• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- High replay value
Clans with different quests and gameplay
Changes in the main quest depending on the chosen clan.

Still talking about clans, this is perhaps my most important dream: the importance of the chosen clan in the whole history.

I know that probably BL2 will not implement the full complexity of the vampiric interactions, but (as an examples) in BL1 the clan choice was not important for the story or interactions.
Or better, being a ventrue or a brujah makes a quest different because generally speaking, a ventrue may use domination and/or may try to persuade npc's etc.. while a brujah usually just kick ass.
But you may build a "combat toreador" or a "social brujah" just spending XP (which is a very good things)
Nevertheless in BL1 there is nothing really different in beeing a torerdor or a tremere: as a tremere there is a chantry but it's not "my" chantry; I don't interact with my Primogen; and my clan doesn't matter to other NPC's , while being a brujah, out of the camarilla from the Convention of Prague, should matter to a malkavian or a toreador (unless they are anarchists).

Im affraid you will be kinda disapointed then ...
Since it was allready confimmed (unless it was changed ofcourse) that player will need to become fullblooded Vampire ... and also that we will stay as thinblood for few (4?) hours, i believe the count of first 1/4 of main quest was used.

//edit:
in BL1 the clan choice was not important for the story or interactions.
This is simply not true!
(tho i admit that i have no idea how much of that was plus patch content)...

As Gangrel it was much easier to piss off VV ...
As Gangrel, you can learn one dot to any discipline (max 3) or get celerity, if you allready have 3 in them from Beckett ... (That is plus patch content for sure.)
As a Tremere, you are offered to join the pyramid ... wich also gives you alternative Camarilla ending. (this one is certainly in Vanila aswell)
As Toreador you get regular blood from Gary, when asked for help ... as Nosferatu you get elder vitae ... and as most the others you get bag of blue blood.
As Nosferatu you dont even get offer from FAT Larry to help him with his suitcase situation.
As Nosferatu you have litteraly no chance to get downtown Haven from Prince.
As Nosferatu you dont get any change to talk with many NPC (like Dima, or that other rusian guy at parking lot), since they simply start shooting once they see you.
As Nosferatu you dont need to have any social skills to persuate Tommy Flatton to write bad rewiev, you simply show up and he is discuised for the rest of his night. :D
As Nosferatu you dont even meet Samantha, since she would not recognize you anyway.
And of course, as Malkavian you spoiler everything to yourself. :D

And im quite sure i forgot many others.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Im affraid you will be kinda disapointed then ...
Since it was allready confimmed (unless it was changed ofcourse) that player will need to become fullblooded Vampire ... and also that we will stay as thinblood for few (4?) hours, i believe the count of first 1/4 of main quest was used.

//edit:

This is simply not true!
(tho i admit that i have no idea how much of that was plus patch content)...

As Gangrel it was much easier to piss off VV ...
As Gangrel, you can learn one dot to any discipline (max 3) or get celerity, if you allready have 3 in them from Beckett ... (That is plus patch content for sure.)
As a Tremere, you are offered to join the pyramid ... wich also gives you alternative Camarilla ending. (this one is certainly in Vanila aswell)
As Toreador you get regular blood from Gary, when asked for help ... as Nosferatu you get elder vitae ... and as most the others you get bag of blue blood.
As Nosferatu you dont even get offer from FAT Larry to help him with his suitcase situation.
As Nosferatu you have litteraly no chance to get downtown Haven from Prince.
As Nosferatu you dont get any change to talk with many NPC (like Dima, or that other rusian guy at parking lot), since they simply start shooting once they see you.
As Nosferatu you dont need to have any social skills to persuate Tommy Flatton to write bad rewiev, you simply show up and he is discuised for the rest of his night. :D
As Nosferatu you dont even meet Samantha, since she would not recognize you anyway.
And of course, as Malkavian you spoiler everything to yourself. :D

And im quite sure i forgot many others.
Yes but actually not.
I mean, nosferatu run was a sort of "hard mode" because you have worst interaction (compensed by an OP obfuscate). All the addiction you say are very minor.
After perusing my cd's I recoved BL1 and I'm going a brujah run, I swear it's not very different from what I remembered with toreador or tremere. Yes , you may find an heaven in the chantry if tremere but... the flow of the game Is the same.
I don't want to that it was bad (we are talking of a game of 15 years ago) but in 2020's I want a lot more.

I dunno ... it kinda makes sence, you were one little, simple, unimportant fledling that was doing his job ...
It should not matter what clan you are to prince, and it didnt ...
It should matter to other people so they are a little nicer or a little harsher to you, and it did ...
It should matter to certain people in certain situations a lot so they should offer or on the contrary dont offer you some extra job, and they did ...

It seemed okay to me.
I mean, i cant think about any situation that could be more than just a little flavoured for you.
Maybe except that part, where i believe player (especialy as Brujah, or Gangrel) should be able to break doors, when he is not skillfull enough to pick a lock ... with understandable police attack afterwards. :D

In Bloodlines you were at first place Agent of Prince ... at second place a newborn that should never exist ... and then a clan member, and that is not even sure.
Strauss tells it quite well, when se say that your turning to Vampire was unusual and you were created outside the pyramid ... so if you wish to enter it, you need to proove yourself first and even if you proove yourself and get your place in the chantry, you are still just initiate. It seemed right to me, since Vampires have all time they need, they can keep you waiting for decades untill you proove yourself.

//edit:
In fact, when you think about it ... since original game dont offer you to join Sabbat (and they also take you no matter the clan) ...
There is no faction except Tremere, or Nosferatu that is clan specific.
Camarilla concider you its member no matter if you want or not.
Anarchs are taking anyone who proove himself usefull or loayal.

Tremere is welcoming you, once you proove they would choose you to join them, if that decision wasnt make for them.
(The realy interestin question here is who was your Tremere sire, since they all are bond to their masters, how did s/he manage to rebell and create you without aproval?)
And Nosferatu kinda welcome you aswell, since Gary establish Haven in downtown for you ... sadly it is in the end of game and have small significance, but your fledling is accepted as part of clan.
But there is no society of Toreadors / Brujahs / Gangrels / Malkavians / Ventrues that i know about in LA.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Yeah it would be nice if as a Tremere there's actually a choice whether to be part of the Pyramid or help rebuild it...whatever status it happens to be at the time of this story.
Actually I have mixed feelings about that... it would be nice to see how high in rank you could ascend if the Pyramid rises again due in part to your efforts....but at the same time---realistically I'd probably rather have the freedom of doing my own thing, and the rigid hierarchy of that clan seems like the very opposite of freedom to me.

My favorite clan picks keep changing around...and lately I've been increasingly interested in Tremere; (if this were all a real thing in the world today, they would definitely be a top-pick for me; mostly because I tend to like being a mage type in any rpg, and their clan curse/weakness is hardly a weakness at all, imo...at least the current iteration of it; I don't have much interest in making a blood bond to other kindred anyway, and I could still bond mortals anyway.) I would most likely play that first out of the ones available in Bloodlines 2....I'm also hoping Lasombra becomes a choice as a DLC addition later.

As any clan, I'm interested in if they let us have our own ghoul...like at least 1 or 2. I also want a bigger selection of powers, so it's more likely that my version of a Tremere, Ventrue, Toreador, etc. is significantly different in abilities/style from that same clan-pick as other players. More variety with powers and any kind of skill-tree choices is always better, imo.

I'm also curious about what kind of ties to the characters former human life are still lingering around...like perhaps a sibling keeps searching for his/her "missing" brother/sister, and maybe you have the option on whether to risk meeting with them or not....maybe they run into trouble and you now have a choice on whether or not to save them, with the ever-looming threat of what happens if you violate the Masquerade in the process.

Also... a run-in with some werewolves would be cool too... I'd imagine a weak fledgling like our character here would need the help of others to survive though.

I also want a bigger selection of powers, so it's more likely that my version of a Tremere, Ventrue, Toreador, etc. is significantly different in abilities/style from that same clan-pick as other players. More variety with powers and any kind of skill-tree choices is always better, imo.
I really hope that the game will be easily moddable, like all the Pdox titles are.
My first mod will be the third clan discipline (I don't understand why only two) and possibly add more disciplines to be learned

• 1Like
Reactions:
Finaly something to talk about. :D
Yeah it would be nice if as a Tremere there's actually a choice whether to be part of the Pyramid or help rebuild it...whatever status it happens to be at the time of this story.
Feel free to corect me if you think im wrong, but Newcomers didnt seem to me like actual Pyramid ... after all, its just a faction and i dare to presume this (aswell as other factions in Bloodlines 2) will accept anyone willing to join them, after few self-prooving quests ofcourse. :D
True the Pyramid structure can work even with multiple clans involved, but it just dont feel right. :-/

Actually I have mixed feelings about that... it would be nice to see how high in rank you could ascend if the Pyramid rises again due in part to your efforts....but at the same time---realistically I'd probably rather have the freedom of doing my own thing, and the rigid hierarchy of that clan seems like the very opposite of freedom to me.
Honestly i hope not ...
One of problems i have with many games, or stories is how fast protagonist gets to the top ... sometimes it seem almost ridiculous. :D
You know like: Few nights back, you were just lowly Thinblood that we could kill legaly just for fun with little to none consequences ... now you are regent of our chantry. -_-

Think about Bloodlines 1, you started as nobody ... you played as nobody ... and you even finished as nobody. :D And it was fine. :)

My favorite clan picks keep changing around...
Same here. :D

their clan curse/weakness is hardly a weakness at all, imo
I dunno ... incerased dmg taken could potentialy cause lot of problems in late game.

I'm also hoping Lasombra becomes a choice as a DLC addition later.
I bet there is a lot of people hoping that ...
Personaly i hope we get Gangrel and Nosferatu before them. :-/

As any clan, I'm interested in if they let us have our own ghoul...like at least 1 or 2.
I bet we will ... at least simmilar to Heather, that was also working as usefull blooddoll to help you with your resource check.
I more like hope we get some additional interactions with them, it would be nice to send your ghoul to get you some gun, ammo, money, or prehaps some drugs you could use as trading curency for info on the street ... your ghoul could also get you some new he heared outside ... dunno, just want them to be part of the story. :)

I also want a bigger selection of powers, so it's more likely that my version of a Tremere, Ventrue, Toreador, etc. is significantly different in abilities/style from that same clan-pick as other players. More variety with powers and any kind of skill-tree choices is always better, imo.
Yeah bigger = better ...
I dunno, i usualy pick one discipline and focus only for that, dont care about the other at all and spend all XP in other kind of skills ... but maybe this time i reconcider, especialy if there will be some interesting combos.

I also usualy choose one way of fight (meele or ranged) and kinda stick to it ... but so far it seem quite impossible, or at least quite hard in this game to create gunslighter. :-/

I'm also curious about what kind of ties to the characters former human life are still lingering around...like perhaps a sibling keeps searching for his/her "missing" brother/sister, and maybe you have the option on whether to risk meeting with them or not....maybe they run into trouble and you now have a choice on whether or not to save them, with the ever-looming threat of what happens if you violate the Masquerade in the process.
I would like to have option to ghoul them. :D

Also... a run-in with some werewolves would be cool too... I'd imagine a weak fledgling like our character here would need the help of others to survive though.
Concidering informations we curently have, it seem like this is planned for first DLC.

I just hope they made easy to add third person in, to make third person mod possible. Also if it has to be 1st person only, I hope you have control of your head, so you can peak round corners, look up at the skyline, or down to the sewers.

Feel free to corect me if you think im wrong, but Newcomers didnt seem to me like actual Pyramid .

I have to confess that the structure of Factions is still unclear to me, but the following is my interpretation

We have the Camarilla. What the Camarilla is , it's perfectly known.
We have the Baron, which should be an Anarch baron and his acolytes, ok
Who actually are the Pioneers ? It's another anarch barony or a faction inside the Cama? (in this case the Camarilla faction should more conveniently called "the prince faction" or something similar ) Unclear at the moment,
The same with the Unseen. It seems the Nosferatu are somewhat separated from the Camarilla, this is a thing that also in BL1 was stressed a lot (and in my opinion is not completely correct)
And finally Newcomers. They may belon the House Carna , perhaps . in this way they could be seen somewhat external to the true camarilla

I think i have heared somewhere that baron in fact isnt that "anarch baron" type.
Why does he use that tytle is unknow so far...

Not sure tho if that was one of official sources or some speculation chanels to be honest. :-/

I believe we have here two camarilla and two anarch factions ...
- We have old and traditional Camarilla ... presented in Camarilla.
- We have new and progressive Camarilla ... presented in Newcomers.
- We have old and traditional Anarchs ... presented in Pioneers.
- We have new and progressive Anarchs ... presenteed in Baron.
I dont think there is anything else than four leaders of four factions, all trying to get whole Seattle for themselves.
And in this meaning i dont mean "anarch" as "member of anarch movement" ... more like "not want to be part of Camarilla" :D

- And then we have Unseen, who as i gues is the only faction that you can work with no matter who else you choose. Since nosferatu are usualy just informators, spyes and messengers standing in between everyone else ... and they seem to be quite satisfied with that role.
I wonder if you will be able to join only Unseen, but honestly doubt that ... at least to some Nosferatu DLC. I would love to have there some alternative ending like: "dig deep into your hole, and dont care about who rules the surface anymore". :D

In that previous post, I was thinking of the latest v5 "curse" for Tremere that they cannot create blood bonds with Kindred; it's something I wouldn't have much interest in doing anyway. The curse for Bloodlines 2 does indeed have more of a negative impact... but then again, I also happen to enjoy playing "glass cannon" types in rpgs, which tends to be your mage or other ranged archetype.

and yeah 3rd person option would still be the major thing on my wish-list, though I realize it's unlikely that will happen. (*and unfortunately, Cyberpunk 2077 shows off the silly result that can happen sometimes when people mod it in later...the game looks completely ridiculous in 3rd person, simply because the devs never intended that for the game, unfortunately...however, I do remember someone modding a constant 3rd person view into Borderlands 2 some years ago, and the result looked reasonably fine.)

random specific power just came to mind--- "corrosive vitae"... I don't think this is in, but it's quite a useful blood sorcery ability that should've been in there. With this, you could effectively "acid spit" in an enemy's face like Reptile from Mortal Kombat II, or use your acidic blood to dissolve the locks, chains, etc. right off doors and other things.

I think i have heared somewhere that baron in fact isnt that "anarch baron" type.
Why does he use that tytle is unknow so far...

Not sure tho if that was one of official sources or some speculation chanels to be honest. :-/

I believe we have here two camarilla and two anarch factions ...
- We have old and traditional Camarilla ... presented in Camarilla.
- We have new and progressive Camarilla ... presented in Newcomers.
- We have old and traditional Anarchs ... presented in Pioneers.
- We have new and progressive Anarchs ... presenteed in Baron.
I dont think there is anything else than four leaders of four factions, all trying to get whole Seattle for themselves.
And in this meaning i dont mean "anarch" as "member of anarch movement" ... more like "not want to be part of Camarilla" :D

- And then we have Unseen, who as i gues is the only faction that you can work with no matter who else you choose. Since nosferatu are usualy just informators, spyes and messengers standing in between everyone else ... and they seem to be quite satisfied with that role.
I wonder if you will be able to join only Unseen, but honestly doubt that ... at least to some Nosferatu DLC. I would love to have there some alternative ending like: "dig deep into your hole, and dont care about who rules the surface anymore". :D
What , for Caine sake , is the "new and progressive Camarilla" ?????? o_O o_O o_O

In that previous post, I was thinking of the latest v5 "curse" for Tremere

V5 has some nice ideas engulfed in an humongous sea of bull**It.

The new clan curses belong to the second kind and I strongly hope that they will stay away from BL2 (which is not a literal transposition of the RPG , as neither BL1 was )

What , for Caine sake , is the "new and progressive Camarilla" ?????? o_O o_O o_O
Newcomers are ... i told you. :D
Nah, just kidding.

It just fits the profile.
Im not quite sure what to expect ofc, but to me, its just vibe their leaders send to me, when i look at their pictures.
Think about it as Prince Cross being, for example 120y old vampire ...
On the other hand Prof. Goga is much younger, lets say 30y old for example ...

Therefore much closer to current time, therefore much closer to current technology and lifestyle ... therefore new and progressive ... compared to older vampire that stick to older tradition.

Maybe its just my feeling, and maybe im completely wrong here ...
But Goga seem to me like some of those kinda hypster high school teachers ... all online, all self-sustainable, all enviromental, all cool before it was cool.
On the other hand Cross seem to me like 80'-90' wall street wolf ... certainly effective, just kinda oldschool.

Think about it as Prince Cross being, for example 120y old vampire ...

Well, I dont't really know.

The whole domain is packed with Ancillas and Neonates.
Grand (the "former prince" ) could be arrived there in the second half of XIX century, so should have about 170-180 years and probably he is one of the older kindred all around.
Cross took the power about years 2000 , and this seems to me a sort of "Coup d'Etat" not a true conquest. And he allowed the tremere presence (whence the name Newcomers) .

I'm still thinking that both Camarilla, Newcomers and Pioneers are factions inside the same Camarilla structure , and the "Camarilla faction" itself should have another name ( "Prince faction" ? "Those-who-stick-with-the-new boss Faction" ? )

Baron... well a name is a name.. The Baron seems to me an Anarch (or perhaps better: Autarkic ) leader who wants his own slice of power.

Last edited:
I dont think Pioneers are Camarilla faction ...
Since if they would, and they would loayal to Camarilla ... why would Cross replace Lou Grant? o_O

It seem much more understandable that she either was, or was trying to separate from Camarilla and have Seattle as her own domain.

I dont think Pioneers are Camarilla faction ...
Since if they would, and they would loayal to Camarilla ... why would Cross replace Lou Grant? o_O

It seem much more understandable that she either was, or was trying to separate from Camarilla and have Seattle as her own domain.

it would be neither the first nor the last Domain where the Prince is substituted after a palace conspiracy or other "political reasons"
Celebros in New York , Maxwell in Chigago , Barbarossa in Berln etc. etc...

EDIT: before a "friendly reminder" of an admin, we are definitely going off-thread , here. We should open a new thread about Cama politics and factions and related speculations

I dont think its offtopic ...
For one this debate was started by wish for having noticeable impact on Seattle faction politic and ranks within those factions ...
And for two, this topic was dead for a year. :D

Also my statement for Pioneers keeps the same, even if Lou was all Camarilla, i doubt she will keep thinking like that after she was simply replaced. :p
Or ... acording to topic ... what i wish to see in game is her being at least little more Anarch minded. :D

I dont think its offtopic ...
Ok, but if Hadadad or Debbie will jump here, I'll put the blame on you ;)

For one this debate was started by wish for having noticeable impact on Seattle faction politic and ranks within those factions ...
And for two, this topic was dead for a year. :D
All this forum was, so ... at least a good conversation

Also my statement for Pioneers keeps the same, even if Lou was all Camarilla, i doubt she will keep thinking like that after she was simply replaced. :p
Or ... acording to topic ... what i wish to see in game is her being at least little more Anarch minded. :D

Hmm... I don't know, situation in the whole North America is confused. A lot of small domain are thinking about being free of the official Cama yoke, but Seattle is a not so small domain after all. I'm not in the mind of Lou, and for sure he is quite angry that the Cama allowed (or even supported) his removal.
But going anarch.. that's a big thing.
I guess that the tremere will play a major role, because their allowance in the city was for sure at a cost. And moreover (besides personal mistrust) the former prince had a reason to want them out.
It seems to me that the tremere bought a posoned gift to the current prince.
Returning to Lou and the Pioneers ... (BTW, the clans are unknown or did I miss something ? ) I would prefer an internal politic play inside the Cama that a (simple but more steretyped ) Camarilla vs Anarch conflict.

Also another wish is moving away from the even more steretyped "Prince == Ventrue" concept. Many princes are ventrue. Many more are not.