• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Feb 4, 2021
Greetings from the Brazilian audience Paradox Interactive, I ask on behalf of these five thousand more people who ask for subtitles of the game on PT-BR, it is unfair that in mid-2021 the game will come without subtitles on PT-BR, I'm sure that in addition to these five thousand subscribers of this petition, there are hundreds of thousands who do not even imagine the possibility of such a big game reaching Brazil without subtitles PT-BR

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-001623_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210204-001623_Chrome.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210204-001648_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210204-001648_Chrome.jpg
    563,3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
If all those people pre-ordered, they allready know even without the petition ...
And if they know, and they didnt included your language ... 5000 is probably not enough.

It is very clueless for a big developer like Paradox Interactive to simply ignore a market that grows every day, today the Brazilian public undoubtedly pays a good portion of the profits from AAA games, I truly believe that Paradox Interactive will see the public's appeals Brazilian, if it comes with subtitles PT-BR I buy the collector's edition but otherwise I refuse to buy even any digital media.

HOI4 is the only Pdox game (out of the latest titles), with the PT/BR support , probably for the Cobra Fumantes.

I wish you best luck with the petition, but I don't think It has many chances to have any effect.

BTW, I hope the localization files will be in a clean yml format and NOT included into the checksum.

HOI4 is the only Pdox game (out of the latest titles), with the PT/BR support , probably for the Cobra Fumantes.

I wish you best luck with the petition, but I don't think It has many chances to have any effect.

BTW, I hope the localization files will be in a clean yml format and NOT included into the checksum.
In reality the petition has already had an effect, but nothing official, nothing but messages from the developer through one of its social networks stating that they are thinking of locating the game in other regions than those mentioned in steam, but I believe they would come in future updates. , but it would be very good if it was already added at the launch of the game, The Witche arrived located PT-BR, RDR2 also, Cyberpunk (Cyberbug) despite the errors was also located, not seeing this growing market in Brazil is stupid and I don't think that Paradox Interactive is stupid.

Attachments

• tXtjwd2.jpg
    tXtjwd2.jpg
    58,7 KB · Views: 0
It is very clueless for a big developer like Paradox Interactive to simply ignore a market that grows every day, today the Brazilian public undoubtedly pays a good portion of the profits from AAA games, I truly believe that Paradox Interactive will see the public's appeals Brazilian, if it comes with subtitles PT-BR I buy the collector's edition but otherwise I refuse to buy even any digital media.
I believe this is exactly the problem ...
You can have potential of half million people who would like to buy this game if localized, but as long as they all keep your attitude in "i refuse to buy unless localized" ... they all are for studio just like "i shall not do anything until they invest more money to create what i want with zero ensurance it would be worth their time" ... and therefore you kinda reduced that potential to zero. :-/
You have all the tools you need ... you have preorders, and back in 2019, when Florian was working in Paradox, in one of streams he specificly mentioned that there was some preorders from places they didnt expect it, and since there was many of them, they imediatly decided to add localisation for them. o_O

Also your comunity can concider themself lucky ... maybe even blessed ... you manage to do miracle allready, you manage to get answer for you question! You should be proud. :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
I believe this is exactly the problem ...
You can have potential of half million people who would like to buy this game if localized, but as long as they all keep your attitude in "i refuse to buy unless localized" ... they all are for studio just like "i shall not do anything until they invest more money to create what i want with zero ensurance it would be worth their time" ... and therefore you kinda reduced that potential to zero. :-/
You have all the tools you need ... you have preorders, and back in 2019, when Florian was working in Paradox, in one of streams he specificly mentioned that there was some preorders from places they didnt expect it, and since there was many of them, they imediatly decided to add localisation for them. o_O

Also your comunity can concider themself lucky ... maybe even blessed ... you manage to do miracle allready, you manage to get answer for you question! You should be proud. :p
What you said would make sense if I were talking about an indie game from "Devolver Digital" but we are talking about a relatively big company and a de facto AAA game, a game that carries all the weight of a predecessor who suffered because of lack of subtitles and several Bugs, today the predecessor of VTBM 2 does not have due recognition not only for these bugs but also because of the few language options, a problem that was only solved years later with patches created by fans since the troika games went bankrupt after the release, my intention as a fan of the table RPG "Vampire the Masquerade" and as a fan of the first game is precisely for the game not to fall into oblivion as the predecessor.

But I am happy here to have this healthy dialogue with all of you, I hope you understand that all my appeal is of love for the first VTBM 1 back in 2004 and for years that I played table RPG Vampire the Masquerade, and I apologize for my horrible English , another reason for this appeal for the game to be located in PT-BR haha :')

back in 2019, when Florian was working in Paradox, in one of streams he specificly mentioned that there was some preorders from places they didnt expect it, and since there was many of them, they imediatly decided to add localisation for them.
Probably the Turkish localization.

As a side question, does anybody know the figures of BL2 preorders , I mean something similar to steamcharts statistics ?

What you said would make sense if I were talking about an indie game from "Devolver Digital" but we are talking about a relatively big company and a de facto AAA game, a game that carries all the weight of a predecessor who suffered because of lack of subtitles and several Bugs, today the predecessor of VTBM 2 does not have due recognition not only for these bugs but also because of the few language options, a problem that was only solved years later with patches created by fans since the troika games went bankrupt after the release, my intention as a fan of the table RPG "Vampire the Masquerade" and as a fan of the first game is precisely for the game not to fall into oblivion as the predecessor.
Dunno ... when somebody say "big company" i think about Blizzard, Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, etc.
I may of course be wrong, but i allways presumed that even CDPR, wich is certainly a lot smaller than those giants, is still bigger than Paradox interactive. o_O

And even if not i dont think any company should feel obliged to invest into anything that may not pay off as good as they hope, just bcs they are big enough to take that risk. :-/
Especialy if they offer us tools to show them our interest and therefore confirm that payoff.

Hey dont get me wrong, i get you ... i would also love to see Czech translation ... but i dont even know if WoD have any CZ comunity. :D
Just all those years of gaming with additional years of waiting for unofficial subtitles for many titles, makes me kinda grumpy around people who are demanding localisations, and states that they would not give company a single cent, until they promise. -_-

I may of course be wrong, but i allways presumed that even CDPR, wich is certainly a lot smaller than those giants, is still bigger than Paradox interactive.

I don't know the total equity values , and the figures on Wikipedia refer to 2019, but CDPR and PI have a similar revenue: ( 521.2 million zt. ~ 115 M€ , vs. 1,289.3 million kr. ~ 127 M€ ) .
Obviously, not even comparable to EA, Blizzard etc.

But it's true that Paradox is always "conservative" with localizations, and it's a pity. Also because 99.99% is text , not voices.

(actually I prefer to play in English, even if unofficial but very good translations in Italian exist for HOI, EU , CK, Stelly etc.. )

I would never say prefer ... but i dont mind it, even if to be completely honest sometimes i miss some nuances and then im quite surprised what option did i choose. :-/
In games like Fallout, or Bloodlines it may lead to many reloads. :( Frustrating stuff.

Luckily we have quite capable team of people who makes unofficial translastions for many games, it just takes sooooooooooooooo long. :(

Stellaris and Cities: Skylines also have it

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well friends, I am confident that a localization not only in Portuguese but in other languages will arrive in the future and in an official way, but I believe that at first I will need to play in Spanish as it is a language I master, about translations made by the gamer community in Brazil too we have a very competent group, I will keep an eye out.