EUIV 1.30.5 Nakama is now Live on Steam! [checksum 76c9] - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've done multiple test games with different hosts. Even games with 10 players are literally unplayable, thank you paradox for completely killing multiplayer. Fix plz :).

• 3Like
Reactions:
A screenshot from my Discord

1613514637862.png

Attachments

• 1613502348840.png
    1613502348840.png
    278,3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
If you roll back to 1.30.4, can you still use steamworks integration?
This patch is just beyond retarded. "Great news, we removed the easy steam integration so now you can't invite your friends to the lobby any longer". And who thought it would be a good idea to lower the player limit to 32?

• 7Like
Reactions:
We have been asking for an MP patch for a long long time. I guess we should've known what we were gonna get, this broken patch that doesn't work and as of now will 100% kill eu4 MP. A 32 player limit kills competitive games, and I own a server that has 45+ players in competitive modded eu4 games and this patch is just sad for me. People put a lot of work into mp games, much more so than paradox does in their MP patches that's for sure. Anyhow if eu4 competitive mp dies I am uninstalling eu4 and every other paradox game and never buying a single paradox game again. I will also change my review from a 5 star to a 0 star. I was going to buy the dlc for my brother and friends, glad I waited Lol gonna save some money. Maybe I should be thanking paradox for giving me more time in my life and getting rid of an addiction. Thanks paradox I guess.
But dude now Paradox can sell their DLC on GOG in addition to Steam, you should rejoice!

• 4Haha
Reactions:
You should always finish save games on the previous version as unexpected things are known to happen.
For major patches, I do this. For minor ones, which many people may not even notice have happened, the onus should be on the game devs not to break the saves people have invested huge amounts of time into. Or failing that, to include a warning message as some have suggested when an incompatible save is about to be loaded.

When a new patch has aggravated your playerbase, I personally don't think "You should always jump through these hoops while playing our game because we consistently break it for you" is the right response, but you do you I guess.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Does anyone know whether rolling back to .4 and continuing with an MP game still works? I presume that uses the old MP backend and doesn't just .... all ongoing MP games?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should always finish save games on the previous version as unexpected things are known to happen.
To add another point to this - I have to assume that the majority of the playerbase of the game are not on the forums. They aren't seeing messages like these.

So if this piece of advice is so important that you say players should *always* do this, then that means you should 100% put that message in the game. Where the players will *always* see it. It shouldn't be some secret knowledge only given to those who take the time to come to the official forums and find it.

• 7Like
Reactions:
really sad that there aren't any competent devs left for EU4 and we're left with the interns
even Imperator is horribly broken (still, even with today's update)
it's time to roll back to the good old 1.28 and not bother with next updates anymore, seeing they just constantly break MP

• 4Like
Reactions:
really sad that there aren't any competent devs left for EU4 and we're left with the interns
even Imperator is horribly broken (still, even with today's update)
it's time to roll back to the good old 1.28 and not bother with next updates anymore, seeing they just constantly break MP
This same issue exists in CK3.

Though CK3 is a bit more stable than EU4 now. But same thing, you cant host a stable lobby in CK3 if you have more than 10-11 players.

It's this new system that's the problem "Nakama". I bet CK3 uses it too. Paradox wants to delegate MP maintenance to a third party company and doesn't care whether it works or not.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Great, now we have to log in as if the launcher wasnt horrible already its devolving even further. me and my friends regularly spend hours uninstalling and reinstalling mods and sometimes even entire games trying to get this thing to work with mods. in the end itll probably be the launcher that drives me to seek strategy games elsewhere.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
This update must have been a beta for some time first. I wonder when will paradox learn to test their updates and dlcs before releasing them. Multiplayer community had been asking paradox to fix multiplayer issues for years and now its even worse.

Reactions:
I am unhappy about this.
Now, when things break, I usually keep quiet and wait for a fix, but I feel I need to speak up for once.
Just note that I haven't played multiplayer at all yet, so I cannot attest for how broken it is, I assume the people who complained before me let you guys know just how dysfunctional you made the game this time.

Let's discuss the two biggest offenders, shall we?

- 32 player cap
Absolutely unacceptable. A lot lobbies with more people than 32 are created, and any matter of competitive game will frequently hit at least 40 concurrent players. Backtrack on this, for real. You'll drive away your most devoted players.

- In-game authentication with Paradox servers
Equally as unacceptable. No doubt done in an attempt to stem pirate copies of the game using the infamous "spacewar" exploit. Thing is, they'll work around it in no time while we're left with this aggravating inconvenience in our legit copies. Also backtrack on this. The reason people use Steam to play your games is to simplify their own lives.

I'm unhappy. I've been unhappy for a while. Things keep degrading for this game. It was a slow descent and I've been clinging on to hope that maybe this is the worst it would get, yet you manage to outdo yourself every time. Why does this keep happening?
Why do you keep giving us the impression that you're not in control of your own game?
First it was the launcher, and the launchers that came after that, it seems we get a new one every year now, and they're all equally as broken as the previous one. Do we really need it?
Then it was your game engine. Apparently you cannot make it so your game doesn't need a full restart whenever you back out of a game.

I love this game. I spent dozens of hundreds of hours on it. I want to like it for far longer still.
I only wish it wasn't slowly withering away on its death bed.

A shame.

• 14Like
Reactions:
For major patches, I do this. For minor ones, which many people may not even notice have happened, the onus should be on the game devs not to break the saves people have invested huge amounts of time into. Or failing that, to include a warning message as some have suggested when an incompatible save is about to be loaded.

When a new patch has aggravated your playerbase, I personally don't think "You should always jump through these hoops while playing our game because we consistently break it for you" is the right response, but you do you I guess.

I'm pretty sure HOI IV already had this kind of warning, they should just follow their example.

i have no idea who was in charge of that update but good job.
Hosts out of synch , game crashes , id too long to be entered and scan internet barely refreshing. its actually impressive how unplayable it is! Well done !
i saw earlier someone mentionning the number bug , its still here and was never fixed as well
the mp community has the most active players and i think we deserve some respect and an apology for this well "garbage"
hey at least we saved 20 bucks , no need of the next dlc if we all have to stay on 1.30.4

• 1Like
Reactions:
I guess we’re all saving €20 since there is no way we should actually get the DLC if this is the direction the game is taking.

Paradox, roll back to 1.30.4 and beta test 1.30.5 more before you re-release it. Show your customers and fans you care, just this once, for the love of god.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.