• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In general, its the only Elder unit left to design. I have no idea how to make something out of a giant chicken really. We must take something else.

I suggest looking against a giant Serpent or the buffed Stone Giant idea.

20201221190716_1.jpg

Then swords:

866812.31_20201221190235_1.jpg

660317.9450000001_20201221185939_1.jpg

Last edited:
Where have you seen this ability? It is supposed not to be used in the mod.
It's just an entry in ShadowRealm.xml. I didn't saw it while testing the campaign.

I'm definitively for a reddish sword, because DE cavalry had one in AoW2, and SR description recalls of glowing blades. Proposed model is more like a blood-stained blade, however. I'm not sure if this detail is visible, even at max zoom, but could we have a more unified reddish blade, and a hilt in tone with the rest of the equipment, instead of being red?

Last edited:
I'm definitively for a reddish sword, because DE cavalry had one in AoW2, and SR description recalls of glowing blades. Proposed model is more like a blood-stained blade, however. I'm not sure if this detail is visible, even at max zoom, but could we have a more unified reddish blade, and a hilt in tone with the rest of the equipment, instead of being red?
The request listed on the Wiki has always been "Exterminators' sword should be red (full of blood, see their description)". I don't think it's time to change it now (+ there was a reminder posted a few weeks ago). So I think the current blade matches perfectly the request and the description of the Exterminator and should be used in the mod.

Trying to finalize everything for release on 26 December...

The request listed on the Wiki has always been "Exterminators' sword should be red (full of blood, see their description)". I don't think it's time to change it now (+ there was a reminder posted a few weeks ago). So I think the current blade matches perfectly the request and the description of the Exterminator and should be used in the mod.

Trying to finalize everything for release on 26 December...

The sword has been updated, I probably did not mention it in the change log. Gemstone mine is currently set on Emerald colour and will have dark green resemble.

The Shadow Realm content mod and the RMG mod have been updated on Steam! I'll update their change logs in momentarily.

If there are any hotfixes that need to be added, let me know, and I can definitely push out another update if required.

The Shadow Realm content mod and the RMG mod have been updated on Steam! I'll update their change logs in momentarily.

If there are any hotfixes that need to be added, let me know, and I can definitely push out another update if required.
I found some typos and couple of other small mistakes in Polish localization in one of the files. Somehow I didn't notice them when I was checking everything before the release, but it's all corrected now. Nothing significant, but it would be nice if you could update it on Steam.

Nothing significant, but it would be nice if you could update it on Steam.

If we don't find any critical bug, I suggest to wait until end of March for next update. That reduces the checking and uploading workload, helps focus our minds on a target date, and reduce the disturbances for players (PBEM games in particular can be blocked by a mod update in the middle of a turn, though that can be solved).

For the Elder Cockatrice, I suggest to deal with it later, after we've dealt with other stuff. When we designed it, the lack of a 3D model for a Basilic or other kind of units was the key factor for sticking with the Cockatrice. Do you have another model Refineus?

For the roamer set, based on the opinion expressed by everyone, we're going to confirm this:
PROPOSAL 1:
Shadow Elf Touched, Shadow Elf Night Guard, Shadow Elf Arcane Archer, Shadow Elf Infused
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...y-expansion-development.1123354/post-27148787
Please post now if you have a different opinion. :)

If we don't find any critical bug, I suggest to wait until end of March for next update. That reduces the checking and uploading workload, helps focus our minds on a target date, and reduce the disturbances for players (PBEM games in particular can be blocked by a mod update in the middle of a turn, though that can be solved).
Sure thing - like I said, it's literally couple of typos so it definitely can wait. And sorry for that, I really don't know how that happened but it seems checking the file ten times before uploading it wasn't enough ;)

it seems checking the file ten times before uploading it wasn't enough
Some files can be unhandy to check cell by cell. If it can help, I use a formula in a spreadsheet to quickly compare original and to-be-uploaded localization columns.
In a simplified syntax (to be adapted to your spreadsheet software), that would be like:
Code:
if $B1 same as $F1 then style_green else style_red
where custom styles (here, cell background color) are defined according to your software manual.
Long campaign texts still have to be checked word by word though, when the comparison results into a red-background cell.

For the Elder Cockatrice, I suggest to deal with it later, after we've dealt with other stuff. When we designed it, the lack of a 3D model for a Basilic or other kind of units was the key factor for sticking with the Cockatrice. Do you have another model Refineus?

I do now.

The last Elder unit.

A giant Monkey, Giant or whatever it is?

Kharagh?

Tell me what you think about it?

20210108161611_1.jpg

Mmh, where does this model come from? Is it on a free licence?
I'm not really convinced by it. And the blueish glow/gas/skin around it is disturbing.

We are still missing a number of structures on the Shadow Realm, starting with 2 recruitment structures we were planning for (see Wiki).
What about using the haunted inn and the circus from Decodence and retexturing them? Does it inspire you for retexturing Refineus?

Mmh, where does this model come from? Is it on a free licence?
I'm not really convinced by it. And the blueish glow/gas/skin around it is disturbing.

This a warbreed originally. Set up with a fur. The gas is a phantasm warrior which can be removed

I know that it's personal fancy but I already localized the Goblin Warbreed as a Karagh, because it just had to be present in vanilla AoW3 one way or the other. :)

More seriously, I'd love if, when other, priority tasks are done, perhaps the skilled graphic artist you've became could help addressing two graphical issues that "hurt" me since the beginning. Not necessary redo the whole things, but conduct an expertise at least on:
  1. The Nightguard: what a weird unit with levitating animations, a scythe, and an unending "chainmail" sound (even when iddle)! At least make the scythe a fauchard (vertical blade) so that they can really stand for pikemen, and change the description to explain why they look levitating/incorporeal.
  2. The general Shadow Elf metallic effect. Perhaps it's dependent on the graphic card, but on my system, it looks pretty ugly: over-saturated, quasi-pixelized and very dependent on ambient light.
I don't know if these models are kind of "copyrighted", as in "use them as they are or don't use them at all", but I personally think they deserve the expansion in their current implementation, indeed. I'd simply ask for reconsidering them if their authors are no more around to review/alter them. A low priority task, though.

We are still missing a number of structures on the Shadow Realm, starting with 2 recruitment structures we were planning for (see Wiki).
What about using the haunted inn and the circus from Decodence and retexturing them? Does it inspire you for retexturing Refineus?

Could this work?

20210116121917_1.jpg

20210116121920_1.jpg

I think yes, but it's a bit weird to have it in only 1 colour?
So what would be the building's name and the units available inside?

I could try to identify the parts of the texture. Originally the texture was sand colour. Easiest to recoluer is stairs.

20210117090111_1.jpg

20210117090112_1.jpg

How about Shadow Palace?

Last edited: