• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TreborTheTall

Captain
43 Badges
Mar 24, 2018
www.youtube.com
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Greetings!

I am back from hiatus, and I got quite a long video for you all today!

Here is a a link to my discussion with Coodav on our favorite galactic empire mode loadouts:

Here are my notes that I used for this video:

In this video we will discuss
  • We will first look at the two empire loadouts that coodav and me have prepared explaining our thought processes once we get into the planet.
  • We will also design a third loadout together from the empire mode map selection screen.
  • Lastly we will go over some other popular loadouts that we saw being discussed online.

My loadout:

Used a shakarn commander, who is rushing a relic secondary objective using renown from a straightforward objective to push out a bunch of therian sharpshooters. Sometimes I prefer using more renown a bit later in a map to either get a few t3s or t4s units or a full stack of t3s or t4s. After that I like using those units to clear out sites and/or conquer nearby commanders. Relics give the best requisitions that you can get from renown, so rushing that objective down is usually worth it, and quite a fun challenge. Getting some stronger animal units requisitions or units like the Shepard, which can evolve animal units, pairs really well with amazon commanders.

Rerolling planets until you get one with a relic you want and/or easy ways to get renown, then you should. Unless you want to self impose a restriction where you can only reroll once or twice or maybe not even at all.

Unlocking units for renown will allow you to build them in any your colonies!

Coodav's loadout:

Also used a shakarn commander, who is attempting to conquer to entire planet. Unlike me, Coodav actually bought a few mods and operations using renown. One (Mods) makes his units individually a lot better from the beginning of the game, and the other (Operations) makes his empire more efficient. I would argues that the payoff is less than than getting more units, which translates into more actions points in your earlier battles.

Coodav showed me that your can sell ai contact information to get easy cosemite so you can mod out your early game units. He also showed me how to sell sectors for energy and cosemite, which is a great way to get the resources you need to make fantastic stacks.

He also showed how ridiculous buying psifish hunters with renown can get (due to the evolving mechanic)

Other popular loadouts:

Kryo on discord

"I'm interested in this
Cuz I can't help myself but to choose eater of dead every time"

[Inappropriate name] on reddit

"I really like bringing the Purification T1 mod from the Promethean and the Shakarn Healing Op. Makes any faction really tanky.

I also really like having 1 of the 2 quartzite T4 units and the Therian Chemist unit."

johnnypasho on reddit

"Misfortune. Nuff said. Best T3 in GEM."

XAos13 on reddit

"The Dvar Prospector, The Heritor Siphoner.
Assembly:Deploy Constrictor. Death to the most dangerous (non-flying) enemy unit. The only thing more dangerous than a constrictor is an enemy that can take control of a constrictor.
Assembly Cloacking Implants. Surprise attacks are the best attacks.
You do realize if we reach a consensus on something being OP the devs will nerf it :)"

Eighty80 on reddit

"Units: Assembly Runner, A sniper if necessary
Tactical: Cleanse, Arc
Mods: Combat protocol mod (can go in anything) Self repair plate (automaton healing mod for mech units, very handy on some races) A mod that turns on one of my other faction hero's (eg captivating for shakarn hero, stun mod for oathbringer hero)"

Antermosiph on reddit

"Elite paragon soldiers: absolutely bonkers overpowered imo regardless of army type.
Shield of remorse: Morale, enlightened, great for psynumbra hero armies and celestian hero armies even when you aren't playing those STs. Good cheap mod usable by anyone just about).
Black Market Connections: One of the best doctrines, especially on no cosmite worlds you find later on. The powerful starting commanders / armies you have later make it easy to maximize. Can even run scavenger to further up the reward.
The one psynumbra tact op you get early that I forgot the name of. 1 tactical point massive stagger single target strike. Its extremely useful and cheap if you can unlock it early on.
Special mention to purification field, earth link mask, and the heritor tact op for making drained."

TheyCalledMeMad on reddit

"Vanguard Jetpacks for playing Oathbound because it works on all battlesuit units and who doesn't love a jetpack, but tbh the paladin protectors and Promethean phoenix walkers are the only ones who really need it (and they do get huge flexibility from jetting around)."

DarkRaven17 on reddit

"I bring 3 economy related doctrines, timethread datascrolls and jet packs and generally dvar prospector.
Sometimes ill add in a coloniser or a tier 4 unit like herald for fun.
It depends on how much renown and how quickly you can gather it."

LadyUsana on reddit

"I like the RPR-Stalker. A Tier 3 Sniper that can get 11 range with Prime and Rail Accelerators with built in Stagger Resist, Auto-revive+cloaked, and it even has Agile Overwatch. Can also jump+cloak and its shoot after move hits like a truck. The thing is completely decked out in all the right ways. Even if the faction I am playing already has a T2 Sniper that just makes it easier to keep sniper armies always running. The T2 fills the spots left open by not being able to afford more Stalkers, they do get kinda pricey depending on where you are at in the game.

Other than that I don't have many units that are always on my list. If the faction doesn't have a good Range 7 repeater I can easily grab the Paragon Elite or the Vanguard Purifier if arc isn't a good damage channel for the game in question. Though really that normally isn't an issue.

If I have anyway at all to burn/immolate I like to grab the Promethean Thermal Targeting Relay. Its cheap and effective if you are burning a lot. Firearm factions that plan to use the fire burst ammo are a prime candidate. Grabbing Rail Accelerators can be good if you expect to get firearm units but don't have that tech tree. Extra range is just a very nice bonus to have. Also why Guided Delivery system is so high on my want list. Though admittedly this is mostly the Vanguard wanting it. If stuff like Plasma Bombs were Plasma AND Explosive that would make many of my Promethean leaders drooling over the Guided Delivery System too.

As for Operations and Doctrines. The Precognition one is cheap and can buy you some breathing room early game. But I mostly drop it in as filler. As someone who spams Strat ops I like to have as many damaging ones in my load out as possible. Just Prime them well before you are at war and then when needed you can drop like half a dozen 20 percent damage operations on the enemy to soften up their biggest stack blob. Makes them a lot easier to pick off. Grabbing one for healing is also a good idea. Though I usually just settle on something like Dvar's Breach Protection Protocol instead of a full army heal. It is nice to get healed up and dumping a bunch of armor on whatever poor soul the AI has decided to focus fire on. It can infact convince the AI to target someone else thanks to the armor boost. Though speaking of Dvar. They have a lot of nice stuff. Native Displacement Act, Fortification Efforts, and Mountain Breaker just to name a few. And that isn't even touching the fact that they are the only ones with the Explosive weapons branch or their units."

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was wondering when this was coming out. I was really hoping to see it early.

Just watched it again, and I loved it! Not saying that because I was in it either, it was fun.

One unit I haven't seen mentioned is the Hacker. I often don't use all 3 of the units in my loadout, so I like having them as a way to react to fighting a lot more mechs than I was planning to.