• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
man this is the most underwhelming stellaris expansion yet. I've seen nothing to show that espionage wont be endless spam outside of first contact. The crisis mode is massively uninteresting, I am the crisis without the bonuses. it seems they've leaned into the fanatic purifier is the best way to play the game. Sad to see they gave up on diplomacy after federations didn't work. I wanted an internal politics expansion with actual factions that matter instead of this. AS a xenophile player this expansion has given me nothing to be excited about. heck they nerfed one of our weak civics to begin with.

Maybe the economic patch will be exciting but the horrendous balance that plagues this game is not even being looked at. They buffred genetic ascension but did nothing else. They made psionic ascension even weaker and buffed the most powerful playstyle of endless warfare. Hey tall and diplomatic play is already a joke you don;t need to nerf it with edicts and buff the hell out of wide play constantly

• 2Like
Reactions:
Meh. Wake me up when the game is fun to play again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In Nemesis, you determine the fate of the galaxy by pulling strings behind the scenes with new espionage mechanics. Choose to become the
Galactic Custodian to counter Galactic threats, or take the menace option to BECOME the Crisis.

Ultimately, you will have to decide whether to grasp the reins of a galaxy spiraling into chaos -- or ferment the chaos yourself.

Will you find a way to take power through diplomacy and subterfuge, or will you stand on the sidelines as the stars go out one by one?

Wishlist Now!

There's a typo there -that should be foment chaos, not ferment.

Also, this dlc looks incredibly cool.

Reactions:
What if I don't want to choose between chaos in control? I just want things to self-govern.
The inter-state anarchy of the Stellaris galaxy(*) is an inherently unstable system.

*: Not to be confused with the inter-state anarchy of the Mediterranean Sea in mid-Classical Antiquity.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Really neat, I am hoping this is a turning point for the game like Emperor was for EUIV.

Edit: They support ticket was very kind and evidently Federations has a medal and Necroids is almost done with its own

Last edited:
Tbh i think stellaris could learn alot from mods. My advice to the devs is dont be discouraged by what happend last time you tried to change core mechanics. Dont be afraid to push the envolope. Just get community feedback before doing so. For example who here wants an ethics and civics overhaul? We have ethics and civics classic. And that mod already fits well into vanilla. Why can't we get somthing simillar in vanilla with an ethics overhaul? Why not add more planet types and modifiers? No one is going to get upset if you change that.

• 3Like
Reactions:
To be honest unless there are big changes to the base game it should read:

Once you have practically won the game you can press a button and farm some ressources for an extra ending sequence. There is also another choice, but no AI will ever be strong enough to challenge you and become a meaningful enemy, so thats only in theory.
Yeah. Wars in this game are waaaay too 1 sided. hopfully espionage changes that. As now you have to guess your enemy's exact fleet power. Hopfully there is the option to feed false info. So there is actually risk in warfare. by the time you are at the point to become the crisis it just becomes a push here to win button. We need actually close games. Add catchup mechanisms for minor empires so they can actually pose a threat. Make it so they can use gurilla warfare agianst larger empires to defeat them. Hell use rubberbanding(have the option to turn it off tho). You could even add soem flavor to it with events. Like you steelings antoher empire's tech and learning powerful tech as a minor. It fits perfectly into sabatoge if you do it right.

Reactions:
man this is the most underwhelming stellaris expansion yet. I've seen nothing to show that espionage wont be endless spam outside of first contact. The crisis mode is massively uninteresting, I am the crisis without the bonuses. it seems they've leaned into the fanatic purifier is the best way to play the game. Sad to see they gave up on diplomacy after federations didn't work. I wanted an internal politics expansion with actual factions that matter instead of this. AS a xenophile player this expansion has given me nothing to be excited about. heck they nerfed one of our weak civics to begin with.

Maybe the economic patch will be exciting but the horrendous balance that plagues this game is not even being looked at. They buffred genetic ascension but did nothing else. They made psionic ascension even weaker and buffed the most powerful playstyle of endless warfare. Hey tall and diplomatic play is already a joke you don;t need to nerf it with edicts and buff the hell out of wide play constantly
Right now it seems like Espionage will be primarily a micro intensive annoyance sadly.

Reactions:
Right now it seems like Espionage will be primarily a micro intensive annoyance sadly.
Or mostly ignored. Since defences are passive, if operations aren't both interesting and valuable from a player perspective, once first contact is complete the player can generally ignore the subsystem much like the Galactic Council gets ignored in my playthroughs.

This assumption does depend on the defences generally working against operations and every AI not ganging up and running operation after operation against the player causing enough small fires to simply be frustrating. Which is certainly a failure state I hope is avoided.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Will the new patch that does stuff like update the economy (such as Industrial districts) be coming out at the same time as Nemesis [and thus have their features emerge side by side] or will they come out at different times?

Likewise, there are a bunch of major bugs [particularly notably - breach of galactic law currently does nothing, failing to work correctly] that we could have probably used a 2.8.2 to fix but have now been around for months. Are we going to be getting a patch to fix them alongside Nemesis?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Will the new patch that does stuff like update the economy (such as Industrial districts) be coming out at the same time as Nemesis [and thus have their features emerge side by side] or will they come out at different times?

Likewise, there are a bunch of major bugs [particularly notably - breach of galactic law currently does nothing, failing to work correctly] that we could have probably used a 2.8.2 to fix but have now been around for months. Are we going to be getting a patch to fix them alongside Nemesis?

There will be a patch associated with Nemesis. Can't comment on what is fixed/isn't fixed/included at this point in time, however, there are at least some bug fixes included. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
There will be a patch associated with Nemesis. Can't comment on what is fixed/isn't fixed/included at this point in time, however, there are at least some bug fixes included. :)

I appreciate knowing bug fixes are happening, and recognize you may not be allowed to release that information. But, personally, having a concrete list of fixes you're working on or have finished would be preferable to 'we promise some fixes, not saying what, could be anything from a texture glitch to the galaxy being inverted'.
I say this because PDX has a habit with Stellaris of leaving bugs unfixed for YEARS. Heck, I think the Automated Dreadnought is still missing component slots because it was changed with a ship slot rework and nobody ever bothered to fix it. I can't say for certain because I had to get a mod to fix it for me.

Again, not mad at you. But it would be vastly preferable to have a concrete list rather than a song and dance.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Yeah. Wars in this game are waaaay too 1 sided. hopfully espionage changes that. As now you have to guess your enemy's exact fleet power. Hopfully there is the option to feed false info. So there is actually risk in warfare. by the time you are at the point to become the crisis it just becomes a push here to win button. We need actually close games. Add catchup mechanisms for minor empires so they can actually pose a threat. Make it so they can use gurilla warfare agianst larger empires to defeat them. Hell use rubberbanding(have the option to turn it off tho). You could even add soem flavor to it with events. Like you steelings antoher empire's tech and learning powerful tech as a minor. It fits perfectly into sabatoge if you do it right.
To be honest unless there are big changes to the base game it should read:

Once you have practically won the game you can press a button and farm some ressources for an extra ending sequence. There is also another choice, but no AI will ever be strong enough to challenge you and become a meaningful enemy, so thats only in theory.

if you find the end game too easy use this mod

Reactions:
Speaking of which like in hoi4 minor empires could use some expansion to make them not boring to play as. Add events where you can catch up and conqure other minor neighbors or form a federation with other minor empires to take on the bigger ones. Much like the real life non aligned movement.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Why blow up stars? Simply buy Dark Matter from the galactic market.
It''s a superweapon.
Meh. It's not terrible. I'm not too impressed though. Seems kind of pointless.

The colossi were supposed to be the "OMFG EVERYBODY RUN!!!!"
Same with juggernaughts and Titans...
They weren't.

and what happens if multiple empires pursue this?
Multiple crises? Doomsday race?

the unique ships thing is neat but see a little late to the party.
Did they not think anything else deserved their ownship set?
Well atleast this WMD makes more sense than blowing planets up. A star is an explosion kept contained by gravity, disrupts that gravity and the star blows itself apart. Meanwhile a blowing up a planet would take such enormous energy that it makes no sense. Blowing up a star would be far easier.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well atleast this WMD makes more sense than blowing planets up. A star is an explosion kept contained by gravity, disrupts that gravity and the star blows itself apart.
A gravity suppressor makes a perfectly good planet killer, really. An object 12000 km wide with a speed differential of 3200 km/h between opposite sides is not going to have a happy time when the gravitational forces holding it together go away.

• 1Haha
Reactions: