply the CK3's standard over it.
We have divided the timeline in four broad eras, or ages:
- The First Era
- The Early Interregnum
- The Time of Pretenders
- The Unification Wars

As you can guess, the game will begin around the Interregnum, as the central authority in Cyrodiil crumbles, leaving most of the provinces broken and in constant struggle. As time progresses, warlords will conquer and unite their regions, until we can find strong regional hegemonies. But even these hegemonies will shatter, and at long last a powerful ruler might do what no one did before, and unify Tamriel...

Each of these eras will have most of vanilla's innovations, as well as some specifically made to represent the cultural progressions in Tamriel.

The closely guarded secret of the Moonstones in Alinor, the gradually increasing understanding, and power, of magic, and the Witch-Knights of the Reach are three examples of what we can represent with the innovations.

12_moonstone_armor.jpg

13_codified_magic_studies.jpg

14_witchknights.jpg

That is all for today! I hope you enjoyed this development showcase, and if you have any question about the cultures or other features, feel free to ask!

• 18Love
  • 14Like
Reactions:
I just want to throw my voice in with the people who saw the SVN situation as a significant barrier. It's like, listen, the internet already asks us to have 10,000 accounts and software installed for various things. The team was telling us to download this software just to play a single mod for a game. If we don't download it, we only get to play it once a year and only for two weeks. Only for two weeks because the ES mod devs would comically drop a public version right before a big update to the vanilla was scheduled to come out and break it.

I'm not saying release the SVN version to Steam every day you change a file or anything. The team definitely could have done 3 or 4 public releases a year, though, and refusal to do so was just stubbornness. Sorry if this is a little too blunt. I am trying to be constructive and not disrespectful.

Reactions:
I just want to throw my voice in with the people who saw the SVN situation as a significant barrier. It's like, listen, the internet already asks us to have 10,000 accounts and software installed for various things. The team was telling us to download this software just to play a single mod for a game. If we don't download it, we only get to play it once a year and only for two weeks. Only for two weeks because the ES mod devs would comically drop a public version right before a big update to the vanilla was scheduled to come out and break it.

I'm not saying release the SVN version to Steam every day you change a file or anything. The team definitely could have done 3 or 4 public releases a year, though, and refusal to do so was just stubbornness. Sorry if this is a little too blunt. I am trying to be constructive and not disrespectful.
Please keep this thread for discussion about Elder Kings for Crusader Kings III. The subforum for CK2 can be found here

Reactions:
NATIVITY REGIONS:
A nativity region is effectively a part of Tamriel in which a culture can easily be spread. Trying to spread a culture outside of its nativity region (or regions), will take much longer than spreading it in its core homeland.

View attachment 682066
From 1 to 12: Glenumbra, Rivenspire, Stormhaven, Wrothgarian Mountains, Bangkorai, West Ghost, Karth, Craglorn, White-River, East Ghost, Dark-Water, Solstheim.

This is such an elegant way of striking a balance between fantasy settings' typically more rigid cultural setups and the culture-conversion-crazy nature of Crusader Kings. While CK2 AGOT is a superb mod, I always had trouble picking between absolutely no culture conversion or completely unrestricted culture conversion. Hell, depending on how the nativity regions are designated I could even see a way that they could be made dynamic for migratory cultures and the like. Great work guys

• 1Like
Reactions:
This looks amazing and the Nativity Regions seem amazing. Just left me with 2 questions:

1. Do the Orcs get Nativity zones of their own and/or have the Orisnium decision turn its current zone into an Orcish nativity zone?

2. Is there any chance for more divisions of the Skyrim-local Nords, either in later releases or as emergent cultures? It feels like Whiterun, Falkreath and possibly The Rift would have a culture somewhere between ____marcher and Cyro-Nord

It's an easy install, and once it's done and you know how it works you get mod access all year round.
Also, you *can* roll back to a previous version. Not like that matters anyways, since ck2 died and will get nothing but security updates now.

Reactions:
It's an easy install, and once it's done and you know how it works you get mod access all year round.
Also, you *can* roll back to a previous version. Not like that matters anyways, since ck2 died and will get nothing but security updates now.

Please keep this thread for discussion about Elder Kings for Crusader Kings III. The subforum for CK2 can be found here

So what i think -
1)We need more culture innovations then CKIII.
2)When empires emerge old-style cultures appear. e.g - if Cyrodilic empire exists and Bretonnia is formed (even if it independent) - Imperial and Breton cultures are placed in culture group.
3)Please let there be a playable and landed Snow Elf (Gelebor), Ayleid, human culture remnant in Black Marsh (if kingdom is formed, this lost culture is "reunited" with other human cultures).
4)Aquiring Heart of Lorkhan as Nord will result in dilemma - switch to Lorkhan-Wulfhart worship, play as "simply immortal emperor" Wulfhart.
5)Question - daedric cultures...say smth about them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.