• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prussiabrother

Private
20 Badges
Dec 12, 2020
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Victoria 2
Please help me with this technical error.

I've already deleted all the older versions of Paradox Launcher V2, but it's still telling me to.
I deleted the following :
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/

My computer does not have any of this file, it still prompted me to delete to install
20201212195129.png
20201212195141.png
20201212195151.png

I don't know why you can't remove the launcher, and why the new install even cares about that. neither are normal in my experience. Do you have some sort of extra security software or settings in Windows that might be getting in the way?

You could use the free Revo Uninstaller utility to try and remove it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't know why you can't remove the launcher, and why the new install even cares about that. neither are normal in my experience. Do you have some sort of extra security software or settings in Windows that might be getting in the way?

You could use the free Revo Uninstaller utility to try and remove it.
My computer doesn't have any security software, and I used to be able to install the launcher.

It let me find the Launcher-installer-windows.msi but my computer didn't have this file

Why can't you send me a new launcher so I don't have to install it

I used the software you recommended, but he still needed the Launcher-installer-Windows.msl
I even deleted its registry

It keeps me looking for things that don't exist, and I really want to play Crusader Kings III right now!

• 1Like
Reactions:
That file is in the Steam/CK3/launcher/ folder.

Note that you can run ck3.exe directly from Windows Explorer, which bypasses the launcher.
I know I can go straight from the folder to the game, but that means I can't load the mod.The mod is the soul of ck3 before DLC comes out

I know the location of the folder, but it lets me find the old installation package,Please give me practical help .
Can you directly send the starter folder or skip the delete old starter?

20201215155530.png

Attachments

• 20201215155530.png
    20201215155530.png
    31,8 KB · Views: 0
hey i just spent a lot of money buying all the dlc and i wanted to do a fresh install and now i cant get the launcher to install and i cant remove the old one, can you guys fix this for me, i really want to play and i have to use the launcher for workshop.

Attachments

• Screenshot (196).png
    Screenshot (196).png
    50 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (195).png
    Screenshot (195).png
    434,7 KB · Views: 0
hey i just spent a lot of money buying all the dlc and i wanted to do a fresh install and now i cant get the launcher to install and i cant remove the old one, can you guys fix this for me, i really want to play and i have to use the launcher for workshop.
The Prardox administrator hasn't responded to me in months, and I've bought a lot of Prardox games and all of the DLC

I pay them for their games, and the problems they create don't get solved.

They don't care if you can load the MOD or not, as you can see from my reply, I gave them a lot of solutions, but they didn't do anything about it.

Dude, I suggest you talk to the superintendent. It may not work, but you have to try. Let me know if you succeed.

When I posted this issue, it was not resolved, the admins haven't responded to me for months, we may have been abandoned by them.Dude, I can call the administrator for you again and see if we can fix this problem.

That file is in the Steam/CK3/launcher/ folder.

Note that you can run ck3.exe directly from Windows Explorer, which bypasses the launcher.
Sir, another person who loves the game is unable to run because of this problem. Can you solve it this time?Now more and more people are experiencing this problem. You haven't replied to me for several months, and you haven't given any help to this problem. Now you have another victim and all you need to do is help us.

Hope you can solve the problem caused by your launcher this time.
This is a request from some players who love the game, please don't ignore this voice.

Please help us to solve this problem. The only thing we can do now is to ask for your help.

The Prardox administrator hasn't responded to me in months, and I've bought a lot of Prardox games and all of the DLC

I pay them for their games, and the problems they create don't get solved.

They don't care if you can load the MOD or not, as you can see from my reply, I gave them a lot of solutions, but they didn't do anything about it.

Dude, I suggest you talk to the superintendent. It may not work, but you have to try. Let me know if you succeed.

When I posted this issue, it was not resolved, the admins haven't responded to me for months, we may have been abandoned by them.Dude, I can call the administrator for you again and see if we can fix this problem.
If it's software then ANYTHING is possible to fix, after all it's just bits on a hardware, there has to be a way to manually delete the "old" installation of the v2 launcher. If I have to edit windows registry I will just tell me what I have to do.

I'm sorry I missed this thread, I don't know how that happened.

The best way to remove apps that won't uninstall is the free utility Revo Uninstaller.

Once it's gone, Please try this:

- exit the Steam app entirely

Delete the following folders if still present:

To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm sorry I missed this thread, I don't know how that happened.

The best way to remove apps that won't uninstall is the free utility Revo Uninstaller.

Once it's gone, Please try this:

- exit the Steam app entirely

Delete the following folders if still present:

To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run the game from the PLAY button in Steam

IF that doesn't help, in this folder are some .log files:
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
Please attach them here.
I've just tried everything you've mentioned, and my app no longer has the Pparadox Launcher.

I'm at the end of my rope, here's the Log please help me.

You should update for the next version: skip removing the old launcher or a smarter search.

Attachments

• launcher-dowser.log
    706 bytes · Views: 0
  • launcher-installer.log
    166,3 KB · Views: 0
first off i would like to say thank you both for not letting this issue die, i will cut to the chase with a big thank you to AndrewT, i followed your troubleshoot and it... did not work. followed another guide and that did not work either that claims all you have to do is install the launcher to another drive. only when i tried them together did it all work!

prussiabrother

1) install iobit but dont run it yet, revo didnt work for me the first time)
2) fully uninstall game from steam.)
3) go to your appdata local and roaming and delete everything that has to do with paradox)

i.e

4) go to your documents and do the same just for good measure, i had done it already)
5) run iobit and press "p" to find the launcher v2, uninstall, it will give you the same error as the control panel will, just exit the error and continue with the extra scan/uninstall option, it will show you a bunch of registry data/ ALL of it needs to be wiped. that should do the trick you can look at windows control panel and you will see its not listed anymore)
6) shut down PC, do not restart)
7) start pc and run steam in admin mode and download game, sub to your mods and verify integrity)
8) press play to get to the settup wizzard and SELECT A DIFFERENT DRIVE!!! install the launcher on anything but your c:\ drive)
9) let us know if it worked for you)

Attachments

• Screenshot (197).png
    Screenshot (197).png
    1,6 MB · Views: 0
I've just tried everything you've mentioned, and my app no longer has the Pparadox Launcher.

I'm at the end of my rope, here's the Log please help me.

You should update for the next version: skip removing the old launcher or a smarter search.
First run the Windows 10 updater app and apply everything it finds to fix.

Then go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

And finally run this .NET repair tool:

Then reboot. Then do the clean reinstall of the launcher as per post #12 again. That really should do it!

• 2Like
Reactions:
First run the Windows 10 updater app and apply everything it finds to fix.

Then go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

And finally run this .NET repair tool:

Then reboot. Then do the clean reinstall of the launcher as per post #12 again. That really should do it!
I did as you and he asked, but still asked me to delete the old launcher.

Do I need to delete the Prardox in My document?There's a MOD in there.

But I think I've removed all the factors that might have affected the launcher installation
Please tell me what else I need to do. This is the Log.
Please tell me what factors will affect the launcher installation. If I still cannot install successfully, can I skip removing the old launcher?
Do I need to delete all Paradox stuff?Even if it's something you didn't ask for or doesn't really matter.

Attachments

• launcher-dowser.log
    706 bytes · Views: 0
  • launcher-installer.log
    164,2 KB · Views: 0
I did as you and he asked, but still asked me to delete the old launcher.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something here. You are specifically getting an error removing the old launcher, even though it has been removed by Revo?

A new launcher 2020.17 came ou tlast night. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to direct you to its installer, which may get past your issue.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something here. You are specifically getting an error removing the old launcher, even though it has been removed by Revo?

A new launcher 2020.17 came ou tlast night. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be able to direct you to its installer, which may get past your issue.
Is it true?That's great! I'm gonna give you a big kiss on the cheek if it works out!
Please be sure to send me the installer after you get it. Oh my God!I was finally able to hopefully get it installed.
Please don't forget to give me the installer, my dear Andrewt.

hey buddy, if you still have problems i would be willing to walk through some things with you if you DM me your discord/steam i hate to leave another in the dust to suffer alone, we have the same problem maybe i wasnt clear with my directions

hey buddy, if you still have problems i would be willing to walk through some things with you if you DM me your discord/steam i hate to leave another in the dust to suffer alone, we have the same problem maybe i wasnt clear with my directions
Thank you, buddy. I'm out of luck. No matter what I try, it says delete the old launcher.How do I delete something that doesn't exist even though my control panel doesn't have the old launcher?
I also tried using a search engine, but I didn't have a Paradox folder.
I don't know how to delete a file that doesn't exist
Now I can only wait for the administrator to give me the new installation program. If it still cannot be solved, I don't know what to do. I have done it step by step according to what you and the administrator said, but I still can't install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.