EUIV 1.30.5 Nakama is now Live on Steam! [checksum 76c9] - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that. Unfortunately, even after reverting to 1.30.4, my ironman save still has achievements disabled. :/ That's ten hours of my recent playtime wasted...
Is that after receiving the notification in 1.30.5?
Because I don't think non-eligible save games become eligible again when resuming with a different patch...

Because I don't think non-eligible save games become eligible again when resuming with a different patch...
If you don't notice update (this one had like 6Mb) and start playing ironman will naturally overwrite your save for new version. That will make your save ineligible for achievements in previous versions as well. And so you end up screwed in both versions. Hours of game wasted. Pissed off and angry. People who suffer like that are what dictatorships are made of.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Does that mean that events (i.e. not the player directly) may add privileges beyond four (I'm primarily thinking of Polish events)?
Yepp

• 2Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
so this'll break 1.30.4 saves?

You should always finish save games on the previous version as unexpected things are known to happen.

Very nice.Paradox Multiplayer.SInce it no longer depends from Steamworks,do you plan a GOG and Plaza release as well?
Thanks for any replies about this.

We are always looking into new opportunities :)

I've found a problem
I've hosted a game yesterday (as observer cause I could not participate) and I was not able to send any kind of message, global or whisper.

Could this be fixed?

That should be before the patch, so maybe Nakama sorted it for you?

Sooo, does that mean multiplayer games and lobbies are more stable now? Less issues with hotjoining and stuff?

That is the hope! But most importantly - the developers should be able to focus on more fun stuff

• 2Like
Reactions:
This was after not noticing the tiny update that happened overnight, and launching the game.

Seriously, what with Paradox' cavalier approach to breaking save compatibility coupled with them insisting on locking achievement behind ironman, I am driven to do safety measures like taking hourly snapshots of my save game dir. I'm not even feeling bad for save-scumming, as I'm just fixing a problem I am not responsible for causing.

Would it be so hard to add a simple "loading this savegame will break it" confirmation dialog?

Reactions:
So EU4 and DLCs can finally release on GOG. What a day!

Reactions:
Good Morning Johan and every other Paradox team members,

a lot of people, me included, are worried about the new Multiplayer UI showing the player slot to be 1/32,
Is that a permament change from the 1/256 or is that just a UI error.
I hope if the first is true, that you reconsider making the player slots atleast 1/64 to allow organised MP games to be played.

• 2Like
Reactions:
If you use a 4k interface mod, it's impossible to join MP games. The new ID's are just too long.
Lobby MP's simply don't work- a gamebreaker for a MP patch (or any patch really).
Any game has 50% of players desyncing in game start, needing a rehost.
Lobby list displays a max of 32 players, hopefully it's just a UI bug, otherwise it makes any semi large MP impossible.

All in all, nice :p

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Having a small easy to miss patch breaking achievements without any warning is a really bad idea tbh. At the very least there should be a popup warning about incompatible version when starting the game (one does not seem to show if you just click to continue the current game). I'm pretty sure quite a few people lost their saves since it's easy to miss that the Achievement was icon suddenly greyed out.

Also, at least for me reverting to previous version doesn't even seem to work this time, previously I haven't had any issues with it (using the 30.4 save, not one modified by the 30.5 version). Not sure if other that's a common issue though or just some weird glitch.

Reactions:
I'm sorry if it's supposed to be on support page or the question is outright silly. There are two old versions on steam; "1.30.4 old version" and "public beta 1.30.4"

Are they the same checksum? Which one should I have to choose in order to continue my previous (but awesome) Sweden campaign?

Having a small easy to miss patch breaking achievements without any warning is a really bad idea tbh. At the very least there should be a popup warning about incompatible version when starting the game (one does not seem to show if you just click to continue the current game). I'm pretty sure quite a few people lost their saves since it's easy to miss that the Achievement was icon suddenly greyed out.

Also, at least for me reverting to previous version doesn't even seem to work this time, previously I haven't had any issues with it (using the 30.4 save, not one modified by the 30.5 version). Not sure if other that's a common issue though or just some weird glitch.
Reverting to previous version only works if your game wasn't saved in the newer version. If it saves then your save will become incompatible with both versions and there is no fix.
Took me 9 years today to realize that game had update and Achievements got screwed ;P It's easy to notice big patches but this small patch was a silent killer that destroyed over 20 hours I poured into my Austria game. I'm relieving this drama entire day.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.