Imperator: Rome - Heirs of Alexander and 2.0 Marius Announcement

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It does seem like Imperator is really coming into its own. I'll give the game another go after there are a few hotfixes for the new patch. :)

the only one am I who this sentence doesn't understand ?
where is the subject and the complement in this sentence? what is the point of the "decade of war"? His legend should burn the hearts of kings and conquerors after him, not the fire burnt a legend into their heart.
I think it was pretty clear. The drive and ambition is the fire that leads to Alexander's achievements and those together creates the legend of Alexander in the hearts of other people.

Reactions:
the only one am I who this sentence doesn't understand ?
where is the subject and the complement in this sentence? what is the point of the "decade of war"? His legend should burn the hearts of kings and conquerors after him, not the fire burnt a legend into their heart.
"Burned into the hearts of" is a way of saying someone or something did something extremely memorable that was remembered by all who came after them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
"Burned into the hearts of" is a way of saying someone or something did something extremely memorable that was remembered by all who came after them.

"In his decade-long war in Asia, Alexander’s fire burned a legend into the hearts of kings and conquerors who would follow."

Mh no. Still doesn't mean anything. It's "Alexander's fire" that "burned a legend". What is "Alexander's fire" ? Did he burn half of Asia and they called it "Alexander's fire" ?

Wouldn't it make more sense if it was Alexander's legend that lightened a fire/ burned itself into the hearts of blablabla ?

You can understand the sentence if you twist it, the same way you are supposed to understand Yoda.

Reactions:
mais-oui-cest-clair.jpg

standing for "Of course"

• 1Like
Reactions:
"In his decade-long war in Asia, Alexander’s fire burned a legend into the hearts of kings and conquerors who would follow."

Mh no. Still doesn't mean anything. It's "Alexander's fire" that "burned a legend". What is "Alexander's fire" ? Did he burn half of Asia and they called it "Alexander's fire" ?

Wouldn't it make more sense if it was Alexander's legend that lightened a fire/ burned itself into the hearts of blablabla ?

You can understand the sentence if you twist it, the same way you are supposed to understand Yoda.
Someone's "fire" is also used to describe someone's ambition, their drive, their glory, etc. "His ambition embedded itself in the hearts of his successors" - it's a perfectly cromulent sentence.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I really hope they include changes to Senate Support with the balance updates in Marius. I've been finding that after the first few years I constantly have 100% Senate support and it never seems to drop. Why would my lowborn Populare Consul have 100% support from the Optimates? I get that Senate Support is a Republican version of Legitimacy, but the idea that I'd always be getting close to 100% Senate support seems a bit off!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Will the successors have the option t step out if the ring way the way Ptolmaios did? Consolidate his hold on his own land rather than attempt to rule all of Alexander's empire?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Someone's "fire" is also used to describe someone's ambition, their drive, their glory, etc. "His ambition embedded itself in the hearts of his successors" - it's a perfectly cromulent sentence.

Alexander's fire embiggens even the smallest man.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I really hope everyone in the Pdx office realizes just how big expectations are, after the huge disappointment Imperator was and still is.

I can forgive bugs and crashes, what I can not forgive is making a boring game with no life in it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I think this is going to be a fantastic expansion however I'm still worried that manpower will still not be anything to worry about. Thus I will still find no reason to build manpower increasing buildings. Hell the devv team has increased manpower gain. I do get that we will probably get significantly less manpower gain when levies are raised but still... I guess well see.

Other then that I csnt wait!

Reactions: