Imperator Developer Diary 2.0 : Change Log

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fixed infants ... being used as scapegoats in trials
I don't know, I think if a character is insane that should still be a perfectly valid, if kind of nuts and unlikely to work, option. Also babies are super sus.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Does this mean conquering a small number of territories in another province is bad because the governor the extra province will require will cost more than the territory produces?

It is at least a slightly disincentive factor, but 0.2% is very moderate and I assume it is more of a balance factor to gold costs, as levie-based warefare means no Generals (which cost 2.0% of the national income each)

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Arheo

We can support pretenders but can we support foreigners that flee to our court? Can we use them as pretext to war?
That is already possible - you sometimes get an event about a foreigner with claims on distant lands and if you grant him refuge, you can use his/her claims to conquer that lands. Not sure if (or can't remember that) I have done that or suceeded with it, so I can't say exactly what happens then. Probably the mechanics aren't as refined as they are in CK3, so this could be an area to imrpove IR.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That is already possible - you sometimes get an event about a foreigner with claims on distant lands and if you grant him refuge, you can use his/her claims to conquer that lands. Not sure if (or can't remember that) I have done that or suceeded with it, so I can't say exactly what happens then. Probably the mechanics aren't as refined as they are in CK3, so this could be an area to imrpove IR.
Yeah. I know of the territory claims, but that isn't quite what I'm getting at. I'm talking about getting a foreigner fleeing to your court, ex. Pyrrhus ending up in Egyptian court then being restored to Epirus by Egypt.

From my understanding, you can only support pretenders that are still within the target nation.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah. I know of the territory claims, but that isn't quite what I'm getting at. I'm talking about getting a foreigner fleeing to your court, ex. Pyrrhus ending up in Egyptian court then being restored to Epirus by the Egypt.

From my understanding, you can only support pretenders that are still within the target nation.

I never tried it, but wouldn't supporting a pretender that has fled to you basically ammount to reconquering that land and then give it to the pretender, turning him into a client/vassal?
I mean, if he had enough support to actually start a civil war or a rebellion he would not have fled..

Reactions:
I never tried it, but wouldn't supporting a pretender that has fled to you basically ammount to reconquering that land and then give it to the pretender, turning him into a client/vassal?
I mean, if he had enough support to actually start a civil war or a rebellion he would not have fled..
[Addressing first statement] No. It would be more along the lines of CK3 claim to kingdom or empire. You fight a war to place your backed "pretender" on the throne of the whole kingdom.

[Addressing fled statement] In game logic? Yes, unfortunately. In history? Not necessarily. Often a pretender fled to another state for safety and to marshal an army and mercenaries. This doesn't mean he/she did not have significant support, it could be that the pretender need to time to muster their forces, was in a precarious/vulnerable position, etc. Think of fleeing to foreign nation as establishing a safe base of operations, until the pretender and his benefactor felt ready to fight a civil war.

is this a valid roman numeral? o_O

Are you questioning blessed Ptolemy, chosen successor of Alexander the Cool and god-king pharaoh of Egypt? Yup, that's a flogging offense.

• 5Haha
Reactions:

It's a pity that that event is useless and always on characters from irrelevant countries all the way acroos the map you havent even heard of or you wont ever reach.

Never a handy claim on a nearby nation.

At least that's been my experience

• 1Like
Reactions:
it heads in right direction, but an estimated 3 major overhauls are needed

I wholeheartedly agree. This patch looks amazing, but I can't see myself being totally immersed in the game until they improve the trade/economy and political aspects vastly. But considering the extreme improvements this dev team has achieved, I'm sure we'll get there eventually. Hopefully within the year if they keep up these huge quarterly updates.

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A big 2.0 update and not a single note about multiplayer? This seems to be the new trend with the new paradox titles, totally ignoring MP issues. I mean you couldn't even add a chatbox at least? If you're not going to properly support multiplayer might as well remove the feature in your future titles not to mislead people who are interested in MP into buying your games and expecting it to be supported.
I think they have had MP in mind with the whole revision. I will pay attention to MP games after 2.0, but please tell us after you try 2.0 what is your impression about how MP game play experience has changed.

Reactions:
Looks very interesting - for someone who spent the last few days trying to get the basics down - looks like a lot of re-learning is in order.

Looked at Egypt and a barbarian country. Seeing both helped understand quite a few things - that the patch notes change.

The 150/200 for the buildings is going to be difficult for barbarians (up from 90 or 120 iirc) - especially if the ability to get income has been reduced. And, makes the cost of 'creating' a city, relatively, much less.

Might have made more sense to have build-cost related to 'civilization' aka 'technology' level. While the name is the same, the cost to a culture might not be.

Will be interesting to compare.