Imperator: Rome - Heirs of Alexander and 2.0 Marius Announcement

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is easily explained by the higher lifestandart in the European Union. (; Mexicans and Russian often also pay less than the EU. The real problem are diffrent lifestandarts but same prizes within the EU. That a Romanian has to pay the same for many games as a german is just unfair.
OK, so a lower life standard in the US makes up for the price in EU countries and also it's just 1€ more so... isn't tooo much, but still incorrect!

So hyped!! I can’t wait for it, the 2 weeks can’t go by soon enough!

Oh yeah @CaptinObvious will u be updating ur Crusus Honorum mod for 2.0? Love playing it
I have to get my hands on 2.0 first, and I'm definitely going to take a hack at jury-rigging co-consular armies

I am very much worried about how the game will handle tribunes, if they make them their own separate job then that's fine, but if the **** parade that's the internal machinations of jobs is any indication...

Reactions:
AFAIK, those tags aren't steam-decided: Users attach tags (not sure if they are completely free and can create their own or if they pick from a list, but supposing the latter to prevent misuse and focus things) to games which they think describe them best and Steam uses then some simple math/complex algorithm to display the most popular choices. So while agree that IR being labeled as early access is odd (and IMO unfitting), I have no problem to explain it - enough players being dissatisfied with IRs current state just air their dissatisfaction by calling the game unfinished (partly because they honestly believe it will mature to something good, partly because there is likely no "unfinished game" tag they could pick instead)
Yeah, relying on users to tag games properly is kinda dumb. (IR also has the user-supplied "Sexual Content" tag, which I'm assuming is not accurate unless there's a particularly raunchy event?)

I pointed out the Early Access one because there's a store preference to explicitly filter out Early Access titles, which might make the game less visible. I'm unsure if that filtering is determined based on whether a publisher supplies a special tag to the store or if it keys off the user-supplied tag. I just know I saw a "has filtered tags: Early Access" in the "is relevant to you?" section when I went to check out the game on Steam, even though it's not one of the top tags for the game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Heirs of Alexander content pack includes:

Unique Mission Trees
: New special mission objectives for the Antigonid Empire in Anatolia, Seleucid Empire in Asia, Ptolemaic Empire in Egypt, Macedonia and Thrace.
Shared Mission Tree: Diadochi-themed mission objectives available to all of the Successor Kingdoms.
Wonder Designer: New tool that allows players to build their own custom monuments, adding bonuses to their location or to the entire empire.
New Events: Various Historical Events based on the history and legacy of Alexander’s followers.
New Deities: Regional gods and goddesses from the Hellenistic kingdoms.
New Treasures: Distinctive artifacts from the Hellenistic kingdoms.
New Music: Three new music tracks to inspire your Successor Kingdom.
Can I swap this for the Deluxe Edition Upgrade Pack?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I will be getting the DLC as soon as it is possible to do so as I want to support the developers for their excellent work.

Perhaps the biggest update to the game so far.

I am a bit disappointed that we did not get an open beta and I hope the update is polished.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It makes no sense.
I prefer that they update core mechanics and give it to us "for free" than paying for core mechanics that needed to be changed and having to pay for it again, lol.
It does make sense, pulling resources of flavour means more resources to core mechanics. And I'm specifically saying I'm not going to spend money on a product I don't want, but I'm still going to play with what I get for free, that's precisely the point.
This whole forum needs to stop witchhunting and actually read and consider someone's argument.

Reactions:
It does make sense, pulling resources of flavour means more resources to core mechanics. And I'm specifically saying I'm not going to spend money on a product I don't want, but I'm still going to play with what I get for free, that's precisely the point.
This whole forum needs to stop witchhunting and actually read and consider someone's argument.
The moment that it looks like the core game updates will become dependent on future purchases, is the moment I know to cut my losses. Same as I treat any other game.

Reactions:
Super excited for this.

I avoided imperator when it first came out because of the way military armies worked in the original, standing permanent armies during a time of mainly citizen levies.

When I saw what was planned for 2.0 I knew I was going to have to get the game. It’s been recently on offer in various places so have managed to get all the dlc as well for the current price of the main game.

Had a quick go at the tutorial but going to wait for the patch before playing properly.

• 1Like
Reactions:
10 euros for 5 mission trees and great wonders builder is quite expensive. I'm VERY reluctant to pay it, and I'll only be paying it to support them for their amazing work with 2.0. But I wouldn't pay 10 euros if it hadn't come with a massive rework, sorry. Just saying for future reference.
With the Big Mac index in mind I think it's super cheap. A Big Mac meal with something extra wouldn't keep me entertained even until before it's finished. I'm pretty sure this will take much much longer to digest.

Hey a tuesday! Thays perfect! I work 3 12s a week friday to sunday. I'm gonna have a good weekend off!!! Super excited about this expansion in particular.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Maybe it's not a witchhunt. Maybe the people, who disagree with you, are reading DDs and dev posts and therefore know how there are different types of devs and why it doesn't make sense to shift devs from a specific area into specific others, because the devs themselfs explained the reasons. So if you want more core mechanics you would need a completely different approach than yours. And maybe, just maybe, that's the reason why people disagree and because the current business model is the fairest for the customers and there are people, who like flavour (and core mechanics - like me).

• 1Like
Reactions:
In his decade-long war in Asia, Alexander’s fire burned a legend into the hearts of kings and conquerors who would follow.
the only one am I who this sentence doesn't understand ?
where is the subject and the complement in this sentence? what is the point of the "decade of war"? His legend should burn the hearts of kings and conquerors after him, not the fire burnt a legend into their heart.

Reactions: