• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kliwarrior

General
85 Badges
Oct 27, 2003
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • VtM - Bloodlines 2 Blood Moon Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
The Steam description was:
"Sired in an act of vampire terrorism, your existence ignites the war for Seattle's blood trade. Enter uneasy alliances with the creatures who control the city and uncover the sprawling conspiracy which plunged Seattle into a bloody civil war between powerful vampire factions."
1612268640947.png

Now it says:
"Enter the World of Darkness and rise through vampire society. Experience Seattle - a city full of alluring, dangerous characters and factions. In this sequel to the cult classic, your choices, plots and schemes will change the balance of power."
1612268511950.png

It's just a short description but... have you noticed how the reference to the Embrace disappeared?
I wonder if the beginning as Thinblood and the consequent first part of the game, are among the elements that have been modified.

I've to admit that two hours of playtime as thinblood wouldn't make me super-happy , so if something would be changed in this part, I'd be satisfied.

As a side note, probably this "spot the difference" game is.. meh.
If HSL/Pdox would think that someting need to be change or improved or fixed before the delivery, why they dont' just say "hey, we are planning to do this and that"? . Same old question, I know.

EDIT: Another possible explanation could be the need to add an explicit reference to the WoD, because now Steam has a dedicate page to the "Word of Darkness" franchise.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
At this point it looks like they are not going to share or show anything until what they have is ready. I still remember being disappointed at the low quality of the in-game stuff they did show us...

They will have to reboot the marketing of the game at some point and we can just hope it will be good enough with a well designed and polished game deserving a great marketing campaign.

They just replaced "Sired in an act of vampire terrorism" with "rise through vampire society" ...
I would not recomend to seearch for anything deeper in that than the fact that, the word "terrorism" dont sounds good for marketing. :-/

Especialy theese days.

I've to admit that two hours of playtime as thinblood wouldn't make me super-happy , so if something would be changed in this part, I'd be satisfied.
Remember what did you tell me when i wanted one 0 changed to 1?
Carefull what you wish for ... it can become 20 hours instead of 2. :D

They just replaced "Sired in an act of vampire terrorism" with "rise through vampire society" ...
I would not recomend to seearch for anything deeper in that than the fact that, the word "terrorism" dont sounds good for marketing. :-/

Especialy theese days.

It was the description of 2019 , not of a " long time ago happy-gold-age of peace when the word "terrorism" didn't scare anybody. ".

And after all , besides removing the "(feat brian mitsoda)" in the description of contents for deluxe version, it was the only change since months.
Probably it means nothing, probably it's just a reference to the WoD , or may be a different approach in the game .
Also the "rise through vampire society" may indicate a raising in Status or something

Remember what did you tell me when i wanted one 0 changed to 1?
Carefull what you wish for ... it can become 20 hours instead of 2. :D
Me:
1612285283891.png

I think i have finaly find out how to multiquote in this new forum. :D
Kinda clunky btw ... :-/
It was the description of 2019 , not of a " long time ago happy-gold-age of peace when the word "terrorism" didn't scare anybody. ".
Never claimed such thing ...
But there is a lot new blood in the teams, and maybe someone simply pointed out that this word is on his "do not use" list ... and rest of the (suprisingly existing) marketing department replyed like: "yeah, after all, we dont need it there ... why not make it a bit friendlier, we dont need to trigger people more than we allready do". :p
Probably it means nothing, probably it's just a reference to the WoD , or may be a different approach in the game
Also the "rise through vampire society" may indicate a raising in Status or something
My bet is on nothing ...
We were suppose to "rise" from the beginning ... we simply start as lowest of the lowest, and any possible movement is up. :D

We were suppose to "rise" from the beginning ... we simply start as lowest of the lowest, and any possible movement is up. :D
Hmm... insulting the Prince and gaining a Blood Hunt could be a good way to going further down.