• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is 1944, I finally got Bitter Peace, I control all of Europe, but is there any chance I can still get Spain (and Portugal?) into the Axis? Or do I need to invade them?

I just want to capture Gibraltar.

Kerensky leading SU for the while is just a bug.

About Spain:
Code:
#### The Second Meeting at Hendaye
event = {
    id = 1000737
    random = no
    country = GER

decision = {
        NOT = { alliance = { country = ENG country = SPA } }
        NOT = { alliance = { country = GER country = SPA } }
        NOT = { war = { country = GER country = SPA } }
        NOT = { war = { country = GER country = SOV } }
        war = { country = GER country = ENG }
        event = 1000601 #Victory parade in Berlin
    }

decision_trigger = {
        garrison = { country = -3 province = 67 size = 3 } #Garrison border of France and Spain
        garrison = { country = -3 province = 83 size = 3 }
        garrison = { country = -3 province = 80 size = 3 }
    }

trigger = {
    }

name = 1000737name
    desc = 1000737desc
    style = 2
    picture = "hendaye2"
    decision_picture = "hendayedecision"

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1939 }
    offset = 30
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1999 }

action = {
        name = 1000737a
        ai_chance = 100
        command = { type = alliance which = SPA } #Entry into the Axis
    }

action = {
        name = 1000737b
        ai_chance = 0
        command = { }
    }
}

And IIRC there's also chance for the Spanish to jump into Axcis when you invade Britain. Last, but not least, if you just want to take out Britain, you could also ignore Spain at all, as during "Collapse of the British Empire" chain said province might fall straight into Spanish hands (this is not guaranteed, though).

Is there a way to aquire allied conquered lands(from a nation not yet annexed?)

claim the territory you want, then the IA should give it to you if it has no relation with when at peace.
It also help to liberate countries with core on them

Last edited:
Kerensky leading SU for the while is just a bug.

About Spain:
Code:
#### The Second Meeting at Hendaye
event = {
    id = 1000737
    random = no
    country = GER

decision = {
        NOT = { alliance = { country = ENG country = SPA } }
    }

decision_trigger = {
        garrison = { country = -3 province = 67 size = 3 } #Garrison border of France and Spain
        garrison = { country = -3 province = 83 size = 3 }
        garrison = { country = -3 province = 80 size = 3 }
    }

trigger = {
    }

name = 1000737name
    desc = 1000737desc
    style = 2
    picture = "hendaye2"
    decision_picture = "hendayedecision"

date = { day = 0 month = january year = 1939 }
    offset = 30
    deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1999 }

action = {
        name = 1000737a
        ai_chance = 100
        command = { type = alliance which = SPA } #Entry into the Axis
    }

action = {
        name = 1000737b
        ai_chance = 0
        command = { }
    }
}

And IIRC there's also chance for the Spanish to jump into Axcis when you invade Britain. Last, but not least, if you just want to take out Britain, you could also ignore Spain at all, as during "Collapse of the British Empire" chain said province might fall straight into Spanish hands (this is not guaranteed, though).

I've already taken out Britain, and held the victory parade in Berlin after the Bitter Peace. I don't see any decision for the second meeting. Should I just garrison the border with Spain and see what happens?

Canada owns Gibraltar.

What is the easiest way to take out the British Raj? The break-up of the British Empire... for some reason... had zero effect on it. No internal revolts, nothing. In fact they ended up spamming more soldiers than I thought was normal. Do I really need to march into Delhi to break up the Raj?

Britain (as a country) should exist and you have to put army along border with Spain. If Britain was annexed, then either you ask (even by cheating) the Spanish to join the alliance or invade them.

Raj is unaffected by the collapse; you have to invade it to take it out.

Solved the no nuke problem. In db/tech/ open secret_weapons_tech and CTRL F nuke.

Under nuclear waste bomb you'll see

{ #command = { type = enable_task which = nuke }

Remove the # and you'll now be able to nuke upon researching.

**Won't work if you've already researched the waste bomb tech. In that case edit the save game

• 1Like
Reactions:
How on earth do I end the war with Canada and the British Raj? (Playing as Germany)
I've conquered ALL their major cities, but they keep pushing back their capital each time I take it. Do I need to conquer ever square inch of India and Canada to force them to capitulate?

Am I supposed to just use the "liberate Nation" option in the Diplomacy screen? Is there no special event for the dismantling of the British Raj (which also conquered Iran by the way)?

How on earth do I end the war with Canada and the British Raj? (Playing as Germany)
I've conquered ALL their major cities, but they keep pushing back their capital each time I take it. Do I need to conquer ever square inch of India and Canada to force them to capitulate?

Am I supposed to just use the "liberate Nation" option in the Diplomacy screen? Is there no special event for the dismantling of the British Raj (which also conquered Iran by the way)?
you have to conquer all victory points and annex them.

Conquer them and annex them.
Canada: after you defeat USA you get event what to do with CAN.
India: IIRC you get decision to liberate them (maybe having Afganistan allied/subjugated is required, I don't remember).

Conquer them and annex them.
Canada: after you defeat USA you get event what to do with CAN.
India: IIRC you get decision to liberate them (maybe having Afganistan allied/subjugated is required, I don't remember).
I never declared war on the US. Do I really need to declare war on them, then to deal with Canada?

I never declared war on the US. Do I really need to declare war on them, then to deal with Canada?
They should dow you when you (personally, so no Italian conquest of Canada or something like that) land somewhere in America. And even if they ignore you, you can always dow them anyway. Yes, you need US capitulation to get event about Canada.

Fantastic mod. I've been on and off playing dh and mods for years. It's better than the new HOI's in my humble opinion.

I'd like to report one bug involving the capture of leningrad. I'm playing as Germany and I get an event maybe a week after conquring lenningrad that the Soviets have liberated it which they have not. I dont think its a big deal but it gives me a 3% dissent hit and I'm wondering if it could potentially mess up the bitter peace? I have leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad and Baku

Thanks for such a great mod though.

Further edit. I just recieved the bitter peace. So that event glitch doesn't affect it.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Is there any plans for an event if D-day fails and the USSR are defeated for a white peace? Or a "western bitter peace". I've been resisting an onslaught of American, Canadian and British troops. I've literally destroyed at least 100 of their divisions with air strikes and naval counter attacks. I'm playing version 2.2 but I think it's very unrealistic that the western allies keep throwing armies at a meat grinder.

Is there any plans for an event if D-day fails and the USSR are defeated for a white peace? Or a "western bitter peace". I've been resisting an onslaught of American, Canadian and British troops. I've literally destroyed at least 100 of their divisions with air strikes and naval counter attacks. I'm playing version 2.2 but I think it's very unrealistic that the western allies keep throwing armies at a meat grinder.
No. You have to conquer UK, wait for their annexation by one of their Allies and then wait for random US event about preace with Germany.