• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX Forum Dev

Private
Administrator
Jan 24, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Today we've upgraded to the latest version of our forum software, bringing more features and better performance to the community. As always, we appreciate your bug reports and feedback, and you can post all of that here. Here is a list of new features you can expect to see on the site:
  • Upvoting for bug report forums and suggestions forums
  • Support for attachments for profile posts and comments
  • New "Similar Threads" feature
  • New integration with Giphy
  • Improvements to the text editor
  • New BBCode options for the editor
  • Improvements to alerts (now supports, read, unread, and seen)
  • Overall performance boost
Known issues:
  • Search and "Similar threads" are not returning newer content. This will resolve itself over the next few hours and is just due to changes in the new update that requires the search index to be rebuilt

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 15Like
Reactions:
Can one toggle the similar threads function off somehow?

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
New "Similar Threads" feature
Noticed this immediately and I don't like it.
It's ugly, useless, and it takes up lots of screen real estate.

The reason it's useless is that it's suggestion threads from all kinds of subfora.
Atm I get from HOI 1, and EU2. And then one from storage. Not really what I'd consider relevant threads.
And even if it was more rlevant then there's still not really any reason for it, since if I wanted other threads I'd do a search.

Is there no fix for the icon issues?

Also, please call icons icons again. That's always been the Paradox way. Badges just feel really bad and wrong to us old veterans.

Would it be possible to have the icon number be a golden bar again? That looked way better, imho.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello Everyone,

Today we've upgraded to the latest version of our forum software, bringing more features and better performance to the community. As always, we appreciate your bug reports and feedback, and you can post all of that here. Here is a list of new features you can expect to see on the site:
  • Upvoting for bug report forums and suggestions forums
  • Support for attachments for profile posts and comments
  • New "Similar Threads" feature
  • New integration with Giphy
  • Improvements to the text editor
  • New BBCode options for the editor
  • Improvements to alerts (now supports, read, unread, and seen)
  • Overall performance boost
Known issues:
  • Search and "Similar threads" are not returning newer content. This will resolve itself over the next few hours and is just due to changes in the new update that requires the search index to be rebuilt
Example of how PDX has always called it icons in the past. This is from when Charlemagne arrived. It was the first DLC to get an icon. Older major DLCs got icons retroactively then.
New%20icon.png

Attachments

• New icon.png
    New icon.png
    194,6 KB · Views: 0
Thank you for this summary.

Anyone who managed to disable the "Similar threads" option? It is too big and distracts you when trying to reply, you don't want to see other completely unrelated threads and I can't help myself from reading it, so for me personally that design doesn't work at all. Not sure what purpose it is meant to serve originally, but others might find it useful for reasons I can't think of as of writing this post. I can't find its name in the code, still not good enough at CSS. When inspecting I disable it temporarily but without the name of the element I can't use a style to disable it. Ideally it would be possible to toggle it off in the forum options.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you for this summary.

Anyone who managed to disable the "Similar threads" option? I can't find its name in the code, still not good enough at CSS. When inspecting I disable it temporarily but without the name of the element I can't use a style to disable it. Ideally it would be possible to toggle it off in the forum options.
Try installing the selector gadget. It allows you to see the CSS elements interactively for anything on a page. That might well be useful for killing ugly and unnecessary things like the similar threads "feature".

Try installing the selector gadget. It allows you to see the CSS elements interactively for anything on a page. That might well be useful for killing ugly and unnecessary things like the similar threads "feature".
Isn't that the same thing as the "Inspect" feature on Chrome? Anyway, I have identified the CSS element, but I can't find its specific name. "block.container" or "block" is the generic name for any block.

Isn't that the same thing as the "Inspect" feature on Chrome?
No. It's a plugin for Chrome. it doesn't show you the code, but just tells you which CSS elements would select specific things on a page.

Wheras the inspector shows you the entire site code.

Reactions:
No. It's a plugin for Chrome. it doesn't show you the code, but just tells you which CSS elements would select specific things on a page.

Wheras the inspector shows you the entire site code.
Thank you for the tip, although I still can not get a more specific name than "block.container", which is a generic name used in several places, grouping several blocks. Writing:
CSS:
.block-container {
    display: none !important;
}
disables all such blocks, as expected. I also tried:

CSS:
.block-container.block-container--xfes_similar_threads {
}

and:
CSS:
.block-container.block-container--xfes_thread_view_below_quick_reply_similar_threads{
}

Thank you for the tip, although I still can not get a more specific name than "block.container", which is a generic name used in several places, grouping several blocks. Writing:
CSS:
.block-container {
}
disables all such blocks, as expected.
Unlick the other selected boxes. I..e anything which is yellow which you dont' want to block. Then you'll get a more and more specific path to the similar threads box. once that's the only green/yellow thing then you have a path whihc will allow you to block it, but nothing else.

Reactions:
Unlick the other selected boxes. I..e anything which is yellow which you dont' want to block. Then you'll get a more and more specific path to the similar threads box. once that's the only green/yellow thing then you have a path whihc will allow you to block it, but nothing else.
I'm going to experiment a bit more to see if I find it with the shift option to select things, but so far I'm stuck here: