• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the list of features, but I notice you didn't list the ability to summon giant aquatic reptiles in the content for the expansion. Is this an oversight, and will this be addressed in future dev diaries?

• 9Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A bit confused, it's written in Steam post that there'll be "new religions" with this expansion, does that point out to new mechanics for existing religions that we saw in earlier DDs or are we going to see new religions?
Australia gets its own religion this patch, look at the religious map mode image for the SEA diary to see it

• 2Like
Reactions:
Will the content pack (music and unit models) be sold seperately or will they be apart of the Expansion itself?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I will buy Leviathan for the South East Asian content.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I've been waiting an eternity for this, it's so nice to have it finally mentioned, even if there are no details! I just hope some if not all the issues below are addressed if not made obsolete by new mechanics:
Oh god yes, I've been waiting to get the inevitable Colonial Nation update for a while. Ever since every update started slipping in a new CN.
Lots of new unit-graphics.
I pray to the heavens for a new generic east asian unit model. was hoping we'd see all the generic models updated after the Denmark patch, but so far all we've got in terms of new generics since then are the Japanese generic units. East Asian, Islamic, and Eastern European are by far the most in need of this imo.

Reactions:
I will buy this DLC just like all the others and will enjoy it like the others. I am approaching 3800 hrs and I still love this game.

I never hesitate to buy content for EU and CK games.

• 4Like
Reactions:
You've also forgot to mention changes to Zoroastrian and Sikh faiths. Are they free or are they included into Expansion?

• 1Like
Reactions:
What about asking for core province being returned and offering relative as an heir as opposite diplomatic options to giving core province and asking for relative as an heir? Perhaps a province swap where both parties have each other's cores might be an interesting option.

Reactions:
Sometimes people here are like a man dying of thirst who is handed a canteen of water and they complain it isn't chilled.

$20 every 6 months or so is factions of a penny per hour of game play for most players. If you are going to "boycott" all of this content because a feature is not free, your choice and your loss. I will happily pay @Johan and crew my money for Leviathan.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Australia gets its own religion this patch, look at the religious map mode image for the SEA diary to see it
Yup, Aussies have their own religion.

vb-cans.jpg

This is what paradox mean, right?

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Tbh, my own views on Paradox DLC policy is that I consider it like a MMO.

I mean, the amount of hours I play PDX games is easily tenfold what I invest in any single player game even the longest ones, so even though total EUIV DLC price is a few hundred bucks without sales, given the fact I played for like 2'000 hours over the 7 last years, I think I'm okay with paying whatever Paradox asks me to pay.
As long as they introduce new things which makes me want to replay a whole campaign with a tag I already played, and not just 3 magic buttons GC-style, of course.

Hell, I even buy Unit packs, even though I already played a whole day with all my Unit packs DLC disabled without noticing it before the end
Cannot agree more.
As I see it with all PDX games - you either buy all of DLCs whatsoever (yes, even Sunsen Invasion :p ) or just don't bother.

On a side note - why we draw the line on 'carpet siege should be free patch'? Maybe regencies stuff should also be 'free'? Mission trees (they already inttroduced bunch of Asian trees for free before, why not now also)?
Deep inside, I don't get why PDX at all still maintains all this 'free patch' stuff for a decade old game :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
For the expansion:

Are there also events for the construction of the monuments? Or for the monuments themselfs? Or for specific monuments? (espc. if I conquer one?) - that would be so nice, as it opens so many possibilities

For the free patch:
it would be cool if you would revisit the mercenary numbers. It feels crazy to have at some point just 60k or bigger merc stacks to recruit (besides that its totaly unrealistic) it would be great to lower that number, and have in the later times at least some smaller merc stacks to deal with smaller things, and not pay 4k for a one time use merc stack, that is needed to dispand afterwards.

And while you add again dozents of new provinces and tags (where I don't allways see the use in - like imperator colors...) it would be very nice QoL to get the "annex all" button back in our lifes...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Its not a QoL only, as it has a lot of AI logic for it.

It has been Paradox policy since 2006 that features for expansions should be QoL, flavor or give the player more power. No matter how much complaints we get about it, its sadly the fact that its the most popular features that people are most willing to pay for.

If you wonder why we still make expansions for EU4 8 years after release, its due to that policy.

Thanks for the clarification @Johan

I must admit that I didn't realise that PDS policy was for QoL to be in expansions... from my previous reads of the expansion policy I'd assumed expansions to be features and flavour, with the patch being bug-fixing and QoL... but that's more likely to be my selective memory than anything else :)

Your signature link on the Patching and Expansion Policy seems to be broken... by some bizzare twist of hte interweb the only remaining trace seems to be on the total war forum. Given there is ongoing murmuring about PDS policy, I think having the link in your signature is useful.

(On a totally unrelated topic, is there any plan to fix the Random New World trade network display? RNW trade was my favourite part of the game, but its been broken for a long time now :(

Reactions: