• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I shall look for the interwiev where i heared that ... but until i found it here is another source:

//edit:
So far i kinda failed, but i have found this tweet from Hardsuit Labs ... so i presume it dont get any more official:

Thanks, even if I am in the minority here with my opinion - but I think that paying 60+ € for a 30 Hour game is too much.
For it to be worth the money, in my opinion, there has to be multiple endings and different paths so that there is a modicum of replay value.

Thanks, even if I am in the minority here with my opinion - but I think that paying 60+ € for a 30 Hour game is too much.
For it to be worth the money, in my opinion, there has to be multiple endings and different paths so that there is a modicum of replay value.
Well yes, i believe (read as: hope) so they were merely talking about single playthrough ...
That may seem like not much. :-/

But! (and once more its a big butt)
Concidering that we will have 5 clans, 5 factions, 5 blood resonances, hopefully at least 5 potential backstories, and if im not misstaken at least 5 different social interactions (persuation, intimidation, seduction, bribing, domination, and simple talks not tied to any skills) ... not even concidering options to skip that interaction with firing from gun, attacking npc on meele, or sneaking around.
Then we were promised that any of those choices actualy DO matter, and will alter our game experience a lot ... i mean, we hear talks like this in every single RPG for last decade, and in the end it often means single sentence comenting what you are before you are send to generic conversation that is allways the same no matter who or what you are :-/ ... but on the other hand we were specificly told by Florian i believe it was in Tremere Introduction stream, that Brujah will be able to litteraly punch through walls, wich will be way to acess some quests and areas in the way that no else clan will be able to ... so there is hope. :D

So if those things will really alter gameplay as much as we were told ...
I believe its fair to say that full gameplay, not completionist tho, just story for all factions and all clans ... can reach over 100 hours quite easily ... and that is a lot. :D

I believe its fair to say that full gameplay, not completionist tho, just story for all factions and all clans ... can reach over 100 hours quite easily ... and that is a lot. :D

Yes, but it is, under these circumstances (Devs going to ground and no communication for the last 6 months), a very big IF. As much as I would like to believe that it will have this type of replay ability I have my doubts.
If they incorporate Clan specific Quests which you could only get from your Clan regent, or Coterie (depending which type you join/build) then it would go a long way to alleviate the 'short' main story and increase the replay value.
Maybe it is just due to the change in personnel, but somehow I don't think that they will do anything like this, as this is not something you can just do in a couple of months. At least I have read nothing alluding to something like it.

Last edited:
That is also true ...
And i never said, nor believed that is something that would be done in "couple of months" ... it certainly can be finished in "couple of months" tho, if that was someting they were doing all those years. :)

I dont talk here about odds, i just list options. :D
But i would gladly came back to this once we get something about the game, and have at least some idea of what they did. :D

That is also true ...
And i never said, nor believed that is something that would be done in "couple of months" ... it certainly can be finished in "couple of months" tho, if that was someting they were doing all those years. :)

I dont talk here about odds, i just list options. :D
But i would gladly came back to this once we get something about the game, and have at least some idea of what they did. :D
As it stands, due to my hiatus in this forum for more than a year, YOU are my main source of information. ;)
The reason why I say in a couple of months is because of the new hire in the Story/Quest department, I gave Andromeda a miss but I assume that she will be busy editing any previous writing to meet suit her taste and have the game rewritten, and if I was in her shoes and was going to have such a system in the game, I would definitely tell everybody about it to 'show' the Fans what they can look forward to apart from the main story, wouldn't you?

I am still hopeful that this Game will turn out to be a good and worthy sequel to BL1, but it depends on my mood of the day.

Oh that is nice, thank you. :D Maybe paradox will hire me as Comunity Ambasador. :D
I certainly would ... but im affraid that is not just up to her. :-/

In fact, as far as i know she is somewhere in middle of this foodchain ...
She was hired to write some story, maybe edit a bit what was allready written, and keep an eye on other people who are writing some minor thigs to fit the setting.
When she is done, she give her boss her work and her boss decide if that is fiting his expectations, or if there is some editation needed.
And that is all she can do. :-/ She cant tell us what she did, bcs there is NDA (?) ... and therefore its people on top of this imaginary foodchain, who decide what and if anything will be revealed. The only other chances are leaks, but not everyone wish to risk his work just to give bunch of dissatisfied fans some hope. :-/

Last edited:
I do understand the Devs and or the Editors not having the time to come and chat with the forum the whole time , but surely someone could take a couple of hours to post something here, It's not as if that many people will see it.

PDX is an experienced Company, and I have experienced several Game releases from & by them and at no time was it this quiet for so long - this is why I am of the opinion that the Devs going to ground is a bad sign for this game.

Last edited:
surely someone could take a couple of hours to post something here,
As i said, its not matter of time ...
If time would be the only obstacle, there was multiple other options to tell us anything ...
They simply choose to stop talking to us, and forbid everyone involved from doing the same ... the only hope we have is that they either reconcider, wich seem unlikely, or that there will be some leaks. :-/
It's not as if that many people will see it.
Yup ... but that is sadly another reason for not doing that, hardly worth the risk of pissing off the boss.

Reactions:
To be honest, I doubt that BL2 is even going to be released since I just looked at their twittter account and I get the impression that they are more concered with their pets and doing charity work (which is laudable), but the last time they even mentioed Bloodlines 2 was in August. The reason why I am skeptical is because if I compare the way BL2 is being handeled to say the HOI series one can only shake ones head.
Going to ground and letting the potential Customers just loose interested is the most stupid decision that a Games Company can make.
Despite all this I will still visit every day in the hope of seeing something new here. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Concidering that we will have 5 clans, 5 factions, 5 blood resonances, hopefully at least 5 potential backstories, and if im not misstaken at least 5 different social interactions (persuation, intimidation, seduction, bribing, domination, and simple talks not tied to any skills) ... not even concidering options to skip that interaction with firing from gun, attacking npc on meele, or sneaking around.

Actually, all those social interaction are present in may RPG's including BL1.
Probably an improvement could be to give the possibility to try a specific approach, even if the "skill level" is not particularly high.

Resonance are related to discipline , which are related to clan.
I mean, in V5 you need specific resonance in order to improve specific disciplines . So if you want to improve Potence as a brujah you need the required XP and possibly to favor the "rage-kind" of resonance during your feed.
For me, in PnP game, resonance simply doesn't work if not as a tool for the Storyteller to prevent the player to acquire disciplines . I assume here it would have a similar effect.

But at the end, it's the clan which dictates the discipline, and if I want to pursue the "persuasion" ways, I need specific skill/discipline (eg. toreador/ventrue)

I believe its fair to say that full gameplay, not completionist tho, just story for all factions and all clans ... can reach over 100 hours quite easily ... and that is a lot.

If this would be true, what about games with multiple races and professions (e.g. all fantasy games D&D related) ?
The replyability of those doesn't come from the possibility to test every combination of them .

Actually, all those social interaction are present in may RPG's including BL1.
Probably an improvement could be to give the possibility to try a specific approach, even if the "skill level" is not particularly high.
This is the reason you need to read whole post ...
I specificly writed there "if this all things will alter our gameplay as much as we are told" since we were specificly told that every single thing (like backstory for example, or clan, etc. etc.) will give us entirely different experience ...

Also i specificly writed there about common practice in RPG, where people have only single sentence comenting what you are, before they send you to the generic conversation that is exactly same for everyone.

And finaly you can notice that 5 * 30 =/= 100. ;)
Resonance are related to discipline , which are related to clan.
I mean, in V5 you need specific resonance in order to improve specific disciplines . So if you want to improve Potence as a brujah you need the required XP and possibly to favor the "rage-kind" of resonance during your feed.
For me, in PnP game, resonance simply doesn't work if not as a tool for the Storyteller to prevent the player to acquire disciplines . I assume here it would have a similar effect.

But at the end, it's the clan which dictates the discipline, and if I want to pursue the "persuasion" ways, I need specific skill/discipline (eg. toreador/ventrue)
Dunno, i dont have anyone to play TTRPG ... so i didnt.
But from the interviews it seemed to me like they are more related to certain skills than disciplines. o_O

For example desire if im corect, should improve your seduction skills.
If this would be true, what about games with multiple races and professions (e.g. all fantasy games D&D related) ?
The replyability of those doesn't come from the possibility to test every combination of them .
As i said before, even in original post ... if we one day get some RPG that will give us entirely different experience just bcs we switch race, or class ... then yes. :p