Update on next Development Diary timing

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pevergreen

The Two Time
107 Badges
Apr 27, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
Latest Update
Hi everyone!

Our next Dev Diary is still scheduled for mid-February. Hang tight :)
From here, things will ramp up and you will be able to learn more about the future of Crusader Kings III!
We thank you all for your patience while we are working very hard to produce the high quality content you all deserve.

Hey everyone, thanks for your patience & understanding.

Some news today, we have a window for the next Dev Diary: Mid-February.
That Dev Diary will be the firestarter of new lit content to come, so hold tight :)
Please keep discussion on your thoughts about this to this thread, I will merge other discussions into this.

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 5Haha
Reactions:
Hey everyone, thanks for your patience & understanding.

Some news today, we have a window for the next Dev Diary: Mid-February.

That Dev Diary will be the firestarter of new lit content to come, so hold tight :)

Good to know, it saved me from hours of refreshing the forum.

We will wait patiently, I guess - not that we have any choice. And I'm sure the content will be wowzers.

But still, please, for the future, no more 6-months long silences about future projects. Just release some general info about your roadmap, so that we can all be on the same page...

• 7Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Excited.

Think you guys are an impossible position. If you start talking about DLC/Roadmap shortly after release, you get accused of deliberately leaving out planned content from vanilla to force players to buy it as DLC. But if you spend the time fixing bugs, releasing free updates and looking at players feedback/how players are playing the game before finalising a roadmap, you get complaints about lack of communication. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
  • 9Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
They really have to work on their transparency. They said mid-Jan and didn’t even tell us about the delay until the 26th, and now its mid-Feb. Taking a bit more time than one short paragraph would be appreciated. Just a quick explanation, no detail needed.

• 32Like
Reactions:
They really have to work on their transparency. They said mid-Jan and didn’t even tell us about the delay until the 26th, and now its mid-Feb. Taking a bit more time than one short paragraph would be appreciated. Just a quick explanation, no detail needed.

No, that is straight up wrong.

They said mid-January the earliest.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
Excited.

Think you guys are an impossible position. If you start talking about DLC/Roadmap shortly after release, you get accused of deliberately leaving out planned content from vanilla to force players to buy it as DLC. But if you spend the time fixing bugs, releasing free updates and looking at players feedback/how players are playing the game before finalising a roadmap, you get complaints about lack of communication. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's true that they are in a delicate position, but in general I'd say that communicating over not communicating is the fair choice. We would have seen the same complaints about bugs, Byzantium/ERE mechanics being sketchy, naval warfare and so on even if they hadn't announced DLCs on release.

On the other side, communicating about the direction the game's development is taking does not mean that bug fixing or acting on feedback is not ongoing. It does not even mean committing to one direction or one date - I do remember that Imperator's team changed the announced workplan quite radically over time - but they kept communicating about it, and to most people that was enough.

They said mid-Jan and didn’t even tell us about the delay until the 26th, and now its mid-Feb.

To be fair, they said "mid-January at the very earliest"

• 8Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the update.

• 5Like
Reactions:
This should have been posted half a month ago... Interesting how a game like I:R has managed to squeeze out three DDs already while CK3 will need one and a half month to do the same, but oh well, just makes me respect Arheo and his team even more despite the game's small playerbase.

• 6Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
It's true that they are in a delicate position, but in general I'd say that communicating over not communicating is the fair choice. We would have seen the same complaints about bugs, Byzantium/ERE mechanics being sketchy, naval warfare and so on even if they hadn't announced DLCs on release.

On the other side, communicating about the direction the game's development is taking does not mean that bug fixing or acting on feedback is not ongoing. It does not even mean committing to one direction or one date - I do remember that Imperator's team changed the announced workplan quite radically over time - but they kept communicating about it, and to most people that was enough.

I suspect the Royal Edition might be a factor.

As you said, Imperator changed their workplan quite radically over time and people were ok with that. But, with CK3 Royal Edition, if Paradox announced a roadmap for DLC 1, Flavour Pack 1 & Flavour Pack 2, then people bought the Royal Edition on that basis, then Paradox reworked the roadmap, they'd get it in the neck. At best, they'd end up with a load of pissed off fans/customers or, at worst, open themselves up to legal trouble.

• 1Like
Reactions:

I feel like this is being overlooked slightly. In the next dev diary we'll be hearing about the first of the new content that is coming to the game which is nice.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just glad you told us rather than keeping us in the dark for a month.
Yup, better to know than to not know. I would really appreciate a bigger dev presence on the forums though; it doesn't seem as worthwhile to discuss gameplay observations and issues here without a signal that the devs are still actively listening and engaging.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Players: I can't wait to read today's dev diary :D

Forum administration:
tenor.gif

• 11Haha
Reactions:
I feel like this is being overlooked slightly. In the next dev diary we'll be hearing about the first of the new content that is coming to the game which is nice.

Well, I guess that it's been overlooked because most of us were pretty sure that was already the case.

*mouth watering*

It's nice to have some communication on the forums again, but it's still a bit disappointing. Not quite sure why we need to wait another month if you already know what you're going to be talking about. Hopefully this means there won't be as long as wait for the next patch and/or the firsr DLC, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.