When will Monarchs Journey cosmetics be released for everyone?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Almas

First Lieutenant
16 Badges
Oct 19, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II
Hi,

Towards the end of CK2s lifecycle there was the monarchs journey event that allowed the players to unlock cosmetics for CK3 upon completion of different challenges. I remember that one of the community managers said, that those will be unlocked for everyone after some time. Could somebody from PDX comment on when that will be? :)

Best regards

• 5Like
Reactions:
Unfortunately you know as much as we do, only that it will unlock at some point.

My guess is that they will release/unlock it whenever they release the next DLC (the flavour pack)

I believe they said they'll be released as paid content rather than free. I guess it'll be a while - as as they'll want it to be Monarch-Journey-exclusive for a bit.

I acutally found the post after a quick google search :)
Hello there,

Sorry it took me some days to reply here as I was gathing as much details as possible beforehand.
I can confirm that these cosmetic rewards (earned from playing Monarch's Journey's challenges) will be available for free at a later date after launch.
Though, we want to keep the surprise and we won't unveil them before the release, we can't wait for you to discover them in-game! :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think that's a reference to them being available for free to those who completed the Monarch's Journies in CK2, no?

This thread is about when they'll be available to those who didn't complete the Monarch Journies in CK2 isn't it?

No, he wrote in the second post of the thread "Edit: Regarding the MJ's items & base game / royal edition cosmetic items, I should be back shortly with an answer."

Than he wrote the post i quoted above, where he wrote
"I can confirm that these cosmetic rewards (earned from playing Monarch's Journey's challenges) will be available for free at a later date after launch."

To me it seems, that these items are timed exclusives that will be available for free for everybody after some time. And i started the thread to ask the question of when we will receive them, since half a year has passed already since release

Reactions:
No, he wrote in the second post of the thread "Edit: Regarding the MJ's items & base game / royal edition cosmetic items, I should be back shortly with an answer."

Than he wrote the post i quoted above, where he wrote
"I can confirm that these cosmetic rewards (earned from playing Monarch's Journey's challenges) will be available for free at a later date after launch."

To me it seems, that these items are timed exclusives that will be available for free for everybody after some time. And i started the thread to ask the question of when we will receive them, since half a year has passed already since release

Hmm. I'm not sure. My reading of that thread is that Nicou is answering a question about how people who've completed the Monarch Journies will get access their cosmetics when CK3 launched. I could be wrong though.

Reactions:
Considering that the items were already clearly stated to be free for those who earned them and were available upon release of the game rather than at a later date, it is very likely that the quote is referring to making them available to everyone for free at a later date. Edit: Though, after pulling up the thread being quoted, that does appear to be specifically related to the people who unlocked them, so maybe that's not correct.

Reactions:
Does anyone know what those cosmetic items are?
  • Female
  1. Hair: Miller (and Miller Highlights)
  2. Hair: Jeanne d'Arc
  3. Headgear: Hennin
  • Male
  1. Hair: Mullet
  2. Hair: Pageboy
  3. Beard: Wizard's Beard
  4. Headgear: Chaperon
  5. Headgear: Jester's Hat

Reactions: