• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not going to lie but, as the title suggests, every month of radio silence leads me to increasingly believe that this game is not going to be coming out....at least not at any point in the next 12-15 months. Sadly-very sadly-I feel I need to relegate this into the same category as Dying Light 2....."Development Hell".
The question which I am asking myself, is it even worth waiting for if Mitsoda is no longer involved. I have been reading a bit of coverage outside of these forums, just to see the status and I must admit that I am saddened about the game.
Normally I would say to myself, trust Paradox, they have not let you down so far, but this time I will definatly wait and see what type of Game and Story it will be before I buy this.

Reactions:
The question which I am asking myself, is it even worth waiting for if Mitsoda is no longer involved. I have been reading a bit of coverage outside of these forums, just to see the status and I must admit that I am saddened about the game.
Normally I would say to myself, trust Paradox, they have not let you down so far, but this time I will definatly wait and see what type of Game and Story it will be before I buy this.
Well, as much as I would say trust paradox on most of their major projects , particularly grand strategy, there are some sore spots in productions that just suddenly cancelled (runemaster, East vs west, magna mundi), and this is feeling familiar or worse to those experiences. Also, There are quite a few titles that they released, (if they released). then simply dropped support for shortly after ( sengoku, March of the eagles, hopefully not any new ones, though ck3 needs a lot more chatter). They seem to have a scattershot strategy of production: start a ton of projects and see which ones stick. I will never pre-order a paradox game unless I have seen proof it's ready for release. The fact that they still have a pre-order out on this game is shameful to me.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The question which I am asking myself, is it even worth waiting for if Mitsoda is no longer involved
Maybe I'll say a heresy, but Brian made one great game, but other great games were done without Mistoda.
So his presence could be a "sufficient but not necessary condition" (to speak in mathematical terms) for having a good BL2.

Reactions:
Well, as much as I would say trust paradox on most of their major projects , particularly grand strategy, there are some sore spots in productions that just suddenly cancelled (runemaster, East vs west, magna mundi), and this is feeling familiar or worse to those experiences
Alter the "Runemaster affair" Pdox said that would never "announce" a product not so close to be concluded to be sure of delivering.
And to say the truth, they have kept faith with what was declared.

As already said many times, I'm more than sure that in 4Q/2019 they WERE sure to have an almost finished BL2 ( too many ads/marketing/videos etc..)
Than probably realized that something was wrong ...

Reactions:
So, uh, let's do a quick history check here. The Bloodlines 1 that Mitsoda and his team launched is so broken and busted that sometimes it's literally impossible to finish it due to completely game destroying bugs. They made no attempt to ever fix this themselves. The nice, functional Bloodlines 1 we have today is thanks to endless work by a fella who goes by the name wesp5 who has unofficially patched the game for the last 15 years of his life.

Brian Mitsoda's works are not without flaw or blemish. Simply having him on the team was never a guarantee of quality.

So, uh, let's do a quick history check here. The Bloodlines 1 that Mitsoda and his team launched is so broken and busted that sometimes it's literally impossible to finish it due to completely game destroying bugs. They made no attempt to ever fix this themselves. The nice, functional Bloodlines 1 we have today is thanks to endless work by a fella who goes by the name wesp5 who has unofficially patched the game for the last 15 years of his life.

Brian Mitsoda's works are not without flaw or blemish. Simply having him on the team was never a guarantee of quality.
And thats why othere games that was made by paradox was done so without mitsoda? The only game he worked on was BL1 and u said it yourself that it was in bad shape and it barly got fixed
PDI *paradox* also made games that may have had bugs to but they got fixed realy well and became great but still its taking along time for BL2 and we dont have any news still ill wait
we did atleast get info that it may not release the first half of this year so the second half it might
thats my guess

Reactions:

To be fair, though, Mitsoda wasn't a programmer for BL1. He was largely respinsible for the story, characters & tone of the game, but it was Troika who programmed the game, & Activision who published it. So they bear the bulk of the responsibility for the state of that game-not Brian.

Reactions:
To be fair, though, Mitsoda wasn't a programmer for BL1. He was largely respinsible for the story, characters & tone of the game, but it was Troika who programmed the game, & Activision who published it. So they bear the bulk of the responsibility for the state of that game-not Brian.

Troika part of BL2 development? if not why because they might could help speed things up right?

Troika was closed after BL1 due to low sales, and most of the devs working there formed Obsidian after that.
Wow thats gotta hurt
so guess the progress of the game will stay slow kinda sucks how HSL is having to hire people to work on BL2 for after most of them left or something
but heres an important question
what if HSL can get the people to fill those roles in time? Correct me if im wrong but paradox owns BL2 and can find another studio that might be better then HSL if they dont meet there deadline right?

Wow thats gotta hurt
so guess the progress of the game will stay slow kinda sucks how HSL is having to hire people to work on BL2 for after most of them left or something
but heres an important question
what if HSL can get the people to fill those roles in time? Correct me if im wrong but paradox owns BL2 and can find another studio that might be better then HSL if they dont meet there deadline right?
Pdox acquired a big share of HSL (33%) , so it's HSL who must develop BL2.
I don't know the current staffing of HSL, anyway. But remember that (besides the great name of Lead Writer etc..) developing is done by sometimes obscure programmers, the "sweat, blood and tears" part of game building

Last edited:
Reactions:

Though true, when it comes to story writing, dialog, and replayability Bloodlines 1 is one of the 'greats' in my opinion. My scepticism is not about the code of Bloodlines 2 but of it 'content'. Those who have replaced him do not instil me with confidence about what type of Game this will turn out to be.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Maybe I'll say a heresy, but Brian made one great game, but other great games were done without Mistoda.
So his presence could be a "sufficient but not necessary condition" (to speak in mathematical terms) for having a good BL2.
So far I have not been able to find anything recent that belays my fears, hopefully I am wrong and I can laugh about how silly I was worrying about the content and tone of the game when it is released.

Reactions:
Yeah ... but we werent lured on them by Brian being involved ...
I believe its not about "oh Brian is Godlike writer, everything that is not from his pen is trash, and everything that does if pure gold" ... it just left you feel stabbed in your back (and dont tell me you didnt feel it) when studio lure you for something, just to tell you in middle of working process that "this will not be included ... and by the way, we just stop talking to you ... buy our super-expensive collector edition, bye".

I believe its also worth mentioning that Troika declared bankruptcy (is that right word?) shortly after Bloodlines was released, so they didnt even have much chance to get the game into better shape. :-/

Correct me if im wrong but paradox owns BL2 and can find another studio that might be better then HSL if they dont meet there deadline right?
I believe they can ...
But that would mean throw away whole so-far development completely, and start over. :-/
So if development reach this point, i bet they rather just anounce cancelation, and forget it completely ... at least for some time, until they save enough money to start once again. :-/ And then there is question if they even want to.

In other words:
1612255986840.jpeg

Though true, when it comes to story writing, dialog, and replayability Bloodlines 1 is one of the 'greats' in my opinion. My scepticism is not about the code of Bloodlines 2 but of it 'content'. Those who have replaced him do not instil me with confidence about what type of Game this will turn out to be.
Exactly ...
The funny part about this is we never stop worrying, until we play the game ourselves ... since no DD, or promotional material will ever show us anything about content. :-/

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's the true Caine Curse, which affects the VtM-based games.

In other threat we were talking about HSL hiring ...
I was curious if they didnt stop, so i visited https://www.hardsuitlabs.com ... where i have seen huge image of Bloodlines 2 and little button saying: "Learn more" ... i would like to learn litteraly anything more so i clicked it ... and this is what i have seen:

As a writer, returning to a certain world or character is like catching an old scent that transports you back to a specific time and place in your life, and when it came to slipping back into the mindset of Vampire, it felt effortless. The great thing about the World of Darkness is that there are always more stories to tell – sometimes thousands even in the same city. Bloodlines 2 may be separated by fifteen years from the original, but the feeling of the original is still here. From Day 1, it’s been vital to infuse the sequel with the same essence.​

In the last few years, Hardsuit Labs has been growing a team to make a sequel to one of the most beloved cult RPGs of all time and we are all well aware of how insanely ambitious that is. We have posters all over the walls stating our primary pillar: Be a True Descendant of Bloodlines. It’s a great motto, but until we were on the streets of late-night Seattle stalking NPCs or having a branching conversation with one of the many new characters, only then was it a reality. That’s when it really hit us – we are making a Bloodlines game! And all throughout the process, the excitement of the many diehard fans at Paradox have confirmed that holy shit this is happening!​

I am so looking forward to sharing all this with you. By the time it gets in your hands, it’s going to smell so familiar that you’ll hardly remember that it’s been gone. I assure you, this is the Bloodlines 2 you were waiting for.​

– Brian Mitsoda, Narrative Lead​

Well said to be sure ...
Im just not quite sure how i feel about that they still have it on their site. :-/
It seem kinda rude to still profit from Brian's name, when he is no longer part of the team ... even more concidering that he was fired more than half year ago, and nobody still didnt bother to edit this ... at least to "former Narrative Lead". :-/

What do you feel about it? :-/

Reactions:
What do you feel about it? :-/

My opinion, it that of a company where the Marketing / Public Relation department is completely in disarray (or no longer existent).

Keeping the Mitsoda's part is at least a fall in style, but my feeling is that nobody have the task to keep that website updated since months.
Therefore nobody even raises the question about the opportunity to emend/change that page.
Similarly to the official BL2 site where (jokes aside) it's still referring at some parts as "Coming in 2020" .

• 2Like
Reactions:
Just dont misstake Hardsuit Labs website, and Bloodlines2.com. ;)
The first points to the second (for BL2 stuff) and both seem frozen to an uncertain point in August 2020.